Meetupmeetup group-bay area 40+ singles club

S

I attended a Meetup called Bay Area 40+ Singled Club and the event host, Liz, who is now the group organizer, severely harassed me. Basically, my constitutional rights were blatantly violated! Liz demanded to search my food bag when I was leaving the Meetup without probable cause and of course, without a search warrant. The U.S. Constitution itself protects citizens from unreasonable search and seizure. This woman, Liz, grabbed my food bag without my permission, searched all the contents without my consent and then demanded to know "Is that wine bottle yours?" (I had brought a bottle of wine to the Meetup which no one opened.) She basically accused me of theft without justification and in front of 3 other Meetup members, libeling and slandering me. I look somewhat Latino and feel this bizarre search was a form of racial profiling. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETUP WAS HELD IN EAST SAN JOSE WHICH IS 50% LATINO AND YET OTHER THAN ME, NO ONE APPEARED TO BE LATINO. Her actions will discourage Latinos from joining Meetup and since Latinos are now about 20% of the U.S. population and 40% of the population of the county I live in, a reputation for racial profiling will be highly detrimental to Meetup’s business. Please note that the City of San Jose has strict city codes in regards to any type of racial profiling and this Meetup was held within the San Jose city limits. Liz also violated city codes in that she was acting like she was a police officer. Meetup also allowed her to remove my posting about the incident so Liz is free to engage in this behavior again and innocent Latinos will be intimidated and harassed! I have not received even a traffic ticket in over 30 years and have never been accused of any crime, not even a misdemeanor and yet I go to a Meetup and am treated like a street criminal. This is very, very disgusting. The bottom line-Meetup needs to reprimand this organizer and re-post my comments about my experience on this Meetup site. California has very strict laws about revealing product defects to consumers and this form of harassment is definitely a product defect and should be revealed to consumers. What will Liz do next? Call the police on some innocent Latino and have them arrested on false charges? Block all Latinos from joining her group? The San Jose Metro has done stories on racial profiling here in San Jose and I do not think Meetup would enjoy being part of a news story on the false arrest of a Latino at a Meetup event or blocking all Latinos from joining major Meetup groups.