Memorial Hermann Billingbilling

Memorial Hermann's patient care is great, but their billing department is terrible. A year after services were rendered (and I paid my co-pay) I received a huge bill. When I called, they wouldn't put me on a payment plan because the charge was over a year old. On two other bills, they set up payment plans but stopped sending me invoices. I called to let them know I didn't get an invoice and made a payment over the phone. The next month, no invoice. Then they sent it to a debt collector. They messed up my credit report over the remaining $500 balance after I'd already paid thousands to them (on top of the more than $500, 000 my insurance had paid). When I call to discuss it with a billing supervisor, I'm told it is my fault for not paying. How am I supposed to pay if they can't send me an invoice and can't set up automatic payments? I'm supposed to babysit their billing department? This has happened twice. I now take my child to Texas Children's. Haven't had a single problem with billing with them. Skip the drama, don't go to Memorial Hermann.

• Mh
    MHH-tmc1 Jul 01, 2017

I wish I could tell this complainant that once a bill goes n2 collections, it's quite possible they will reduce the amount they say you owe by 50%.

However, the last time I was hospitalized at TMC for back surgery, somehow I wound up n the ER, not knowing why r how I got there. The end result was that when they decided I needed to get out, they would not allow me to get dressed, threw a gown at me, so my naked butt wouldn't show out on Fannin St, made me get in a wheelchair, took me down a ramp, threw my belongings n2 the air, which landed on the drive, ordered me out of the chair although I didn't have a way home. The biggest problem was that I was 71 yrs old when this happened, That's what is called "Adult Abuse." I complained all the way to the top and to my knowledge nothing was done about it, yet they expect me to pay my co-pay of $400. I told them to sue me 'cause I'd love to tell a judge what happened. I've since transferred all my medical care to another hospital.