MegabusSecond bus driver on sept 2nd 3:05 pm stop over at kingston on from toronto bus station

M Dec 14, 2020

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience!!!September 2, 2020 3:05 PM at Kingston bus station from Toronto. Via Rail was full.

My sisters and I decided to take the bus as we were going to bury our mother in Montreal. From Toronto to Kingston we slept as we have been stressed and in despair. The bus ride from Toronto to Kingston was pleasant and relaxing. The bus driver was friendly and had great customer service with a smile.
As soon as we pulled into Kingston station Sept 2nd at 3:05pm passengers were leaving the bus we had 10 minutes to spare I decided to stretch my legs in the aisle.

As soon as the second driver an Eastern European male began his shift he looked at myself and my two sisters(women of color)and he addressed the three of us to our face in the aisle of the bus and says :We can't sit together because we are not family? (How does he know we are not family) Meanwhile we've been sitting together the whole ride down.. he was very aggressive with his tone.

It was myself my two sisters an Indian son and mother a white woman and a brown woman sitting in the lower level of the bus all witnessing his behavior.
We tried to explain to him that we are family and we've been sitting here the whole trip.
He then says to us : Now listen to me I am talking!!! Now listen to me I am talking!!! (WTH) our eyes popped out of our heads...
He was addressing us like we were children his tone his demeanor was so disrespectful and shocking...Then he also has the nerve to tell us...there's no laughing and there's no talking and no walking up and down the aisle Of the bus? No laughing/ No Talking????!!! What?????? We're on a damn bus...We're the hell are we?? We are three grown professional women two of my sisters are lawyers and I work in healthcare.
My sister speaks up and says Sir we are not in the mood to laugh as we are going to bury our dead mother. He then changes his demeanor and says that he buried his mom three years ago so he knows how we feel. Meanwhile as he's addressing us he's NOT EVEN WEARING A MASK!!! As a Canadian woman honestly I have never been racially profiled in my life and we are all shocked and disgusted by his behavior AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. Definitely racially profiled us as I have witnesses from the white woman and the young lady that was sitting in the back as they all witnessed everything we witnessed. We all got together at the end of the bus ride and spoke about this drivers behavior and racial profiling and we are disgusted!! We have there info and emails if needed.. I called mega bus and spoke to a manager and she was rude I guess not surprising. Shaking my head...
So if you're taking a bus from Toronto to Kingston and there's a Eastern European bus driver who goes over the loudspeaker as we found out as we picked up my aunt two days later... this driver actually goes on the loudspeaker and tells people they can't talk and they can't laugh. She was on the lower level he never addressed her face-to-face.

But he felt it was his duty to address three women of color sitting together minding their own business.
Still makes my blood boil and I tell everyone I know MEGA BUS is terrible!! Customer service even worse.
And watch out for the eastern European man at Kingston station 3:05 PM shift!! [censored]!!! And if he addresses the whole bus and says you can't laugh or talk mention this in your next review!!!
WORST TRIP OF MY LIFE!!! EVER!!!