Mookie Gifts.comorder not filled. no communication.

Y

My order was never shipped. The phone rings unanswered. They do not respond to my emails. My credit card was charged. This site needs to be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nb
    N. Bluestein Dec 12, 2007

i placed a xmas gift order in late november. have heard nothing from them, despite over 10 emails to all addresses i could find at their website and telephone messages left.

• To
    Tonya B. Dec 19, 2007

I wish I saw this site before I placed my order last week. I received my shipment yesterday and some of my items were missing and some items that were sent were incorrect. I didn't receive a packing slip or anything so I don't know if these items are on backorder or what. I called the company and the line is constantly busy. I just e-mailed them hoping to get a response...

Lisa P. Dec 19, 2007

Oh great, I placed an order last week, I tried to call but phone number rings no answer, I emailed but got no reply. When I ordered the gift I did have a pending charge on my bank account, but it has fallen off since. If the charge goes through, and I receive no package, I'm filing a complaint with my bank and getting my money back.

Angela Dec 19, 2007

My credit card was also charged by Mookie Gifts but I haven't recieved my products. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau on them.

Jaime Dec 19, 2007

I placed an order yesterday and my Credit Card has been charged all I want to know is if my parents are going to get the Christmas gifts I ordered for them from this site? Can anyone tell me?

• Sh
    sheila lee Dec 19, 2007

DEALING WITH MOOKIE HAS BECOME MY FIRST HORRID EXPERIENCE IN SHOPPING ONLINE!
    How I wish I would have done a search on them before my order on 12/11.

I have the exact complaints as everyone else. NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER!
    I'm ready to report them to the BBB also.

• Aa
    aaron beaubien Dec 20, 2007

I wish i would have seen this as well. i thought i was getting my wife a great present for christmas instead i got a headache from attempting to deal with them. I never received the products but thankfully my charges fell off of my account. I too have never had an issue dealing with a company online until now. I too am filing charges with the BBB. I wish i had checked there as well, as of this morning they had over 60 complaints filed this year alone.

• Te
    TERESA SEVERANCE Dec 24, 2007

I ALSO PLACED AN ORDER WITH MOOKIE GIFTS AND WAS CHARGED ON MY CHARGE CARD AND RECEIVED NOTHING, AND I ALSO CANNOT CONTACT THEM BY PHONE OR E MAIL YOU CANNOT GET ANY RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER.

• Pa
    Patricia O. Mar 12, 2008

I placed an order over 1 month ago and received confirmation of it. I got suspicious when after 1 week there was no shipping confirmation. I have never been charged (luckily) but they DO NOT respond to e-mails nor do they answer their telephone. I left a message (yes I got an answering machine) but *shocker* NO CALL BACK!

BUYERS BEWARE!

I too am submitting them to the BBB.

• Kr
    kris Mar 19, 2008

I placed an order 3 months ago. I never received the products, and company does not reply to emails. When I call I only get voice mail. Thankfully my card was not charged.

Jamie Wilson Mar 26, 2008

Wow I ordered from this company 3 times & have never had a problem.

Madelyn Apr 16, 2008

This company should not be allowed to process any more credit card charges. I have placed and order more then two weeks ago. My credit card was charged and I have not received my item. I have tried to call, email and fax to this company and no respons. Terrible !!!

Mark Apr 18, 2008

Same problem, Never shipped, never answered phone or E-mail. Thank goodness they haven't billed C.C.

• Ia
    iab May 05, 2008

I also am another who ordered from those guys. Wished I had found this site as well before wasting my time.

Mark May 13, 2008

Follow up to my post 25 days ago.They did ship my order 45 days after I ordered, they never did answered my e-mail. Now I have to try again to contact them because two out of the three items were not the ones I ordered.

• Ba
    Barry Schweikart May 13, 2008

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY !!!
    I wish I would have done more research on them before I placed my order...that was charged to my credit card but never received anything! No response from emails or phone calls.
    This is the first time I have "Burned" on the internet.

• Rp
    rpriscilla6 May 15, 2008

I can't believe I only saw this message board after I ordered from them. I ordered about a week ago and no update has been made to my order status. After reading this and receiving no response to my emails, and no agent ever picking up the phone I went to my bank to dispute the charge. I have to wait until it has been the appropriate amount of business days, but I will go back to my bank the second I can and get my money back. If mookie gifts does not respond to visa's request to dispute the charges then they will be in breach of their contract with visa and no longer allowed to accept visa. So, I strongly recommend everyone disputing the charges. To either get your money back, or to minimize the amount of payments accepted by mookie gifts.

• K
    K May 15, 2008

IF YOU'VE BEEN CHARGED AND NEVER RECIEVED YOUR ORDER DISPUTE THE CHARGES!!! OR IF THEY SENT THE WRONG
    ITEM(S), AND GAVE YOU NO WAY TO RETURN/EXCHANGE THEM, YOU MAY DISPUTE THAT TOO!!!

• Me
    Meg May 15, 2008

I am so furious with Mookie Gifts right now and I wish I had seen this post last month, before I ordered from them. They had a hard to find item that I purchased for my son on 4/12. It is now 5/15 and the item has still not arrived. I just got my credit card statement and sure enough, they charged me for it. I have tried both phone numbers I have for them and the phone rings unanswered or I get an automated voicemail and no one returns my call. I have sent 3 emails so far an not one has been responded to. I am definitely fighting this with my credit card company and reporting them to the BBB!

I have been ordering online and doing 90% of my gift shopping online for 8 years and have never had a bad experience. This is by far the worst company I have come across.

• Me
    Meg May 15, 2008

me too!! Ordered items on 4/12, is now 5/15 and I have received nothing. I have called and emailed and gotten no response. I just disputed the charges with my CC company.

joanne altman Jun 06, 2008

I have been trying to get my money back from these
    people for 8 months, no response to my numerous emails. they are a disgrace. should not be allowed on the internet to defraud other buyers, should be on 60 minutes and sued. How about a collective class action suit or a full page add in their local newspaper?

• Sh
    SHARON ELLINGSON Jun 07, 2008

This happened to me. On January 4, 2008 I placed an order. I got a card saying it was back ordered and would be shipped in February. In February I got another card saying it would ship in March. I sent numberous e-mails but no response. So I ordered another one (Cruise jar) from another place. Not the one I wanted, but wanted it as a Birthday gift (which was January 26th, for a friend). Ended up not getting her birthday gift (from another company) until end of April. How can they stay in business?

• Sy
    Syd S. Jun 07, 2008

I, too wish to have first read this complaint board before ordering anything from Mookie. I just ordered something for Father's Day about a week ago and no update when its getting shipped out. I tried looking on their website to check the order number but there is no page to check when an item is to be shipped/sent out.

I will wait and see for a few more days, but I think I might have been ripped off.
    Let the buyer beware.

Liz P. Jul 22, 2008

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I placed an order May 5 and never received it although I received emails stating merchandise was shipped or going to be shipped. Of course, they charged my account immediately! I have emailed them directly numerous times with no response. I have reported them to every organization I can think of. Had to go through VISA to get refund. This site needs to be SHUT DOWN. They are a disgrace to other internet stores and should be prosecuted.

jerm a. Jul 24, 2008

Eh... they are more like an E-Bay store... I received my products
    but two weeks later.. they did not send me any emails back, and
    NO the phone does not work! I freaked out when I saw this site
    and thought I wasnt going to get my items. But thankfully
    i did, cuz I cant find these items anywhere.

I wouldnt buy from them again... but im glad I wasnt
    ripped off.. Just took too long and no communication.
    They should be an Ebay store, not a real online business.

• Ti
    Tina Jul 25, 2008

Like everyone else, I didn't see these complaints until I did some research after ordering one, simple doormat and not recieving it and the phone was on an eternal auto message. Got an email response, that it was shipped a couple of days earlier, then 3 weeks later and a few more emails, finally got a second response saying it was just shipped...again. Yeah, right...it never showed up the "2nd" time either. The site says poor dan is so busy since he's by himself doing customer service...his excuse to buy time is laughable. Luckily, it was an easy chargeback through Amex. What a loser company. Order at your own risk, and if you must take a chance, use your credit card.

Jennifer Jul 27, 2008

I made a $103 purchase on June 14th and it is now July 27th and I have still not received it. Believe me I am making Dan Corkery's (owner) life a living hell. Did a little research on the company and found out the following info:

D&S Giftware (mookiegifts.com and peanutgallerygifts.com)
    Owner: Dan Corkery
    Home Phone: [protected]
    Home Fax: [protected]
    Home Address: 8000 N. Marigold, Columbia, MO 65202
    Dan's Day Time Job: Vision Works (visionworks.com)

The biz address on the website is a Post Office Box @ a UPS Store. I have submitted a complaint with the BBB, E-mailed him @ his work, e-mailed his co-workers to warn them that they work with a thief and have called his home phone. I encourage everyone that has been scammed to do the same!

Mark Jul 29, 2008

I complained to my credit card company after Mookie sent the wrong items and would not return e-mail or a phone message, I was actually able to leave one only once. My credit card company never could get a hold of anybody at Mookie either and after a month they said keep the items and we will deduct the charge from your account. How and why would you stay in business operating this way? Anyway don't order from this company.

Liz P. Aug 15, 2008

Won't even communicate with the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office of Maryland. What does that tell you? This is not a legitimate company. Dan is a scam artist. Call Dan at home and at this company, maybe we might get a response.

Jessica McGrath Sep 02, 2008

I can't believe this happened to me also :( I really wanted this cake cutter for an upcomnig party and now I am screwed. Has anyone been successful with getting their money from the bank??

• Ca
    Carrie Sep 16, 2008

The exact same thing happened to me. I found a clock for my son two months ago ordered it and never recieved it. No reply to phone calls or by email. NEVER BUY FROM THEM. I am going to try calling the local police there to see if there is even a business there.

• Er
    E. Rodriguez Sep 16, 2008

Mookie gifts does not respond. I just received an order confirmation and that´s it. No credit card has been charged and I hope it is not. No answer on the phone or email either.

Mavis Oct 01, 2008

I ordered an item on 9/7 and have had the exact same problem. No item, no response. They don't even list phone numbers on their website anymore, just the e-mail which they don't respond to. I have never had a problem on line before but wish I had checked for complaints first. I emailed Yahoo and told them they should shut them down since they are under their umbrella.

• Mi
    Michelle Oct 07, 2008

Me Too!!! Burned! No Delivery after purchase

• Na
    Nancy Oct 15, 2008

Same here. I ordered items a month ago. E-mailed twice. No response. Cannot track order. Lesson learned.

• Bf
    B Falcone Oct 16, 2008

Well... after I waited for over a month to hear anything about my order from MookieGifts.com, I started researching complaints about them and found this great site. Looks like they have been doing the same thing to a lot of people. The same exact thing happened to me after I tried to order some gifts for my daughter's birthday. I have heard NOTHING from them. I tried contacting them twice with NO FEEDBACK. I have not been charged yet, but that is making me VERY nervous so I took some preventative action to protect myself. I hope the message gets out about this company. I ordered from their website because I thought it looked very professional and much more trustworthy than other sites that had the product I wanted. Looks can be so deceiving.

John Nov 12, 2008

I also wish I saw this site first. No Repsonse from these guys, no order - they are the worst. You can not check your order, they do not respond, they do not answer emails.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

• Be
    betsy Nov 12, 2008

I, too, wish I had seen this site before I placed my order. I have been unable to reach anyone - via phone or e mail. I placed my order on 8/5/08 and have not received it or any had any response from them. How do we notify people that they should not do business with a company on the web? I saw this site too late for it to be helpful for me.

I shop on the web constantly and this is only the second company that has not been reliable. The other was Publishers Pipeline.

Angela Nov 19, 2008

Here is the link to the BBB web site. I have had no repsonse from these people in regards to my order. <sigh> Will see if I can get it from another place and dispute the charge if my item doesnt show up. http://stlouis.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=142&bbb=0734&firm=310043879

• Su
    Susan Gregg Nov 19, 2008

I have never had a problem making purchases online until now. I actually made two separate orders at the beginning of November 2008. A few days after my first order I put in a second order and noticed that after I clicked on the submit button which also was paying for my order an additional item was added to my order, which I did not order. I went back and looked at the first order and sure enough there was one additional item that had been added that I did not order. I have tried contacted them, Dan specifically on several occaisions and also their Admin email address to no avail. I charged almost $500.00 on items for Christmas. I am sick. I contacted my credit card company tonight and unfortunately their system was down so they could not even check my account. I will call them back tomorrow. The person I spoke to said that they could dispute the charges and they would do an investigation which could take 60 to 90 days. This is very unfortunate. I really wanted the items I order and now it looks like I have been ripped off. Too bad I did not see this site before ordering from Mookie Gifts.