Montage Furniture Services Logo

Montage Furniture Services

Having problems with Montage Furniture Services?

Montage Furniture Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 21, 2009. The latest review Warranty was posted on Sep 27, 2021. The latest complaint not following through on warranty was resolved on Dec 02, 2016. Montage Furniture Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 82 reviews. Montage Furniture Services has resolved 19 complaints.

Montage Furniture Services Customer Service Contacts

1800 686 5559 (Customer Service)
4035 Park East Court, Suite 300
Grand Rapids, Michigan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Montage Furniture Services Customer Service. Initial Montage Furniture Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Montage Furniture Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Montage Furniture Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Montage Furniture Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Montage Furniture Services Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Montage Furniture Service — not keeping protection plan records

September 2008 I purchase a mattress from Ashley furniture in Hattiesburg, MS with Montage Furniture...

Montage Furniture Insurancewhat a scam!

I bought a pub table and 4 chairs at Furniture Fair 3 years ago. We knew it wasn't good quality because it wasn't very expensive so we decided to purchase the protection insurance just in case. We paid about $1500.00 for the set. Last year, one of the chairs broke so they replaced it for us. Took them forever to get the claim settled.
This year, the table drawer(underneath) broke off and two parts of different chairs had broken off. I made a claim through Montage and they said that the same set wasn't available anymore and that they would replace the table and three chairs. (Not 4 bc it had been replaced last year!) Then they said they would give me a credit of $416.00 to replace the set! What a scam! When I went back to Furniture Fair to see what was there, they told me that I had to pay for delivery for the new one and while I was there, I had to return the old one back to them. WE had to return it!! Of course, I had to pay more for another set because nothing is that cheap. I will never again buy from Furniture Fair and I will certainly never, ever buy Montage Insurance and would never recommend it to anyone either!!

Montage Furniture Services — denied after being told lies

Hello Carla, Sorry for your difficult situation, but your email reached Furniture World Magazine. We do not...

Montage Furniturewarrenty

This company is as Bad as they come Don't use them they will just take your money. I have been dealing with a claim sense October of last year, When calling they just say some one will call you and they just feeding you cramp calls never Ever returned. I had a service guy come out on 3/15/14 but Montage had him scheduled to come on 4/15/14. Wow they cant even get that right what a Big Joke. They just need to close there doors untle they can find out how to run this place. I could go on and on they really don't have a clue of what they are there for but to take people for granted.

• Mo
        MONIQUE D. Jul 29, 2011

Buyer beware don't ever purchase the Montage Furniture Protection Programs from any furniture store- Montage is a fraudulent company that has denied wrongly any claim I have made. This protection program is just a rip off-THEY WILL DO NOTHING TO PROVIDE YOU ANY SERVICE-THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!!!

Montage Furniture Services — warranty scam

We bought a bunch of furniture after losing our home to hurricane isaac. We also included a warranty on the...

Laplace

Montage Furniture Servicesrefusal to cover product fault

Beware of this company and Ashley Furniture. We've purchased thousands of dollars worth of furniture and were told by the Ashley salesperson that purchasing coverage with Montage Furniture Services would be a great investment to protect our new leather furniture. After just a few months, the leather on one of the chairs began to split at the seams because of the poor quality, not because of any accidents or abuse. We called MFS and were promptly told that they WOULD NOT cover a fault with the product. In reading over the warranty information again, we found that everything is "at their discretion" which tells me that they cover NOTHING. Do not waste your money on these criminals.

• Cl
          cltworkermom Nov 10, 2014

I unfortunately fell to the scam as well. we were promised that by buying the "Peace of Mind Protection Plan' that we would be covered.. It is now 3 years and the leather is falling apart, cracking, splitting and bubbling. We are stuck with a crappy and EXPENSIVE piece of furniture with a 'Protection Plan' that is as worthless as the piece of paper it is printed on! Ashley Furniture and Montage Furniture service definitely win the scam artists of the year!!

Montage Furniture Servicesrefusal to file claim

We had purchased a Protection Plan 2 years ago which offers coverage for any damage to the furniture. The representative on the phone asked me when the incident happened. Since my husband has the exact details on the accident and he wasnt home, I provided a vague/approximate date of the incident. I also said I am not sure. I am 8months pregnanyt and my memoery isnt at its best these days. The representative refused to send a claim form saying the incident was outside 30 days and they have a 30-day policy. I told her as well as her superviser that I could have made a mistake while stating the date, but they still refused to file a claim. This is a SCAM, FAKE policy. I did not sign anywhere about the details and they are holding just my word and refusing to even file a claim.

John Manis Jan 20, 2014

We purchased a leather recliner from Ashely Furniture about two years ago. With this we also purchased the Montage protection plan for 5 years that was supposed to cover all material problems with the recliner. We called Montage with a claim stating that the leather material was ripping and cracking . It was due to defective material, the reason I say this we had it checked out by a furniture expert. The Montage claims person without even looking at it or sending a rep. out to look at it, had a excuse right off the bat, that it was normal wear and tear and they would not honor the claim. At this time she said there was nothing they could or would do and that was that. I believe at least they should send out a rep to check the situation. This company is a rip off and should not be trusted. This company should be investigated for fraud!

Montage Furniture Service Warrantynot providing service

First off, Ashely furniture here in Lexington has been tremendous in helping me with my problems with montage. They have serviced my furniture way beyond the year because montage will not, as a matter of fact the have canceled business with montage. As for montage, they are another story absolutely terrible. I have has 3 claims get denied after they failed to respond to my submitted claims. They say it is an accumulation of damage. I guess so with 2 little children who damage everything they touch which was the reasoning for purchasing this accidental plan. They will not cover natural wear and tear bit accidents only, how stupid. I am looking for my contract now so my legal shield attorney can handle them.

• Be
              Bean30 Jul 11, 2013

Montage Furniture Servicesrepairs warranty

Called, emailed and contacted the company multiple times to have a wooden bed frame repaired. Told someone would contact me within two days. People play passive game. They say we will get right back to you and never do. My wife has called three times. I have called three times and I have emailed them all the information they requested.

I will call the insurance commissioner tomorrow but won't hold my breath. I will never buy furniture from this store even though the warranty company is the problem.

Montage Furniture Servicespositive experience

With all these complaints, I want to offer my experience with Montage which has been very favorable.
              I purchased an Ashley durablend sectional through an online reseller, and the delivery people damaged it getting it into my apartment.
              Montage contacted me to set up a date and told me that the technician would call me the day before to schedule a time. The technician actually called me 2 days before, and we scheduled a time between noon & 2pm. I asked him to call me about 15 minutes before because I work close to home.
              On the day of the scheduled appointment, he called me at 1:25 and told me he's about 15 minutes away. I left work & he arrived at my home a couple minutes after me.
              The upholstery in my couch had several small tears in some relatively low profile locations, along the top edge of the back of the sofa and along the bottom edge of the front. I would have been pleased with the tears being patched - especially those on the back side. Evidently, Montage considers anything on the top side to be high profile, so no patch, they will replace the entire back side of the upholstery.
              For the tears on the front bottom, he was able to pull the upholstery back and restaple it to (1) conceal it and (2) prevent it from spreading.
              All in all, both remedies exceeded my expectations. The technician was timely, and he called ahead, so the impact on my workday was minimal.
              I highly recommend Montage.

2 Responses
                • Cr
                  crapcupoverflowith Dec 18, 2014

Youre a liar! Montage doesn't cover damage done during deliver... That falls on the company you purchased the furniture for...

• Pa
                  patricia cropp Oct 11, 2012

the only reason they did that was because it was there fault most places like furniture factory outlet u pick up its the damage that u cause once u get it home set up an some one flops on furniture an wood pop out back is how that works out for u or stains cant come out u will fill a little different about them.

Montage Furniture Service (Mfs)worse service ever

Our claim to fix our leather couch has been open for over a year now. Over the past year, we have had a technician visit our home 3 different time. Each time he says we have been sent the WRONG part, and the correct part will have to be re-ordered, re-shipped, and we'll have to make ANOTHER appointment for him to come out to our home again. We are now on our fourth part. It says to allow 4-6 week to ship and receive the part, it has been 7 week. Still no part. I spent a few hundered extra dollars on this extra extended warranty. It is the biggest load of BS. I have been given the runaround for the past year. I will NEVER buy another couch from Ashley Furniture, nor any other store that deals with this service. Around the same time I bougth this couch from Ashley, I purchase a loveseat from a local store. I did not buy the extended warranty for the other. About a month after, I noticed the arm of the loveseat would make a very loud squeaking noise, when any pressure was applied. I called the local store, they had someone out within a few days to look at it. A week later, I received a brand new love seat. Even without purchasing any type of warrant. Needless to say, they have my business for life and I will never set foot in a chain company again. Their furniture is overpriced and cheaply made. Stick to the local stores.

Montage Furniture Services Warranty Programservice & warranty

I purchase a 5 yr Ashley Warranty to cover my items up to 5K. I have had to use them twice. First time about a stain that would not lift from a microfiber couch and broken wood chair "foot rest bar", I called claim in, answered questions, they sent a tech out to repair, he repaired the chair foot bar, and said he fixed the stains on couch, stains never came out, called again about a year later for same dining set, different chair, this time customer service very rude, said they have a new policy that is totally archaic, you have to print out a claim form, 4 pages, sign and then mail it back before anything is actually done. I asked why different then last claim, and service reps were very rude, unhelpful and first time i called for the second claim, wasn't even made aware of the new change. They are incompetent, they do not notify of any changes in policy, and will do their damn-est to sway you from filing a claim. I paid good money for a warranty for the expensive furniture and they fight you every step of the way. Very Very dissatisfied and the hassle and time is not worth the extra money.

Montage Furniture Service Companyterrible warranty

My husband and I purchased a whole living room set at Furniture Fair. The salesperson led us to believe that the insurance was a smart way to go, and that it covered just about Everything. However, 3 months after receiving the furniture, water was spilt on the table for no longer than 3 - 4 hours, but had left many bubbles and peeling of the wood. The insurance company does not cover Bubbling or peeling, OF COURSE! DO NOT PURCHASE FURNITURE AT FURNITURE FAIR NOR GET INSURANCE THROUGH MONTAGE FURNITURE SERVICE...TRUST ME ITS NOT WORTH IT

Montage Furniture Insuranceno warranty from a warranty company

Purchase 6, 000 in custom made amish furniture, was told by the sales person that the warranty company would cover everything, including our dog if he scratched the furniture no problem. 500.00 dollars down the drain this company has come up with every single excuse you can think of not to honor our policy even those not related to the dog. Take pictures of all of the damage, fill out leghtly form which has to be snail mailed a long wait and for them to finally email us a long list of why every request would not be covered. Do not buy an extended warranty from these guys hugh waste of money.

• Cb
                          CBLAIR Mar 16, 2012

I am currently going through the same thing. I bought a leather couch a year ago and the leather is cracking and they would not replace or fix that...if it was normal wear and tear it would not happen within one year especially when it is taken very good care of. The problem is, is that it is cheap made furniture from ashley that they make a huge profit off of, then they scam people making them think this insurance thing is to die for...well its not. Oh they also told me that they only cover accidently occurrences so then I told them I had an end table that I spilled a drink on and it bubbled and made the paint crack sounds like an accident to me...well guess what they didn't cover that either!!! Montage furniture insurance is a joke DO NOT PURCHASE IT THEY ARE SCAMMING EVERYONE!!!

Montage Furniture Servicesturned down claim

We were told that Montage Furniture Services would fix our furniture if anything went wrong with it. We paid $179 for coverage and now the first time we submitted a request for repair they have turned it down. That was after having to document the damage and mail it in (they refused to allow for an online submission). This is not a legitimate company. Do not let a store talk you into purchasing this plan.

4 Responses
                          • Ib
                            ibiene09 Apr 08, 2016

they are criminals that need to be locked up. They look for every way to deny a claim so they can keep the money.

• Ib
                            ibiene09 Apr 08, 2016

They are liars, rude, and a complete waste of money. I filed a claim on my sectional while moving out of my apartment the furniture got stock in the door and reaped. this fools states the damage did not happen at my home. are they crazy... i am freaking paying for the apartment. They are full of BS. I should have used that money and treat my dogs. Instead i gave it to liars. SMH... Now i know to never use them in my life. save your money people.

• St
                            STUPID PERSON 4 BUYING THIS INSURANCE Dec 15, 2011

HUH WELL U GUYS JUST PAYED THAT MUCH E PAYED 750 DOLLARS 4 NOTHING I SWEAR THEY STOLD OUR PONEY FROM OUR POCKETS SME THIND WITH US THY SAYED OHHH WE CANT FIX IT BECAUS IT ACCUMALATES DURING TIME ABOUT MY BREAKFAST BENCH U SIT ON IT U HEAR SCREWS FALLING OUT I HAD IT FOR 9 MONTHS THEY SAYED THAT HAPPENS DURING TIME SO WE CANT DO IT IM LIKE HELLO THATS Y ITS CALLED A 3 YR WARRANTY ITS9 MONTHS AND U GUYS AYED NO I SWEAR I SHOULD HAVE SENT THAT MONEY TO HAITI OR INDONESIA OR THOSE PLACES THAT REALLY NEED THE MONEY THATS MONE WELL SPENT NOT LIKE THESE SCAMERS AGAIN BEWARE THEY WILL SWEET TALK U BEWARE

• Fu
                            furniture10 Jul 29, 2011

read the terms of the plan first before you ###!! does it state it covers everything NO!!

Montage Furniture Service — credit

I too had the same problem with MFS... First of all it took them forever to a process my claim. I swear it...

Montage Furniture Services — warranty no honored

I purchased a recliner chair from you store in Brandywine, Maryland in November 2008 for 549.00 in addition I...

Montage Furniture Services — failure to honor warranty

I have experienced the same situation as others have reported on this site. I spent over $2, 400 with Ashley...

Montage Furniture Services — protection plan

I purchased the 5-year protection plan from American Furniture Galleries on several pieces of Ashley...

Montage Furniture Services. — procrastination of warranty service.

I bought $5200.00 worth of furniture from Ashley furniture in 2007 and was talked into buying a 5 year...