Menardscomposite deck boards

R

I ordered $1500.00 worth of deck boards and they said if I did not want boards damaged, I had to pay an additional $39.95 for packaging. I paid it but do not understand why this is not menards cost to deliver good product .

Please contact me because we do a lot of business at menards and I want to know how you will handle this in future purchases.

• Pe
    Perrysburg customer Jun 19, 2017

I did the same and ordered 4500 in deck boards and materials. I too paid the $39 protection and upon delivery 13 boards were damaged or broken completely. I spoke to the manager in Oregon OH he said he would credit me back for these boards and now he emailed me to inform me he can not credit me back for these. I am extremely disappointed. One manager told me that this unfortunately is a common occurrence for the Menards Ultra Deck Manufacturing plant to have damage on these orders. There was clearly forklift damage all over the packaging which punctured throughout the so called protective wrapping around my order. I called and spoke to the building manager and had hoped he would take care of me from our conversations. I emailed him pictures and documented all damage and emailed him to show him the damaged as well. I own properties and I guarantee Menards will loose way more than they saved here when I do not return to give them my business and return to Home depot as a pro customer. What ever you do never buy decking or materials through Menards or this may happen to you. If something changes and Keith gets back to me and makes this right I will update this post.