MetLife Dental — dis-honest practices
I bought Metlife dental COBRA coverage for my daughter after losing job. MetLife keep on rejecting orthodontics claims saying employee not eligible for ortho. Of course, I am not eligible for ortho but my daughter is eligle under this plan. When I call customer service and explain this, they kept on resubmitting claims. These claim processors kept on rejecting it! This kept on going for seven months.
The whole purpose of COBRA coverage is to help out during no job. Here i was stuck with double payments - (1) payments to doctor and (2) COBRA payments. Not to mention frustrations and stress in dealing with MetLife.
Finally, they paid some but started doing the same thing for new claims. They decided to reject claims rather than fix their system. It is amazing they can get by doing dis-honest practices!
More MetLife Dental Complaints & Reviews
- Metlife Disability Insurance - defrauded by disability metlife insurer! 
- MetLife Dental - denied services 
- Metlife Disability - denials of legit std claims 
- Metlife Homeowners - scam and cheating 
- Metlife Disability - denied short-term disability 
- MetLife Dental - claims not processed for more than 12 months
- Met Life Disability Insurance - fraud 
- Metlife Disability - metlife petition
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - metlife disability insurance
- MetLife / Metropolitan Life Insurance Company [MLIC] - left off beneficiary