Monitronics — Do not buy
I felt taken advantage by this company. I was pregnant and exhausted and the sales person advised I could extract myself out of this contract for a nominal fee should we install this security system. It is my fault for not reading the fine print. Turns out we were contractually obligated to pay the monthly fee or pay the lump sum of the 5 yrs upfront regardless if we kept the service or not. After stuck in a 5 year contract, I called to finally cancel the system. Now they stated that they will have to bill me one more cycle... I called to cancel the day after my last bill. They have done everything to squeeze every penny from the consumer and further more their equipment is faulty- it set off on its own, random beeping that would wake us at night- finally we had to disconnect it. Disappointed, as one that had ADP for years to compare, this service is not worth the headache. I am glad to be free of these thieves.
More Monitronics Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs!
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing
- Monitronics - fraud
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service
- Monitronics - my service. no way to communicate with monotronics. no communication in spanish and the machine doesn't understand my english.
- Monitronics - Phone contract agreement scam
- Monitronics - Still billing after cancellation
- Monitronics - Horrible practice
- Monitronics - Rip off