Menardscedar lumber

K Aug 02, 2019

I recently purchased (25) 5 3/4 ×6×10 and (25) 5 3/4 ×6x16 cedar wood decking on 7/18/19 at your 2627 W Townline Rd location in Peoria Il. I've attached copy of receipt for your convenience. My husband and I went to this location on Monday July 26, 2019 to retrieve lumber. When we entered the lumber area we ask for one of the employees to help us place lumber into van. Half way through the 16' we noticed the wood was used and some were damaged (cut). He continued to put wood in van (wood that was good) and we left. Note: Day we picked up lumber we also purchased (12) 2x8x12 wood and decking nails. In total we spent well over $1, 000.
Once we realized wood was damaged I called Menards and complained. I was told to bring wood back and it will be replaced. That was not an option as we already had to reserve van to transport, take time off from work, to replace deck. I explained that to management and basically was told well nothing else can be done. I was so upset I decided I was going to complain to corporate. Instead my husband suggested maybe reaching out to them and seeing If they could allow us to use there truck to return product and get replacement or if they could deliver. I offered both suggestions to the general manager and was told they will not deliver and the truck bed was only 8 ft. long. I proceeded to explain the whole situation was an inconvenience to me and how I can't believe Menards would sell damaged wood to a customer who placed the order weeks in advance. He basically started to blame me for selecting the bad wood. Which I replied his employee placed in my vehicle. He made me so upset, I asked for his business card and left. Now we have to take more time off from work and rearrange our schedule with carpenter to complete job. The whole ordeal has upset me so bad, I will never shop menards again. I'd also like for a refund for half of my purchase seeing no one, not even the corporate employee I called wanted to help make my situation right. Corporate basically told me to go online and file complaint. When I asked if there was someone who could help me immediately, I was told no. It's corporate policy to file all complaints online or by mail.

Signed,