Modnique.comThis is the absolute worst company ever

M

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY ever! I work in Ecommerce and I know all of the Ins and Outs of this business and Modniqiue is destined to fail miserably! I placed an order almost a month ago for 6 articles of clothing. Finally received my package and low and behold only 1 piece came with a huge RIP! I signed into my account to see when the rest of my order would be coming and of course there is ZERO information on a future shipment date, all I get is that it hasn't ship...what kind of a ### do they take me for? OBVIOUSLY I KNOW MY ITEMS HAVEN'T SHIPPED BECAUSE THEY NEVER CAME!
I contacted CS who promptly responded that they were hoping my items would come in and that would expedite my shipment (no offer of any credit of any sort...clearly ZERO knowledge about customer retention). So I tried to still give them the benefit of the doubt and asked what type of shipping method would be given to me and they stated 4 business days...HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT EXPEDITED? UPS Ground GUARANTEES shipping within 3-5 business days within the CONUS!
Clearly disappointed I asked to just cancel my order since they already went ahead and CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT WITH NO PRODUCT ON HAND and to top it all off I receive an email stating that I WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING FOR A RIPPED SHIRT!??!?!?!?!? The shirt was $20 and I'm supposed to pay money OUT OF MY POCKET to return a ripped shirt????
EVERYONE STAY AWAY THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!!
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

• Mm
    mmir Aug 01, 2013

These are abusive fraudsters! They bought Totsys' assets and basically gave them all (including pre-paid unshipped merchandise) to charity. After 10+ Emails and calls back and forth they basically admitted they were not responsible. What's even worse is that I can't put up a claim with paypal because Totsy took the money out of my account the day of the order and since the orders usually take 4-6 weeks to ship, the time limit for paypal claims has expired.

• Nj
    NJDubai Jun 23, 2013

These guys at Modnique are absolute fraudsters! Stay away from them! I placed two orders worth almost 600 US$ and I never received the goods. The so called "Customer service" went into a deep hiding and can't be contacted at all. I reported teh case to teh Fraud Department of my bank and filed the case. Now I can only hope I will be able to recover the money back.

• Ri
    Riminale Jan 10, 2013

Bad experience with modnique return policy. It is misleading and unlawful. There are two policies for the one item. Buyer beware you must read the fine print return policy before purchase it may state shop credit only, However, the purchase order will give you an option for a full refund!! I had a bad experience with the purchase of a high end watch. I have been told my only option is a shop credit, but the purchase order states I may choose a full refund. No satisfaction so far, placed copy of purchase order with return hoping i have the option for a full refund.

• Je
    Jenleigh Jan 08, 2013

Modnique have two return policies for the one item. One screen says item refundable for store credit and the purchase order clearly states item can be refunded in full. I am in the process of trying to get my money refunded for purchases I am not happy with. I am legal afvice in relation to the two policy refund. In Australia they would have to honour the full refund. I am sure it is the same in the states.
    I recently dealt with MYHABIT the BEST website ever amazing customer service. Highly recommend this site.

• Om
    Omatice Dec 08, 2012

The first order I placed, it was canceled because their vendors failed to deliver...this practice is 'stock inflation.' Overestimate the inventory you have to make sales, later on, you cancel the ones you know you can't fulfill. They gave a $25 credit to my account but it's kind of disappointing - not that not having anything is that important but it's the principal.

One good thing is that their customer service via live chat is timely and competent. But it's a hassle to stake out a sale, then have it canceled two weeks later - I don't think I would buy anything from here again just because I don't have the patience and time to gamble on whatever it is I'm buying to be in stock.

• Ni
    Niesene Nov 26, 2012

I was a customer with Modnique for a quite a long time, ordering at least one-two items a month! i dont have time to go shopping so I usually do it online...there are millions of flash sites like this but i got stuck with modnique coz :1) i was used to it 2)it offered descent prices first and shipping fees were affordable.

since the time ive received my first package from modnique it got WORSE AND WORSE.customer service is DISGUSTING and NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! their rules became RIDICULOUS! NEVER EVER COMING BACK!

• Xi
    Xinatte Oct 15, 2012

I have ordered a few with no problem. But the last order of mine was delivered to someone else and I got hers. No problem up to that stage. But Modnique didn't do anything apart from about 15 sorry emails. We ended up sending to each other in our own time going to post office and pay for that. Never heard of in Australia internet shopping.

• To
    Tombalde Aug 20, 2012

I bought two shorts from this website. After receiving them, one short should be made of 60% cotton which was not, no cotton at all. The other one is dirty!!! I returned them and asked for a return shipping fee since their policy is if the item is damaged then they may refund the return shipping fee. They did refund the money for the shorts. But they didn't return the shipping fee. And their customer service sucked. They never thought something wrong with their products. And they have never replied me about the return shipping fee. It's like I'm lucky to get the full refund of those shorts. Anyway, do not buy anything form them. My friends bought something totally fake.

• Mo
    Modnique.com May 01, 2012

Dear Isille,

We are very sorry to hear that you had an unhappy experience with our customer service department. Here at Modnique we strive to ensure that our members receive the best service possible, and we’re dismayed to hear that you received less than stellar service. Could you provide us with an order number or an email address so that we can assist you? We would like to help you resolve any issues that you have been experiencing with us. We can be reached by phone at [protected] or U.S. toll-free at [protected]. Our phone lines are open Monday through Friday from 7am to 5pm PST. You can also reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Modnique

• Is
    Isille Apr 30, 2012

Terrible customer service!

• Mo
    Modnique.com Jan 30, 2012

Dear Jaimmy C,

We’re sorry to hear that you were upset with our shipping timeframes. To better explain the way our sales platform works, once the sale event ends, it takes between 10-17 business days for us to receive and ship out merchandise from our vendors. While we understand that this timeframe may seem somewhat lengthy, due to the relationship we have with our vendors, we are able to give our members discounts on merchandise anywhere between 50-85% off.

Occasionally, a vendor may be delayed in shipping us merchandise, but if there is a delay, we work hard to inform our members of any delays we are experiencing with the vendor.

We are sorry to hear that you received your shirt with a rip in it. If you wish to return your merchandise, you will receive a refund in full. All members have 30 days to return merchandise from the day it was shipped. Since your item arrived to you damaged, if you include a return shipping receipt, you can be reimbursed up to $10 if you are a US member, or up to $20 if you are an international member. For your convenience, we have provided the return instructions below.

If you would like to return you item(s), please follow these instructions:
    1. Log in to Modnique.com with your email and password.
    2. Click on My Account and then, go to Returns
    3. Select the item(s) you wish to return
    4. Select the reason for the return and preferred refund type (store credit or back to payment method).
    5. If you wish to specify the reason for your return in greater detail, you may enter them in the Notes field provided below the items image.
    6. Click Proceed to Review
    7. Verify that all the information is correct and then, click Create RMA (your Return Authorization Number)
    When mailing your return, please include the following information to expedite your refund:
    A copy of the invoice (available for printing in My Account if you lost the original copy).
    A reason for your return.
    Write the RMA # both INSIDE and OUTSIDE of the return package.
    Please mail the return items to:
    Modnique.com
    Attn: Returns Dep.
    RMA#
    12901 Coral Tree Place
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    Returns will be refunded back to your original payment method. If the item is damaged or the wrong item was sent, you will receive a full refund back to your payment method once it goes through an inspection process.
    If your item was damaged or the wrong item was sent, we may approve a refund of your return shipping costs ($10 for U.S. returns and $20 for international returns). Please provide a copy of your return shipping receipt for our inspection.
    All returns must be done within 30 days from the day your order shipped (the ship date can be found on the shipping label or in shipment confirmation email). Please allow 3-5 business days to complete your refund once it has been received into our database system. We accept items that have not been used.
    **We strongly recommend shipping back your packages with a service that offers tracking. At this time we ask you to pay for return postage fees. Please accept our apologies if this caused any inconvenience. We are working to find ways to offer free shipping for returned merchandise. We offer great savings by working with slim markups, therefore paying for return postage is difficult for us at this point.

Sincerely,