Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized transactions

I bought a microsoft cash 2 cd from this site, on November 10, 2008 they took out of my debit card account $1.95 for the the disc. I never saw in written that i was going to be billed later on for more. When i tried looking back into the site it said that there was no such site. Then on November 17, 2008 i later found out that $45.95 was taken out of my debit account. On my debit card account statment for December nothing was taken out. Then on the December 31, 2008 $65.95 was taken out my debit card account again, and i had already placed a complaint on this site a month ago but was cancelled because they never responded back. My bank told me to take this to the police to see if they can help, i don't know what else to do.

I just want my money back!

• De
    Deborah Day Nov 19, 2008

I have been unable to contact this company to cancel this crap, I was also charged $49.95 which I thought was just $1.99, there is no phone number to call either, I do not want their product Success kit, my reference # is 850627956, please help me get this cancelled before I get another fee from my bank of $35.00 for insufficent funds

• Be
    Bearman Jan 30, 2009

I just had exactly the same thing hppen to me regarding a Green Tea Extract product that I didn't order and the amount was $74.95. After bing kept on hold, trasfered to a phone extension and leaving several messages I have received no response.

Finally an email response cnceling an account that I never signed up for and no mention of a refund. I tried to reply email their email and to no surprise it bounced back as undeliverable.

scam regarding a sweepstakes winnings

Received this email notification this morning. obviously it is a scam!

flag this messagecongratulations! you just won a sweepstakesunday, january 11, 2009 1:01 am
From: "microsoft" <[protected]@microsoft.com>add sender to contacts to: undisclosed-recipientsmicrosoft corporations:
Customer service
Your reference no: esp-l/l-2810
Your batch no: 2008/101/mic official winning notification we are pleased to inform you of the release of the long awaited results of
Sweepstakes promotion organized by microsoft, in conjunction with the
Foundation for the promotion of software products, (f.p.s.) held in
November 2008, in the united kingdom where in your email address emerged as one of the online winning emails in the 2nd category and therefore attracted a cash award of (475, 000.00gbp) four hundred and seventy five
Thousand british pounds sterling.
To begin your claim, do file for the release of your winning by contacting
Our foreign transfer manager: mr. allan bedwell
Tel:+[protected]

TELEPHONE:316_266_108_43
    I.P.P AWARD DEPARTMENT,
    AMSTERDAM HOLLAND.

Dear Sir/Madam

We are happy to inform you that you have won a prize money of ( Two Hundred and Fifty thousand € 250, 000.00 EURO) for this year lottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO!,

Annually YAHOO! collects all the E-mail id's of the people that are online on yahoo amongs the Millions that subscribe to YAHOO!, Eight People Are Been selected All Over The World.

Our Winners Are Selected Through Electronic Balloting System Without The Winner Applying.We Are Congratulating You For Being One Of The People Selected For This Second Random For The Year 2010.

These Are Your Winning Identification Numbers...

Dream number...Lwh 888888
    Ticket/Lotto number...Lwh 38 399 465 896 309,
    Lotto number...Lwh 08 18 38 32 36 40 43
    Serial number...Lwh 3/888/9409
    Category...2nd

To Begin Your Claims, Kindly Contact Asian Fiduciary Agent For Your Prize barrister mohammed hasnain

EMail: [email protected]

mobile: +62 857 1423 9067.

tele: +622 180 360 855.

Without Any Further Delay. Otherwise Your Prize Will Be Returned Unclaimed To Our National Headquarters In Holland And Will Be Donated To Charity Homes.

You Are Required To Forward To Your Agent With The Following Details:

1.FULL NAMES...
    2.FULL ADDRESS...
    3.COUNTRY OF ORIGIN...
    4.DATE OF BIRTH...
    5.OCCUPATION...
    6.TELEPHONE NUMBERS...
    7. TICKET AND LOTTO NUMBER ...
    8. SERIAL NUMBER ...

As soon as you contact Him He Will Advise you on the Procedure to claim your Won Prize Money Immediately.

NOTE: YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO KEEP ALL YOUR WINNING CONFIDENTIAL TILL CLAIM IS MADE TO AVOID WRONG OR DOUBLE CLAIMING.ANY BREACH OF CONFIDENTIAL DISQUALIFIES YOU FROM GETTING YOUR PRIZE.
    YOUR ADDRESS HAS WON

Congratulations Once More!!
    Yours Faithfully, MRS, DORATHY WILLIAMS, LOTTERY ORDINATOR
    Past winners.

Congratulations Once More!!

Yours Faithfully,
    Dr.Austin Owchor Finance Director,
    Barrister mohammed hasnain Asian Fiduciary Agent,
    Dr.Ronny Romero Head of Administration.
    [YOU MUST CLAIM YOUR PRICE ON OR BEFORE 10 DAYS]

saim70 Sep 03, 2010

very bad

• Di
    disheartened again Nov 11, 2010

ive just received a very similar email but my "win" is in the netherlands in euros, Clearly a variation on a theme.
    We need an easier way of removing people who scam by stopping their Email addresses quickly.If there was a central body we could report misuse of email address to and who could shut down the address it would slow down the scammers progress.
    just recently on a dating site i was approached by a female(?) scammer and i reported them and they were removed instantly.
    they(she)was using a yahoo email account which i also reported with evidence by copy /paste of messages received and days later i was still getting messages through the yahoo account-------did yahoo do anything????i never got a reply to say they would investigate, do they even care??

cheated by the purchase of microsoft windows xp professional (oem)

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Cheated by the Purchase of Microsoft Windows XP Professional (OEM) at Low Yatt Plaza, KL

I am writing to you to complain about an incident which happened at Low Yat Plaza, KL on the purchase of an OEM Microsoft Windows XP Professional software recently.
On 28 December 2008 at around 11.45am, I went to Low Yat Plaza to purchase a Microsoft Windows XP Professional software for my PC at Prestige IT Distribuion Sdn Bhd (Lot 2.50 & 2.51, 2nd Floor). I asked for an original version of the software and the sales person promptly gave me this copy which I currently have now. He also assured me that the product key code is the original one and he even told me that he purchased one from the shop as well while showing me his product authenticity certificate (with product key code on it). Feeling convinced with his explanation, I bought the software and paid RM475.00.

My friend, Mr. Emil J. Fisk was helping me install the program into my PC and when he saw the software I purchase, he promptly told me that this software is an OEM version and not the Retail version. He explained there is a difference between these 2 licenses and that the OEM version can only be sold with a purchase of a new PC. (e.g.: when purchasing a DELL, HP or Acer pc, the OEM version is usually sold with it). He explained further that the OEM license will only allow for one installation into one PC only and would not allow the program/license to be installed or transferred to another PC if I purchase another one (uninstalling from the old PC and reinstalling into a new PC). This is because, when the OEM software is registered online, it will also register the mother board serial number, processor serial number and other items. This means, only one PC can be installed with the software. Furthermore, Mr. Emil pointed out that it is stated on the pack that this software is ‘for distribution only with a new PC’. The retail version allows the software to be transferred to a new PC.

All of this was not explained to me earlier by the sales person, and I am no PC genius. Feeling cheated, Mr. Emil and I went back to Low Yat Plaza to ask for a refund at around 4pm the same day. We spoke to the sales person who sold me the software and told him that we are returning the software we bought earlier and wanted our money back. We told him that he sold to me an oem version and that I wanted a retail version. He insisted that it was an original copy and we told him that it is an oem version. He called over his supervisor (a short, plum Chinese lady with spectacles) and she also explained that this is the version everyone is selling in Low Yat. We told her again that this is an oem version and that retailers are not suppose to sell this version. The version which they are supposed to sell is the retail version. The supervisor ask us if we knew the difference between the oem and retail version and Mr. Emil said that he knew the difference as he was a PC retailer for corporate clients at Apex Communications Sdn. Bhd.
We continued insisting for a refund and the supervisor said that all goods sold are not returnable. She refused to budge from her stance and even said that she spoke to her boss over the phone and her boss said no. I asked to speak to her boss and she refused to let me do so. A screaming match ensued when she banged the counter with her hand and I continued asking for my money back. She ultimately called security and Mr. Fairullizam [protected]) from Low Yat Plaza Security arrived at the scene. He calmly asked me what was going on and I calmly told him that the sales person sold me a software which the retailer were not supposed to and that I wanted my money back. Mr. Fairullizam then radioed his colleagues and told them that it was ok and he could handle the situation. He said that he could not force the retailer (sales supervisor, in this case) to return the money and that it was at the retailer’s hands to do so. Mr. Fairullizam asked the sales supervisor if she could return the money and she sternly said no. He then advised me that if I was still not satisfied, the only thing now to do is to make a police report. I told him that I would do so. He took down my name and mobile number for his report and I did the same too. We left Low Yat Plaza thereafter. However, I have not made a police report yet.

Not being satisfied, Mr. Emil called up Microsoft Malaysia the next day (29th December 2008) and relayed to them the incident which happened. He spoke to Mr. Marlin from Microsoft and he said that they are aware of this problem but they are not doing anything about it as it was not a piracy case. This is because an oem version is technically an original software. Mr. Emil then asked why the double standards in policy for piracy and sofrware licenses. Mr. Emil pointed out that it is stated in the Microsoft website that an oem version cannot be sold by retailers and that it should be sold with a new PC. Only the retail version is allowed. Mr. Marlin then said that he would check with his supervisors and get back to Mr. Emil. Till today, no call-backs were ever received from Microsoft pertaining to this matter.

My grouse with this matter is the double standards practices by the so called authorities (Microsoft) when it is clearly stated in their website that the oem version cannot be sold by retailers. What is being done to right this issue? I know for a fact that there is nothing much I could do to educate the retailers at Low Yat Plaza on customer service. In the end, the customer is the one who suffers. Was it wrong for me to ask for my money back when I found out that the software I bought was not the one I wanted? I only wanted a software where I could use for a period of time and not be bound by the lifespan of the PC’s hardware. One thing is for sure, I will never ever buy any IT hardware or software from Low Yat Plaza. It is just not worth it.

I still have the original receipt of purchase from Prestige IT Distribution Sdn Bhd and did not open the software pack. It is still in the same condition when I bought it. Please advise me on how to go about getting my money back?

Thank you.

Regards,

Amarjit Singh Dorka
Mobile: [protected]

Details of the retailer:
Name of Company: Prestige IT Distribution Sdn Bhd
Address: Lot 2.50 & 2.51, 2nd Floor, Plaza Low Yat, No. 7, Jalan 1/77, Off Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: [protected] / [protected]
Website: www.pitb.com.my
Email: [protected]@pitb.com.my

• To
    Toni Ann Sep 17, 2008

Purchased the Security Program to protect my computer from threats and viruses, can't access the program with the password provided and computer is crashing

Hezakiah Jan 11, 2009

Yep, you're kind of stuck on this one since OEM are only supposed to be with a new computer .If the disk was still in the package, it would have clearly printed on it, "Not for Retail Sale".If your comp was originally supposed to have XP on it, then it won't be a problem to install. Back up EVERYTHING onto CD disk you want to save, then format the hard drive.Install XP. If your comp was orinally made to take it, it will install.If not, it's back to Windows 98 or whatever you were using.OEM disks are not update disks.

jordo_6 Feb 20, 2009

as much as they say it only works on one computer.

you can still install it on another computer, try to activate, not succeed, activate by phone and say you're doing a system repair and there you go, its activated again.

as for only new pc

you can get away with buying it with a computer component such as a mouse etc

• Mr
    Mr_Wiseone Oct 29, 2010

Because I have an OEM in my windows number, Microsoft technical support would not help me download windows media player 11. The only information needed to download windows player 11. was...where was the validation tool numbers saved to?

She did not know that the validation numbers are found in the simple "download" file. She sent me to IBM because I have an OEM disk. They couldn't help and they sent me to Lenovo which only does hardware.

Therefore my quest to download windows media 11 proves Microsoft tech support doesn't work. Google videos are more helpful. Somebody at Microsoft should be fired. Support wanted me to pay $59 for their bad program direction...not in my lifetime.

SavedMe Aug 23, 2012

I bought my OEM copy at Tveak.com. I have have no complaints since it's a genuine copy and I got it for only $59.99. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Anyway, here is a link: http://www.tveak.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=559_568&products_id=80283&zenid=4b053f7a8c864cda1661a7e721613560

faulty console

i purchased my xbox 2 years ago, within months it had to be sent back because of faults. the product was purchased in november and just months later when i phoned xbox (infamous) customer support i was informed that i had an older model that was likely to have faults. so when did this new model get released with no faults i asked? 6 months ago was the reply. so why on earth had i been able to buy an xbox, that knowingly had faults by the manufacturer, 3 months after the issue of new consoles? now to cut a long story short my box has been for repair 3 times since i owned it and now im convinced the new xbox dashboard update has finally finished this decrepid console. So iask, why should i have to pay to have a product repaired that never functioned properly in the first place? BILL GATES sort your house out or there will be an mass exodus to PLAYSTATION - Call Of Duty 4 kept millions hooked but you dont have a game like that anymore and will struggle to emulate it. oh! and 1 last thing mister GATES i would like to refresh your memory with a quote from your own lips "Playstation could sell a box of bricks and people would still buy it" now that sounds like the pot calling the kettle black or a renaming of your own brand to XBRICKS!

on line phishing for personal information/fraud

This was sent to my inbox three times at the same time: 12-29-2008

BOGUS!!!(isnt Microsoft a corporation not an Incorporation?)

Dear Winner.

Compliment of the season,
This is Mrs. Rose Raul your claims agent from the Microsoft Lottery Board i
have deposited your winning cheque of 500, 000, 00GBP for delivery since the
bank and has refused to contact you for delivery, I have left for Africa
(Nigeria) for some seminar so i have deposited a Confirmable Bank Draft
500, 000, 00GBP with the Ups Courier Plc for delivery i have also paid for
delivery. I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your
Confirmable Bank Draft of 500, 000, 00GBP, but I did not hear from you since

POSTAL ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
COUNTRY:

As soon as possible to know when they will deliver your package to you
because of the expiring date. For your information, I have paid for the
delivering Charge,
Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque showing that it
is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country.

The only money you will send to the UPS COURIER SERVICE to deliver your
Draft direct to your postal Address in your country is (60 Pounds) only,
being Security Keeping Fee of the Courier Company so far.

Again, don't be deceived by any body to pay any other money except (60
Pounds). I would have paid that but they said no because they don't know
when you
will contact them and in case of demurrage. You have to contact the UPS
COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your Draft with this information
bellow;

Contact Person: Mr. Clement Peter
Manager UPS COURIER SERVICE Nigeria
Email Address: ups.[protected]@live.com
Tel/FAX: +[protected]

Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address and Direct
telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery and ask
them to give you the tracking number to enable you track package over there
and know when it will get to your address. Let me repeat again, try to
contact them as soon as you
receive this mail to avoid any further delay and remember to pay them their
Security Keeping fee of (60.Pounds) for their immediate action. You should
also let
me know through email as soon as you receive your Draft.

NOTE: Dont contact the Ups Courier if you know you are not ready to claim
your Confirmable Bank Draft of 500, 000, 00GBP.

Yours Faithfully

Frederick Johns Apr 15, 2009

Yesterday I've got this:

This is Mr.Fisher Kelton from the Microsoft Lottery Board i have
    depositedyour winning cheque of 550, 000, 00GBP for delivery since the
    bank and courier has refused to contact you for delivery, I have left
    for Africa(Nigeria) for some seminar so i have deposited a Confirmable
    Bank Draft 550, 000, 00GBP with the FedEx Courier Plc for delivery i have
    also paid for delivery. What you have to do now is to contact the FedEx
    COURIER SERVICE as soon as possible to know when they will deliver your
    package to you For your information, I have paid for the delivering
    Charge, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque
    showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist
    attack in your Country.The only money you will send to the FedEx
    COURIER SERVICE to deliver your Draft direct to your postal Address in
    your country is (£60.GBP) Dollars only.B eing Security Keeping Fee of
    the Courier Company so far.

Again, don't be deceived by any body to pay any other money except
    60.00GBP.I would have paid that but they said no because they don't
    know when youwill contact them and in case of demurrage. You have to
    contact the FedEx COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your
    Draft with this information bellow;

Contact Person: Mr Akeem Machello
    Manager FedEx COURIER SERVICE Nigeria
    EmailAddress: [email protected]
    Tel: +234-80-5267-6084

Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address and Direct
    telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery and
    askthem to give you the tracking number to enable you track package
    over thereand know when it will get to your address.Let me repeat
    again, try to contact them as soon as you receive this mail to
    avoid any further delay and remember to pay them their Security Keeping
    feeof £60.GBP for their immediate action.You should also let me know
    through email as soon as you receive your Draft.

NOTE: Do not contact the FedEx Courier if you know you are not ready to
    pay the £60.GBP And claim
    your Confirmable Bank Draft of 550, 000, 00GBP.

Yours Faithfully
    Mr. Fisher Kelton
    Microsoft Incorporation

joeblow Apr 15, 2009

lmao! fed ex using a yahoo email addy

• Sr
    srg7 Mar 10, 2011

I have received the email whose picture is attached please investigate

Anatolij Kosyanchuk Mar 11, 2011

Уважаемые господа! Я получил извещение по электронной почте, что компания FACEBOOK наградила меня денежным призом в размере 100 тысяч фунтов стерлингов. После этого ко мне начали приходить электронные письма из фирмы DHL Express Post. Господа из этой фирмы предлагали оплатить заранее 349 фунтов стерлингов за услуги в доставке моего приза. Все это похоже на мошенничество. Прошу помочь выяснить, имеют ли они право требовать от меня оплату вперед (заранее).
    С уважением, Анатолий Косянчук, г. Львов, Украина

xbox 360 controller

I purchased a XBox 360 system, a wireless controller and some games on christmas Eve from Maestro at the Blockbuster in Edgewood, Maryalnd. The disappointment was the extra controller did not work. I called on Christmas and told to call come in on the 26th and see the Manger Paul Perry. The person I spoke with said that I could bring the controller and my receipt and they should exchange if one is available or order from a neighboring store. when I took the item back I was told by Maestro they could not help me. I would have to go directly to the manufacturer. This was unacceptable and the policy of not doing an exchange was unacceptable. Paul was there and said they did not have a controller on hand. I informed them both that I was told they could oreder from another store. Maestro insisted that they would not and could do this. Paul then said to call another store. He said this three times before Maestro responded. She called the store in Belair and they agreed to exchange the product with no trouble.
Why could the store in Edgewood be as compliant?

charging without my permission

I used to love my Xbox live, however for finanicial reasons I cancelled my internet and just let my annual xbox live subscription run out. Big mistake!

When my annual subscription ran out Microsoft, already having my credit card number from an online game purchase, decided to change my account to a monthly subscription and charge me $8 a month.

When I found out about this I called them to request last month's charge to be credited only to find out they have been doing this for 7 months! They of course gave me the standard Indian (not that there's anything wrong with that) Customer Service response of "We are sorry but policy says we cannot credit this." I explained to them that I had never authorized them to switch to monthly and that charging someone without permission and refusing to refund is called stealing. The rep agreed with me but said he couldn't do anything about it. After some pushing I finally got a supervisor, who promptly hung up on me. Not because I was rude (I wasn't, I'm in CS and I make it a point to be firm but nice), he just said hello and then the line went deadn. I then called back and got another supervisor.

This supervison now magically pulled evidence out of her butt that I had authorized this and also stated that they had sent me emails, which of course I didn't get because I don't have internet. There was no way I could contradict what she was saying because what proof do I have that I never pushed ok when she's saying I did. I then said
"That is categorically untrue but I have no way to contradict you. I am willing to accept that you are going to keep my money for services which I never authorized or used, however we both can see that the money you charged me yesterday was a mistake, and since I am cancelling it now you need to refund that money instead of charging me for yesterday and the next 29 days of service which I am obviously not using."

Nothing. Nada.

I even tried pulling the old "I'm going to waste more than $8 dollars of your time complaining so you might as well give me the money" with no luck.

Finally I just said "I have no way to punish you except withholding my future business, which I intend to do, so thank you for being courteous please never use my credit card again or contact me for any services" and said goodbye.

By the way, their only reasoning for this blatent theft was that the terms of service allow them to, well guess what they put out new terms of service in September and I've never agreed to them!

Boo Microsoft Boo. I may never get that $8 back but you'll lose it for all the customers I convince to switch to Mac.

Sonnysmacks2 Jun 26, 2009

They have just done this to me as well. I called them last night to ask why I was being charged 19.99 for services not asked for nor rendered. No intelligent response followed, only ramblings of a man who was desperately trying to do the same old song and dance. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who informed me of the same ramblings as the previous numb skull had, then asked to speak to his supervisor, to which I was told that wasn't possible. I informed them that I would be going to my bank and filing fraud charges with the local police department. I spoke to my bank today, and as soon as I file dispute on the charges I will be following up with the police. I refuse to let someone steal from me and my family. Not only did they take my money without asking, but they had the audacity to talk to me like I am a complete idiot.

• Ju
    Juan7 Apr 20, 2010

* bucks dude? they just charged me 70 bucks for an annual renewal i never fuking agreed to. im taking this to the max.

• Dr
    Dragonfin Jun 16, 2010

Same thing happened to me, they charged my card for one month service. I no longer used that bank so it was denied and when I updated my info and paid for another two months they refused to remove the $7.xx for the month that I already paid for on my other card.

I talked to a supervisor, and he, without my permission. Switched the $7.xx balance on my other card to my updated card while I was on the phone with him WITHOUT my permission. I told him that and he promptly started saying "IF you have no further questions, have a nice day" and hung up.

He said that the switch was automatic when a new card is added, which is bull since didn't happen when I put that newer card on there.. TWO months before. He manually did it without my permission. So now I've been charged for one month twice and he said its in their TOS.

Needless to say I'm going to my bank tomorrow when they open.

• Bi
    Bilbo boo Jun 15, 2011

Just did it to me & I never got the supervisors last name his first name was Jay though & would not give me his bosses name. Utter BS. I don't even own an Xbox just got it for my pal. Again terms of service, my Bank also said that they could not dispute charges due to the fact that I agreed to the TOS.

• Ju
    JustMe1991 Jun 18, 2011

Man, this is like a disease!! Once you let them in the house, you are at their mercy!! I have a MAC and only bought this P-O-S Microsoft for my sons. Is Microsoft that powerful that they can steal whatever they want without consequences? Seems like a class-action lawsuit needs to be filed...

intrupted services.

I have had x-box live for almost 3 years. I have been using the same debit card for both of my accounts. Every once in a while the card will quit working for my accounts and I will have to go on thier website and update my information (re-type it in) and they usually start working agian. About a week ago one of my accounts was suspened. I called xbox support and they told me that my bank was not letting them charge my account. The next day I called my bank and they said they had no reason as to why microsoft couldn't charge my account, infact, they were doing test charges on my account that were working (withdrawing $1 from the account and putting it back in). I called xbox support back and told them they were recieving the test charges and that there should be no problem withdrawing the money. The support people continued to say that they could not get the money out and that I should contact my bank again... well this went on for about 2 hours. Called my bank about 4 times and Xbox support around 6 times. Now my other account is having the same problem and there is nothing that the support peeps up in India can do to help me. I have gone through all of my information and matched it up perfectly with my bank and all Xbox support can say is that it's my banks fault. I wish they would quit reading from their books, giving me the same step by step process they do every phone call, and hire someone who can run that computer and get my accounts working. Oh, and get this. They asked if I had any funds in my account. I told them I had about $300 in there and they could have it if they get my accounts to work again. No luck...

You can E-mail me @ [protected]@yahoo

• D9
    d9860 Feb 16, 2009

Microsoft has used XBOX Live to perpetuate the most unethical bleeding of customers in ways that should be illegal. I ordered 12 months service on Dec 25 of 2007 paid by credit card and the account set to expire on Dec 25, 2008. One week before the expiration my son applied a thirteen month prepaid card to the account. A week later Microsoft automatically attempted to renew the original credit card again for another year. Earlier in the year, I canceled the credit card so the automatic renewal transaction failed. Even though there was a prepaid card credit on the account good for the next 13 months, they interrupted service and refused to turn the account on unless we paid another year by credit card. Their argument is that the credit card account renews unless we cancel it even though there was an existing credit on the account and that there is no way to fix it. Imagine that...the biggest manufacturer of hardware and software in the world. can control our xbox account remotely with the most sophisticated software yet they cannot seem to understand that a credit is a credit. The supervisor who I spoke with actually had the audacity to tell me that the money I spent for the prepaid card and the money that would come from the credit card were somehow actually not the same kind of money? So in the magical mystery world of Microsoft - (unlike my $100 dollar version of Quickbooks) they cannot actually administer an account or apply a credit or eliminate an incomplete transaction...but they can turn it back on in seconds with a credit card number. This is the kind of thing that is just bad business and stinks...and with things the way they are in the economy today...just un-American.

• Ro
    RoxasNomura Jun 18, 2009

Hello, I am having the same problem, but do you know how long it took for them to put those $1 amounts back into your account?

If you read this anytime soon, Email me at, [email protected]

microsoft window management board

Are: You: Aware? Did You Receive it?Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:40 AM
From: "Kathrine Hardoy (Secretary)" <Kathrine.[protected]@microsoft.com>Add sender to Contacts To: undisclosed-recipientsWe are pleased to notify you of the Microsoft Windows Mega Jackpot (E-MAIL) Sweepstakes result. Please; confirm if you received our previous message with;

E-ticket number: [protected] 876,
Category: 1st,
Draw: 6756,
Match: 5 plus bonus
Amount: Ј5, 500, 000.00 "Equivalent"($10, 464, 000)

You may wish to establish contact with the Microsoft Windows Management Board via the e-mail address below with the information's necessary: Name:, Address:, Phone:, Cell Phone:, Email:, Alternative Email:, Occupation:, and Position:

Microsoft Windows Management Board
Tel: +[protected] Ext; 1000
Fax: +[protected]
E-Mail: micros.[protected]@live.co.uk

NOTE: You are expected to contact the Management board for details of claims.

Mrs. Kathrine Hardoy
Microsoft Management Board, Copyright © [protected]
ReplyReply All Move...

• Ba
    barb gardner Dec 17, 2008

I get email like this all the time. I read them but do not open them. If yu need to call because you are curious use a pay phone or cell phone. Calling on a landline may run your phone bill sky high. If it sounds to go to be true it is not true. I just ge so many. I wonder how or who is giving out my email address for these scams. I would like to know what to do to stop them. I would think that microsoft windows would be mad about these emails being sent in their name.

• Wo
    womandawn Dec 25, 2008

I too received a letter like this via e-mail. I returned an e-mail telling them that they are a scam and if they had my real name (which they did) that they should not have a problem getting my address or telephone number, which they had claimed that was the reason that the check they sent was returned to them and that to get the check I needed to send them an amount of around $567. Then they responded with this letter:

Compliment of the Season, We truly understand how you feel, most especially due to the increase in the rate of internet fraud, yes, it call for scepticisms, but we want to give you the assurance that everything is alright. You will not be required to pay anymore charges this will assure you. We understand you did not purchase any ticket from the start but truly we are doing this as a new invention and we do not want to record default. We want to promote the strong use of the E-mail.

Yes, we are suppose to take care of this charge, but to be sincere with you, the mistake came from us, and all we calculated was the Ј25, million pounds, Ј5.5, million pounds each for each winner. We are new to this so we were not aware of what to go through. We understand Ignorance is not an excuse, but, take my words. This award is real, I feel bad when I see it going other wise. It is none of my duties to be telling you this, but yesterday Night; I had a dream and that dream keep telling me to plead with you to understand.

I am a Christian, 41 years old with 3 kids, I have worked with Microsoft for 21 year and 8 days today, trust me I will not deceive and my dreams do not lie. I do not want you to regret this. I know if you claim these award we all will all be happy, and my family and I could come visit you. I know we have not met before neither have we had any business in the past; I want you to give me the benefit of doubt and claim this award. I do not pray that you have any problem, but if you have any I will personally pay what you paid.

I know this question will come from you, "why not pay for me" The fact is this, as Microsoft employees we are not allowed to do so trust me. I pray I do not get sacked for what I am doing now, but I have to fulfil what I saw in my dreams. So many people will tell you it is a fraud, trust me there are so many fraud out there, Microsoft Promo Imposters claiming to be working with Microsoft, this are all lies. But this is the only promo we have ever had and this is the first one. I want you to give me a benefit of doubt and have a re-think. If you do not claim these award before 10th January the funds would be authorized and be shared among all the charity homes here, and this promo will never come up again.

Three out of the five selected winners already has their prizes, though they are from a Middle class home so they could afford the charges. You might call Microsoft USA and they will tell you they have nothing to do with any promo, yes, because, it was what we agreed on. This Promo is all about promoting "E-MAILS" and not to promote mobile phones. I know you want something more than words; maybe documents or something like a letter of guarantee, I can not do more than I have done. I do not want to get into trouble. The truth remains that I will enjoy my Xmas very well now and my heart will be free because I have told you. I do not have much to tell you now, but if I have I will contact you.

If you are not free to send the funds to our account officer you can as well send it to my name, make sure you fax all payment receipt to our office and also send the information's. FedEx would be better if I must choose for you stick to it. Once again I give you my words, please, take my words and do not loose this opportunity, if you do not want it then claim it and give it to the poor, God will bless you more trust me. I will be more than happy to see that you have claimed your award. Another problem about this promo is that it is not an open promotion; it will come up on TV and other news paper once all claims are completed. I am not supposed to tell you all this but if it will make you happy and make you have a re-think. These are the company’s secretes I am not to disclose. Sorry my grammar might not be too good, I am Spanish by birth but British national. Thanks for your understanding I wish you the best this season. Please, tell member of your family to drive slowing and He
    or she should not drink an

If you need to chat with me then add me up on your yahoo chat (kathrine.hardoy) I hope to chat with you soon. Do have a re-think. To succeed in life there are some decisions you take they might look risky but sometimes they come out good trust me, this is no financial risk.

Senior Secretary,

Mrs. Kathrine Hardoy
    27/32 Poultry road,
    City: London, Zip: EC2P 2BY England.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Microsoft, United Kingdom.
    © 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

this has got to be a scam!!!please dont fall for this and send them money. I am going to e-mail them again and tell them what low-life people they are and that they should get a real job.

• Da
    Dave Lee Field Feb 03, 2009

I had same e mail and same doubts, has to be a scam, they slipped up on one thing though, there is no such address in london england and england does not have zip codes but post codes I'm from London and I know london well

• Un
    Unluckey Oct 05, 2009

Yes I wish I knew about this web site before I payed out a portion of the funds requested.
    That was my gambling money for this year. So I won't be playing Lottery's or the race track or Casino.
    Out of luck

• Th
    The jappy Oct 10, 2009

I had same email but now they are using the name Ms, Matha Branz in Microsoft. Microsoft should do something about this..

xbox live gamertag issue

I have been an Xbox live customer since 2005. I recently bought an Xbox 360 and attempted to Link my Gamertag and account to the new Xbox.
I received an error and called Xbox live support. I was told that my Gamertag was already linked, not to an email adress, but just my Gamertag. I was told this is due to my account being from the original Xbox.

Xbox Live support cannot fix this issue and it has been ongoing for over 15days. The issue has been escalated to over 4 different manager/supervisors who have all offered to call me back if there is an update or not and all four managers have failed to call me back. All they tell me everytime I call back is to call back in a few days to see if an update is available. Last time I called, it took 15 minutes ti get to a manager who gave me no information, then could not even help me in making a complaint regarding the actions, or should I say inaction of the previous managers. I find it hard to beleive that Xbox Live Support does not have a Centre Manager. I have worked in call centres for over 8 years and every centre had a Centre Manager. Must be a Microsoft thing to take no responsibility for your company or workers actions.

Completely pathetic. They cannot add, update or delete any of the information of a customers acct. Ridiculous. Now I have to wait indefinitely until Microsoft get off there lazy behinds and fix this pathetic issue.
In short, buy a Wii or a Playstation 3. Even an Atari 2600. You`ll have less hassles and I bet those companies at least appear to respect their customers.

PS My final gripe. To any who read this and have worked in service industries or call centres. Would you beleive an Xbox Live manager called Drew(female) even had the nerve to advise me to call back for an update from time to time. From TIME TO TIME. How long is that? Every week, couple of weeks, or even months? As I wrote earlier, I have worked in Call Centre`s for 8 years and I would never give a customer a response like Xbox Live support. COMPLETELY PATHETIC...

• Di
    diana glines May 09, 2009

To Xbox live enforcement team….whoever you are
    I am writing in regards to an unfair suspension. My son’s account ( he is 12 years old) was suspended for 2 days because he had inappropriate words in his bio. I agree with that. After 2 days he was reinstated and his entire bio/motto etc was deleted. The next day after reinstatement, he got suspended again for one week this time. He did not even play online in between suspensions.He plays in the living room and I am always at home so I can monitor what he says. He is not cursing.
    In the email that I received it said “due to inappropriate content found in his bio”…which is totally inaccurate (his bio was entirely deleted by xbox team). This shows that this is a totally automated system that randomly suspends accounts.I don’t know who files complains against him and how this works. Nobody can help me and xbox customer service sucks. You have to wait one hour to talk to someone and then you get a person that barely speaks English or with such a horrible accent that you don’t understand a word.
    My son complained to me many times that when he plays online and wins, some people get upset and kick him out of the game or, even worse, report him. Or when he joins some groups and gets killed in the game, the players get upset also and kick him out. This so called policy of xbox live is not good. And about inappropriate words…give me a break…they all curse like crazy..I can hear them and to be honest…look at Microsoft games, the characters curse and swear at each other in all their games, look at the violence that Microsoft promotes! So give me break about inappropriate content.
    I am fed up with microsoft and their policies and their ineffective customer service. Nobody can explain to me what are they doing. So I am going to sell the xbox360 and all the games and accessories (thousand of dollars) and buy a PS3, which is great. With Sony you don’t have to deal with Microsoft. And to microsoft xbox live enforcement team, you are doing a terrible job…read the forums and hear the people’s frustration…we spent a lot of money for something that we can’t have? Access to xbox live? Give me a break!! Microsoft…who do you think you are? How can you suspend an account that I AM PAYING FOR? And nobody can actually tell me exactly why the account is suspended?
    [email protected]
    May 8, 2009

• Co
    concubine.christ. May 31, 2009

i hate the xbox live enforcement team there just fat ### who fear originality and id totaly beatdown your son in the game universe but i dont want a futristic door stop (known as the ps3) so your sons rep is safe

sincerly

concubine.christ.

• Yo
    YoungFresh Jul 31, 2009

xbox live enforcement team is just a bunch of little bi*ches. seriously igot banned for trash talking. 1. i usually play by myself & 2. i hardly even use my mic soo
    screw this im gettin a ps3 next week

• Th
    the dog Oct 28, 2009

Banned for my motto.

"Effin right doggie"

I've been playing with said motto for over 3 years. Someone must have gotten butthurt when I was annihilating them last night in CoD. I agree M$ uses automation for this crap, any live person would have laughed that complaint off.

Way it goes: Get enough people to complain and the person MUST be in violation. Fail.

• Sl
    Slaughtercell Mar 04, 2010

Xbox live enforcement team you are bullies. I had xbox live longer then most of them 8+ years . I got suspended for my motto that i had for over 4 years. My gamer tag is PoisonScorpion the same name on the 1st xbox live... soo enforcement team tell me the truth did i beat you in halo or was it call of duty. I cant play live for a day soo i wrote you a love letter. if it wasn't for the good online and me being soo good at it i would have real friends by now LOL. Microsoft should make a Rated M gamer tag. I dont hate xbox im thier fan and want to work for them. I also got ban from earning halo xp for 2 weeks do you guys not want me to play xbox or something? i guess i will use one of my other accounts for now. my motto was smackem ownem rapem and it was like that for 4 years it sounded cool and thats 3 things i would had done to the enforcement team... can they suspended for this post... im scared!!!. they should of took my motto out not suspended me. I got my language is from xbox you can even tell my family.

• Zo
    ZombePride May 05, 2010

My motto was nut up or shut up!!!
    Maybe someone was mad because i'm not that great at COD:MW2, or maybe they don't like a word in my motto??? Anyways i been using that for like 2 months and no one mind (must like the movie Zombieland). This is ### and i don't care about changing my motto, a warning would have been nice Xbox live enforcement team. I totally agree with the other complaints and i don't want to beat around the bush (just want to play games with friends). So If they start to get any more bugs up their ### and saylike my gamer tag is inappropriate, i'll quit with them and stick with Sony. If you care about your customers, then communicate with them or otherwise step down.

cancellation hassles

My wife received email that son's 12 month Xbox Live supscription would automatically be renewed in...

illegal credit card charges

In July 2008 my son signed up for Xbox Live using my debit card without my permission. i called support and cancelled, but still received charges for months after. I called every month to complain and eventually they said they would mark the account so my son could never sign up using a credit card again.

Guess what, In November 2008 my card starts being charged again. My son had not used the card this time, but had instead signed up using a "free month coupon" he received in a game purchase. BUT, Xbox started charging the same card on his account, the same account they knew darn well had been charged illegally before.

Watch out Xbox Live members. Even if you cancel, you may see the charges start up again months later.

BEWARE OF XBOX, they are ripping people off and illegally charging credit cards.

sonof god Jul 01, 2013

me too i feel powerless and cheated hex from good game said " such a great time to be a gamer " well not unless you sell your soul to Microsoft they just seem not to car about good old fashioned family values example MAXIM AS A APP, FABLE AS FREE GAME RATED MATURE WITH STRONG HOMOSEXUAL AND SEXUAL THEMES THERE'S EVEN A ACHIEVEMENT FOR KILLING THOSE YOU LOVE IN THE GAME, NON SERVICE I FEEL THEY ARE JUST MOCKING ME AND IF YOU SAW E3 JUST LOOK AT THE BODY LANGUAGE OF THE MICROSOFT REPS THEY WERE NERVOUS AS THAT'S IN MY OPINION A REFLECTION ON THE LADDER CLIMBING DEPRAVED CULTURE AT MICROSOFT XBOX AND IT SEEMS THERE ALLOWING HACKERS IN THE PASS CODE WHY NO UTILIZE ALL THE CONTROLLER BUTTONS, IF I FORGET I CAN GUESS MY PASS CODE THROUGH A PROCESS OF ELIMINATION XBOX ARE EVIL

sonof god Jul 01, 2013

ITS A HOPELESS BATTLE JUST WAIT FOR THE RAPTURE DOWN WITH XBOX

• La
    Lazypages Jul 08, 2013

get one of your old cards and put it as a current payment option that should solve your problem i had the same thing happen too me.

disc not being read

My xbox 360 has already beeb repaired for the notorious "red ring, " now it has another problem: not reading the disc, it will continously eject the disc. It does not read it, just keeps ejecting. I have callwd microsoft customer service, and they were of no help telling me that the xbox extended warranty does not cover the disc drive. What BS is that. After a talk with a foreigner, still microsoft is not going to repair the drive. This is completely unacceptable. I will never, ever, purchase anything from microsoft again. Do Not Buy an xbox 360.

• St
    steph Feb 17, 2009

just had the same phone call with ms only a month out of warranty, and have seen numerous complaints, on xbox live and other forums still xbox not willing to see that the fault is theres the same as the red ring. and what are we to do nothing coz they wont help and have to much money for the little people to do any thing about it!
    it will cost me £82.00 to send it of?
    i might as well buy a new one !

charged my account without authorization

I agreed to a charge of 4. 95 which they charge but also charged to my bank account $49. 95 which were...

microsoft award promo

Gud day! I hav doubts on the email i've got from microsoft co. (Not sure yet).. Is this true or not? Kindly help because I am also considering this as blessings from above.. If this is true.. Tnx. This is how the email goes;

Microsoft promo draw.
Government accredited licensed!!
Microsoft promotion
Is registered under the data protection act of;
(Registration z720633x).

Microsoft promo
P o box 1010
Liverpool, l70 1nl
United kingdom
Ref:l/[protected]
Batch: 074/05/zy369

Dear winner,

As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 125, 600 websites on the internet. Each email address was attached to a ticket number [protected]. Your email address was selected as one of the winners and you have been approved to claim the won prize of 750, 000pound sterling.

I have forwarded your case file pertaining to your payment to mr. Parmar jackson (Head of trans express company) to despatch your winnings fund to you without any delay here is the contact details of the company.

Trans express company
Mr. Parmar jackson (Despatch officer)
Telephone :+ [protected]
[protected]
Fax: + [protected]
Service e-mail:[protected]@yahoo.co. Uk

You are adviced to send to them the details below for delivery confirmation. When contacting them, you are to include this delivery order:k/l757252 as your subject. Please you are advised to write down the order number and save it.

1. Full name of the beneficiary:
7. Cell phone:

Best regards,
Mr. Hitesh william
Claims/fiduciary agent
For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned!!!

Copyright [protected] the microsoft promo inc.

[protected]@jmail.co. Za

• Mi
    minal Nov 27, 2008

i have also received a similar email. i am not sure if this is true or a scam. if u have any information on the same, kindly let me know...

• Al
    Allan Conrad Feb 09, 2009

How come Microsoft allows this?

MICROSOFT PROMO DRAW.

UNITED KINGDOM
    Ref:L/200-26937
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369

Dear Allan Conrad.

This is to inform you that we have reviewed and accepted your completed fund release form, based on this your prize money shall be remitted to you accordingly. As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 125, 600 websites on the internet. Each email address was attached to a ticket number 8603775966 . Your email address was selected as one of the winners and you have been approved to claim the won prize of 750, 000pound sterling from the Microsoft Promo .

I have forwarded your case file pertaining to your payment to Mr. Parmar Jackson (Head of Trans Express Company) to despatch your winnings fund to you without any delay Here is the contact details of the Company.

Trans Express Company
    Mr. Parmar Jackson (Despatch Officer)
    Telephone : +(44) 703 197 2530 (44) 703...Fax: +(44) 870 478 3926
    Service E-mail:[email protected]

You are adviced to send to them the details below for delivery confirmation. When contacting them, you are to include this Delivery order:K/L757252 as your subject. Please you are advised to write down the order number and save it.

1.Full Name of the Beneficiary:

7.Cell Phone:

Best regards,
    Mr. Hitesh William
    Claims/Fiduciary Agent

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned !!!

Copyright 1996-2008 The Microsoft Promo Inc.

Mr.Rober.T.Wood
    FBI UK Internet Fraud Watch/Alert

We the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Has discovered through our intelligence Monitoring Network some hours ago, that you have an on going transaction with the MICROSOFT PROMO as the Beneficiary of the said CHECK(£ 750, 000.00 GBP) confirmed on a certified Cashier's check.

So the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) Washington DC, in conjunction with the Scotland Yard, Has screened through our various Monitoring Networks and has been confirmed and notified that the transaction you have with the MICROSOFT PROMO is Legal and you have the Lawful Right to claim your due Prize of a CHECK (£ 750, 000.00 GBP).

We advise you to go ahead with them as we are monitoring all their services and network. Be advised that any letter or lottery Notification received from anybody or company should be forwarded to us with immediate effect. The UK Government has spent over 1.7 million pounds to make sure these scammers are brought before the law. They are still ready to spend more to make sure they are brought before the law.

Meanwhile, you are advised to follow the procedure of the Notification Department(MICROSOFT PROMO ). They have their own legal procedure which we have examined and confirmed legal. Follow their instructions while you keep us updated for more details. We also confirmed through our monitoring unit that your winning Bank Draft of 750, 000GBP has been forwarded to the TRANS EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY to be despatch to your destination and we advise you to make contact with them about the delivery update as we are monitoring each step about the delivery update.

Please, be advised and be aware that your funds had been insured and the necessary charges would be taken care of by you for the shipping and after this payment no other payment will be needed, as confirmed by the Monitoring network. For your own good you are advised to confirm any lottery promo you have either involved your self with in the past to enable us trace this scammers. Only this Promotion has been confirmed Legal for this month here in the UK any other are still under investigation, and so many others are scam, most especially from the UK and Europe. And lastly we just confirmed that the Cheque is now set for despatch to your home destination and for that reason it has been examined and confirmed legal and you need to proceed with them and keep us posted as we are monitoring everystep about the delivery.And lastly we are awared that the deadline for claim processing is running up and you need to act fast for claim from the Trans Express Company or it will be return back to the Promo Board and been forfeited.

Mr.Rober.T.Wood

Dodoma
    Tanzania
    email: [email protected]

xbox live

I had canceled Xbox live on the 11/7/08 and was given a ref number that apparently doesn't
mean anything, because when you call back using the ref number they give you another one.
My credit card has been charged on a monthly basis the 19th of each month for 7.99 for xbox live.
My son hasn't used xbox live for months so I canceled on 11/7/08 given a ref number and my card was charged
on 11/10/08 for 7.99 after I canceled. When I called back using my ref number and told them what happened
and how could they charge my credit card after canceling and charging it on the 10th instead of the 19th as they had did
every month before. I was told that this was the last charge and that my credit card company posted early and they
would not refund my 7.99. You know they just had to charge me one last time, apparently Microsoft doesn't make
enough money so they need to figure out other ways of getting it. Do you really think that it would kill them to do the correct
thing and refund my 7.99, being they were in the wrong not me.

-Kimberly

• Ki
    Kimberly Mays Nov 22, 2008

thing and refund my 7.99, being they were in the wrong not me.

-Kimberly

• Ro
    roadiepat Mar 03, 2009

same thing happens to everyone! its happens to me.. my brother in law.. you can find countless of times over the net where this happens to many many people.. Microsoft don't give a damn..

• Vi
    vilay k Sep 18, 2009

You are right ..

• Qu
    Queenie Puryear Sep 18, 2010

Don't ever use a credit card to pay for xbox live access. The company will continue to charge your card as "automatic renewal" without your permission, authorization or knowledge. When they did this to me I called to get the charge removed. After an hour on the phone they refused to refund the money. When I asked for a supervisor, they said one would return my call. When no call came, I called the number they had given me, which I had asked for, knowing they wouln't call. Guess what. Not a working number. You would think billions of dollars in profits would be enough. Why resort to unethical and criminal business practices. Be careful when dealing with Microsoft. Better yet - don't deal with them at all.

fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts

I have been getting billed for charges from this merchant since September 2008, first on my credit cards then...

microsoft corporations sweepstakes <[protected]@microsoft.com>

Dear Sir/ Madam,

The prestigious Microsoft and AOL has set out and successfully organized
a Sweepstakes marking the year 2008 anniversary we rolled out over US$
400, 419, 864 for our Year-end Anniversary Draws. Participants for the
draws were randomly selected and drawn from a wide range of web hosts
which we enjoy their patronage.

The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching
personalized email addresses to ticket numbers. If you ignore this
message, you will defiantly regret it later. Microsoft and AOL are now
the largest Internet companies & in effort to make sure that Internet
Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are
running an e-mail beta test.

Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to reference and
ticket number [protected] with serial numbers MIC-AOL/8302/08 and
drew the lucky numbers [protected]) which subsequently won you
£ 1, 000, 000 ( One Million Great Britain Pounds) as one of the jackpot
winner in this draw. You have therefore won the entire winning sum of £
1, 000, 000 (One Million Great Britain Pounds) the draws registered as
Draw number one was conducted in Liverpool, UK on the 15th NOVEMBER,
2008. These Draws are commemorative and as such special.

Please be informed by this winning notification to file your claims
immediately. You are advised to make contact to your referred agent who
shall by duty guide you through the process to facilitate the release of
your winning prize. To file for this claims, Please Contact your
referred agent with your verification information as required on the
form below to begin the claims of your winnings funds as conducted by
the lottery company:

We dedicate our special thanks & gratitude to Bill Gates {Now Retired
from Microsoft Corporations} .We wish you the best of luck as you spend
your good fortune in this season.

Note: You have Two (2) weeks from the date of this publication to claim
your prize or you may forfeit your winnings. Thank you for being part of
our commemorative mid-year Anniversary Draws.

Find below your referred agent and the verification form:

Address: 165 Airline Road, Liverpool, UK.
Contact Agent: Mr. Frank Powell

Telephone/Fax...
Winning Email ID...

NOTE: DUE TO FRAUDSTERS, WE HAVE DECIDED TO EFFECT TRANSFER TO YOUR BANK
ACCOUNT ONLY AND WHEN CONTACTING YOUR REFERRED AGENT, DO QUOTE YOUR
TICKET NUMBER AND SERIAL NUMBER FOR SECURITY REASONS.

Desmond Harry
Public Relations Officer
Microsoft Corporations

fraud

I bought the software from earnmicrosoftcash/impact wealth solutions, that came in my eamail address [protected]@yahoo.com, but when I tried to access to the website, for more information, the web page doesn't exist, but they made the charge to my credit card, and i'm trying to cancel, and now I can't, because the [protected]@earnmicrosoftcash.com website doesn't exist either, for me is a fraud. this scam artist also hacked my email and I am also unable to log onto it as well. I have a second email address at [protected]@yahoo.com
Marshall l chatmon

Chauncey R Vaughn Nov 13, 2008

I am not able to connect to the web site, therefore I wish to cancel the order within the 10 day trial.

• Cj
    cjopbnh Nov 17, 2008

I have tried calling, e-mail the fraud on Earn Microsoft Cash and no response, I am still getting money taken away from my credit account and I want this stoped. This company does not exist, and is alful you can't fine anyone to help stop the money being taken out of your account. My credit card company isn't helping either, I have complainted to them twice and they still remove the 49.99 from my account. What a life we live in.

• Le
    Leota Williams Nov 19, 2008

Yes this certainly is fraud as the wefb page does not exist. They got my 1.97 as well. I am very dissapointed!!!

• Do
    Dorothy Nov 19, 2008

This " website" really does NOT exsist. They have debited my checkng acc't 3x for 49.95. I don't know how to stop them. I know I will have to close my acc't in order to make them stop.

• Am
    AmbrosiaTatum Nov 26, 2008

i received an email from someone at that fraudulent business, here is the guys name and email Jared Cook [email protected] Have a good time gripping him out.

Jodie Lewis Nov 28, 2008

I also, authorized my account to be charged on the assumption that I could cancel with in seven days at web site and email provided. The email address is not a valid address and the web site only brings up this complaint site. The email address I was given [email protected]$oftcash.com and the web site of http://my.erarMicro $oftcash.com. I would like to see the person caught and prosecuted for fraud and refund all of us our money back.

ANGELA D HOKE Dec 04, 2008

This is total BS. I have tried contacting them before they even took the 49.99 and no response. Now I see they have taken the money. They have no phone number, the email address doesn't do any good even if it is real. No one will respond. People behind these scams should be put into prison. I have contacted my local police to see if I can have the emails that were sent to me traced. I just don't understand the world today. I hope no one else gets caught up in the scam. Just because it has the word microsoft doesn't mean it is legit.

• Su
    Superman39 Dec 05, 2008

I wrote a huge comment earlier, so you can go search for it if you really care, but two quick comments on posts I read earlier.

"BECAUSE THE [email protected] WEBSITE DOESN'T EXIST EITHER" -ummmm this isn't a web site, it's an email address... that's probably your first problem.

"The email address I was given [email protected]$oftcash.com" -It's actually just [email protected]

I"m writing this because I paid my $1.97 for the kit like everyone else, but when I went to cancel I made sure to document everything (email receipt to show my cancellation request was documented) and then when I sent the cancellation form I sent it certified... Anyway, I was canceled and never paid more than the $1.97. If you document everything and cancel as outlined in the Terms and Conditions, you should be fine.

Rick

• Pa
    Paula Erickson Apr 25, 2009

BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.
    Find out more about Impact Wealth Solutions:
    Additional Information
    Industry Tips
    BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy

BBB Accreditation
    This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Impact Wealth Solutions
    Based on BBB files, Impact Wealth Solutions has a BBB Rating of F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates.
    Number of complaints filed against business.
    Failure to respond to complaints filed against business.
    Number of complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
    BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
    Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings
    The company's website states: "Ziing Energy Risk Free Trial Offer Terms and Conditions:
    Please take a few minutes to read the following as when you purchase the Ziing Energy Risk Free Trial Offer you automatically accept the following terms and conditions. You are ordering the Ziing Energy 14-day risk-free trial offer for $2 shipping and $3.95 handling. If you are not satisfied with your Ziing Energy trial offer, return the unused portion anytime before the end of the 14-day trial period and you will have no further obligation. If you are happy with your Ziing Energy, do nothing and your credit card will be charged an additional $74.95 approximately 14 days after your trial shipment is sent out. That's 25% off the regular price for a 1-month supply of Ziing Energy, normally $99.95 per bottle. In addition, approximately 14 days after you place your trial order for Ziing Energy and about every 30 days thereafter, we will automatically send you a fresh 1-month supply of Ziing Energy. The credit card you provided for initial shipping and handling fees will be billed the Member's Only price of $69.95 plus $5.00 s/h for a total of $74.95 when each new product ships. That's 25% off the regular price for a 1-month supply of Ziing Energy, normally $99.95 per bottle. You may cancel your membership to Ziing Energy at any time by simply emailing customer care at [email protected] You will receive a link to a cancellation form to fill to and send in. However, please be aware that our customers see most noticeable results by using Ziing Energy consistently for a minimum of 3 months. If you are not fully satisfied with future shipments of Ziing Energy, you may return any unopened containers of Ziing Energy within 10 days of receipt for a full refund less the $5.95 s/h charge and a 15% restocking fee."

Business Contact and Profile for Impact Wealth Solutions

abbeycameo.com/2pgw221wxnayvwa
    Principal: Mr Jared Cook
    Customer Contact: Mr Jared Cook - (866) 519-5308
    File Open Date: September 2008
    TOB Classification: Internet Marketers, Health Diet Retailers, Scientifically Unproven Health & Medical Product Providers, Vitamin Supplement Suppliers, Work At Home Companies
    BBB Accreditation: Impact Wealth Solutions is not a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: Opportunity Knaux
    Make Google Cash
    Google Success Kit
    Goggle Revenue Streams
    Earn Google Cash

The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company

Business Management
    Additional company management personnel include:
    Ms Sarah Heiss
    Cherise
    abbey cameo

Additional Locations and Phone Numbers
    Additional Addresses
    560 South Renaissance Dr.
    (undeliverable 12/08)

Tel: (800) 645-0536

Additional Email Addresses
    [email protected]

Customer Complaint History for Impact Wealth Solutions
    When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
    BBB processed a total of 97 complaints about Impact Wealth Solutions in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 97 complaints closed in 36 months, 97 were closed in the last year.
    These complaints concerned :
    4 regarding Advertising Issues BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

1 - Bait & switch advertisement
    2 - False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement
    1 - None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue

45 regarding Billing or Collection Issues BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

2 - Failure to correct billing errors
    2 - Improper collection practices
    10 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
    16 - Unauthorized bank debits
    15 - Unauthorized credit card charges

2 regarding Contract Issues BBB Definition:

Contract Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor contract or agreement, work performed without authorization, or invalid contract.

1 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
    1 - Invalid or false contract

8 regarding Customer Service Issues BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.
    BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

2 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
    4 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
    2 - None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

2 regarding Delivery Issues BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

1 - Delivery of unordered products
    1 - Non-delivery of products

1 regarding Product Issues BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

1 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

21 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

2 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
    4 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
    15 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

13 regarding Sales Practice Issues BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

1 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
    3 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
    1 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product
    1 - Sales presentation not consistent with advertisement
    1 - Sales presentation not consistent with the written agreement
    6 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

1 regarding Service Issues BBB Definition:

1 - None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

These complaints were closed as:
    79 Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

13 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
    the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
    66 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

12 Unresolved BBB Definition:

Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

12 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

1 Administratively Closed BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

1 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.

4 No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

4 - Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

1 Unpursuable BBB Definition:

Unpursuable - The company cannot be located or is out of business.

charge to my credit card account

I do not want this game charged to my credit card account any more. the amount charged is 38.97 and please cancel.

thank you.
Helen A. Swenor

HELEN A. SWENOR Nov 10, 2008

want the game cancelled and no longer charged to my credit account in the amount of 38.97

HELEN A. SWENOR Nov 10, 2008

have sent a comment

Nora Harper Nov 20, 2008

Please send info. on how to access games on my subscription. Why am I being billed $14.99 per month?

Anne Kraus May 18, 2009

I have a charge of $38.97 and I have no idea what this even is. Please cancell this from my crredit card.

Anne Kraus