Menu
Mitchum
reviews & complaints

Mitchum
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

279 complaints
21 resolved 258 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Mitchum. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
1:59 pm EDT

Mitchum - Deodorant

Hello,
I am writing to make you aware of a problem
I am finding with the aerosol sprays I have been purchasing . I love this make as it works well and is compatible with my skin allergies . Recently I have been wasting at least half a can a time as the gas or nossle is not lasting till the end of the can . I now have 6 cans of half full deodorant and now feel I need to raised this . I have let it go on too many occasions now .
If you require videos of the cans please let me
Know

Many thanks for reading
Christine Green

Desired outcome: This needs looking into and the problemFixing

J
2:58 pm EDT

Mitchum - Mitchum deodorant

Hi,
I have been using your deodorants for as long as I can remember, they are a fantastic product, but that last four sprays that I have brought, the product spray works well then it becomes difficult to press the canister to dispense, even if I was going to the gym I would really find it difficult. Please can you advise what's different? I've always gone by the Moto, if it's not broken don't fix it, can you please go back to the old proven and tried ways of a great delivery of the product.

Desired outcome: Better delivery of deodorant without breaking my thumbs

K
7:34 am EDT

Mitchum - Mitchum triple odor defence

I changed over to Mitchum last year and was impressed. Unfortunately this last batch I bought are difficult, to say the least, to use. The top turns and trying to press to activate is so awkward, really hard, even tried to check if the hole was in line with nossel, and it is. Have to complain and I have no deodorant now. I bought three on my last batch and only one works effectively.

Desired outcome: Voucher to replace the faulty sprays

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Started recently using this product and noticed my skin felt sore, looked in the mirror this morning and I have red marks that look like burn marks, it's very sore to touch and feels quite itchy, the photos are later on today so don't look as sore as they did this morning.

9:44 am EDT

Mitchum - Ladies deodorant spray

I love Mitchum deodorant, the smells are lovely and it works but the problem is with the spray top. Approximately 1 in 5 don't work after a few sprays. I have a new can that I cannot use as it's stuck and won't spray. This has happened on numerous occasions in the past and it is a waste of money having to replace a full can. My Mum would like to use Mitchum but she doesn't have enough strength to use the spray as they are hard.

Many thanks
Alex

[protected]@hotmail.com

Desired outcome: I think the design needs changing to an easier to use spray and one that won’t stick/break. I would be grateful for a voucher(s) to make up for having to buy more after having to throw some away.

K
1:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fairly new Tee. Marks everywhere the deodorant gel touched. I have sprayed it with stain remover. Hoping it works. If this doesn't work, because stain is inside and outside, I will need to throw out a shirt that I have worn maybe 4 times.

4:54 am EDT

Mitchum - Spray

Hi, I have always used your sprays as I find them to be the best protection. However I have now 6 tins that are only half way down and the spray nozzle has stopped working. This is a total waste of money as I'm sure you will agree.They normally cause £3.00 a tin so they're not cheap, but are way too expensive to only be able to use half.I want reimbursed for the tins I cannot use and I would suggest your company inspects these aerosols properly before leaving your factory.If I do not receive a satisfactory outcome I will contact trading standards as I can see quite a few other people have had the same issues.

Desired outcome: I feel I should be receive a refund for these tins.

M
1:16 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I e been using this deodorant for years but for the last year have had problems with the nossel being very hard and can't press it down so not been able to use it as you have got to really press hard to use it but before I've never had problems with it

N
7:13 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I love this product and also use the roll on, however the past few cans I've had trouble spraying. There is still about half left but I can't get it out . I purchased cans at home bargains in chesterfield and wondered if it was a bad batch . I would appreciate any feedback

C
1:00 pm EDT

Mitchum - Product

Good Evening

I am sorry I have to log this complaint.
We as a family have been using your spray deodorant for many years and up until just recently never had an issue.
The last 3 cans we have used stop spraying before the can is empty.If it only happened the once I wouldn't have minded but this is the 3rd can we have had issues with.
Has anyone else had this problem.
It just feels like I'm wasting money .
Hope to hear back from you soon .
Regards
Christine

T
8:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I making a complaint about the deodorant for women. When the deodorant get low it began to break up in pieces. I have never experience this before with other deodorants.

6:47 am EDT

Mitchum - Deodorant spray

Good morning I am sending this email as I have a complaint about your spray deodorants large bottles, I have had three or four but have not worked in the last month and previously before that it cost me money to keep replacing them as for today I've got a new one it does not work yet again it lets out a tiny spray and then stops working please can you resolve this as I am not the only one this is happening to.

Desired outcome: Resolved

1 comment
T
Aug 20, 2021 4:42 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I too have this problem! I'm on my 4th can and every one has done the same, fine to start with then it seems that the button (which u press down) doesn't press down far enough. My husband uses the mens one and has had no problems whatsoever...and trying to contact Mitchum themselves is a nightmare! I've completed their online form 4 times and not had an acknowledgement, and the phone number they give is never manned! (I'm in the UK)

D
3:11 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just tried Mitchum underarm deodorant and it's no good as it burnt me under my armpits Also I've sent this in before and all I get is sluffed off to a page that wants money I take it that there's no one there that gives a dam

E
6:40 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After using mitchum roll on deodrant for many years and having no side affects i used the product last week as instructed and as i have every time in the past and i have been suffering from the most excruciating pain in one of my armpit. My skin has been burnt and blistered. I have attached a photo of the injury caused.

Mitchum - Mitchum unperfumed roll on anti perspirant

I have used Mitchum antiperspirant for years, I recently purchased unscented roll on to use on
holiday. I applied the same amount morning & evening and I have had a really bad reaction to it, as though it has burnt and scarred my skin. It has been very sore and uncomfortable. I feel that this needs looking into as a product shouldn't do this when it is being used as intended.

R
6:45 pm EDT

Mitchum - smart solid Clinical performance

Don't get me wrong, I really like it BUT-
For the amount that's in the package, I think I'm paying more for the package than the product. It's only 2.5 oz. It's about 1/3 full.

Then when you get to the bottom there is still lots left as compared to the unused product! I have been keeping the unused bottoms and when I get a few I dig them out and transfer them to another stick. I'm getting good at melting the product and moving it. I am amassed how much the leftovers add up when you recombine them!

Better to do that than waste it through poor design! With that being said I am looking for a higher volume product with less waste!
This product is labor intensive to reclaim unused product, not a fair value for the price!

I would add a photo but I'm sure you are aware of my issues since you make it.

Desired outcome: Make a larger product or lower the price to reflect the useable amount.

E
5:48 pm EDT

Mitchum - Mitchum ultimate gel

After using the gel deodorant today, I then put my shirt on and soon noticed significant discolouration of the material in all the areas that Applied the deodorant. This appears to be permanent damage. I have looked at the product and cannot see any warning notifications regarding the potential for this. It appears to have bleached the material, which can clearly been seen in the photo, which has been submitted. My email address is elisabethbritz.[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: An acceptable resolution

1 comment
Sep 23, 2021 6:08 am EDT

I have had same problem new shirt ruined all the colour taken out

3:06 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been buying this product for many years and have always been very pleased with it. But have found recently that it stops spraying about a third of the way through the can or sprays very little. Has happened on my last 6 cans. Resulting in me having to throw it in the bin. My last aerosol has started spraying slowly after a couple of sprays.

J
9:56 am EDT

Mitchum - Men Mitchum Triple Odor Defense Unscented Gel Deoderant

This product clearly states on the front of the packaging it is Unscented. However when I opened it I clearly got an offensive scent. When I read the ingredient list, it clearly states "fragrance" as its last ingredient.

Due to the labelling of this product, I purchased something can't be used in my home and is the exact product I didn't want. I wasted my money.

Desired outcome: Removes fragrance from product, or “Unscented” from packaging.

3:51 pm EDT

Mitchum - Gel deodrant

I use this with my daughter as she is disabled and thought it was a good product. However today we noticed that there were bleach marks on her new blue t-shirt. Disgusted that the chemicals in this product have done this especially as apparently this has been an issue with your products for years. Surely you must have seen the complaints and changed the product it costs enough.

Desired outcome: Reply wanted