Mepco Finance Corporation — Extended Warrantee
I paid $2493.00 for a 84 month 125, 000 mile extended warranty on my 2002 Trailblazer, in June 2005.
I received a contract with the name of National Dealer Warranties and VSC Premier Extended Care Protection on it. I was making payments to a company named MEPCO.
On 28 October 2008 I needed my truck serviced, so I called the 800 number on the contract first and was told that all I needed to do was to take the vehicle to my chosen place of repair and give them my contract, so I took it to the dealer. Later that day, I got a call from the dealer and was told that the warrantee company wanted them to use it's part instead of a more costly GM part and would not pay for the price of the GM part. I decided to go with the cheaper warrantee company part and went to pick-up up my vehicle, because the part had to be mailed out and it could take a week. When I got to the dealer to pick up my truck, the dealer was acting very shady with me. I thought that it was because they could'nt sell me on the GM part.
The following morning I called the 800 # on my contract again and asked if I could take my truck somewhere else ( a national auto repair store ) and they said yes. Then the rep mentioned to me that TPA was in receivership! I would have to pay the repairs upfront and then be reimbusrt'd by the warrantee company.
When I bought this contract, I was told that it offered 100% payment for repairs with a $50.00 deductable. Now I'm finding out that that was a lie, because they are not going to pay the entire bill at all!
I had to get my vehicle repaired, because it needed a new hub assembly and ball joint so I could continue to drive it.
So now I'm sending in my paper work to see if I do get repaid. It isn't certain.
I'm retired and live on a very small fixed income. To say I'm pissed, would be putting it mildly.
More Mepco Finance Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Not Covering Warranty
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Terrible customer service
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Unable get a contact number. Have paid up amount for coverage on my Lincoln. No current number to contact their office.
- Mepco Finance Corporation - National Dealers Warranty would not cancel in my first 30 trial period
- Mepco Finance Corporation - scam on extended warrenty for car!
- Mepco Finance Corporation - customer service
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Refusal to Cover Parts
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Will not authorize reimbursement
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Fraudulent charges
- Mepco Finance Corporation - Extended auto warranty