Menu

reviews & complaints

Medicross Health Care Group Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
28 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Medicross Health Care Group with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Medicross Health Care Group has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Medicross Health Care Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Medicross Health Care Group complaints 30

Sort by:

Newest Medicross Health Care Group reviews & complaints

3:02 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at medicross parow today for a follow up on my IOD matter. Everything went well until the doctor handed my file to a very rude and incompetent staff member. A Mr Robert Fortuin, that is what Deidre said his name was. The doctor explained to him very politely in front of me that he had to hand me a copy of the follow up report and then the doctor moved...

G
2:03 pm EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Dental. Dr Mia

I went to Dr Mia in May to have a plate made at the advice of the periodontist she sent me to. After 5 impressions, numerous dentist visits and 3 plates made over a period of nearly two months, the result is still the same. In fact the last plate doesn’t even fit in my mouth. I was told to collect the plate from reception at 4pm on the day before I leave for Scotland. Dr Mia could see from the plate that it would not fit so was not available, Shocking workmanship and a tremendous waste of money.

H
3:08 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Sister Connie

Good Morning

I am a very disheartened patient. I was at your practice on Thursday, 7 June and I saw Dr DE Brain. After 3 days of being on antibiotics I found myself becoming more sick. Cough is much more extensive, fever is higher, body aches is just much worse than before. I called today, 10 June requesting to see a doctor again as I believe the antibiotics I was given is not helping. However, Dr de brain is on leave and if I want to see ant other Dr I will have to pay R500 again. Sister Connie is very unhelpful - she claims that she is wanting to assist but it's her way or the high way. She said I need to go sit by Karl Bremer or go pay an enormous bill at emergency. This was her advice or she said just wait until Monday. Is this the way you treat your sick patients? It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth that it sounds like your practice is just about taking people money and when it comes to follow ups you throw your patients under the bus

Desired outcome: I need an appointment today to get better medication. I want sister Connie to not pretend that she has the patients best interest at heart and go the extra mile for her patients because she comes across as a big bully

Hide full review

Is Medicross Health Care Group legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Medicross Health Care Group as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 6% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Medicross Health Care Group stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Medicross Health Care Group should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Medicross Health Care Group earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Medicross Health Care Group achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Medicross.co.za has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Medicross Health Care Group website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Medicross.co.za has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Medicross Health Care Group has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 6% of 30 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
N
4:12 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Payment issue Complaints

Hi

Medicross contacted me sometime in January this year that the Medical Aid hasnt paid some invoices. I logged a call with the Medical Aid and they advised it was resolved. I sent this info to Medicross to confirm all is in order. When i visited the Dr yesterday (29th May), i was told my account was suspended. No one from Medicross contacted me to say that the invoices still werent paid or that the account was suspended. I thought this was resolved when i sent the email only now to find out its still outstanding.

Can you please investigate

Medicross Randburg :

Nalline Singh

[protected]

Y
7:55 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Reception area

We visited Medicross Benoni 11:40 Sunday 21 May, the reception staff said they are already closed and cannot assist us, I then asvised them that the opening hours states that the Drs are there to 12:30 on a Sunday, she said they close at 11:30 so that the Drs and staff can leave at 12pm. We were there with an open head wound and the receptionist just refused to assist us, I feel that the CORRECT times should then be stipulated on the gate board and the board in front of the door... If we knew this I wouldn't have waisted time to go there in the first place, but now I will most definitely not visit them again after being denied medical attention.

4:23 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group service at Medicross Benoni

This morning i called Medicross my 28 year son at a burning fever i told them we need to see a dr was told by receptionist to bring him to emergency we got there at 8:15 its now 10:15 nobody bothered to even show the littlest bit of interest in him.he is now leaving not being treated and is sick like a dog. you would think professional meidcal teams would care but clearly not. i have been with medicross 30 years and this is the worst experience i have ever experienced ever, i am disgusted and utterly shocked at how poorly you get treated in todays trying times. i will find a new provider immediately and hopefully me and my family never have to put foot in there again. i feel so bad because i told my son to go there they are the best he could have gone anywhere but i chose my house dr from 30 years. blown away. you coild lie dead ont he floor and they probably would not acknolwledge you

Desired outcome: actually dont care i am so saddened by this after 30 years of being a patient of Dr Breedt he actually looked at my son and walked away as did the nurses with no care in the world and his temperature was at the 39.5 deg high

Read full review of Medicross Health Care Group and 1 comment
1 comment
kevin.Dickson
, US
Apr 30, 2023 6:47 am EDT

I share your sentiments. I was almost passing out in the waiting room, and was told that my doctor still had two patients to see before he could get to me. This despite me being on time for my appointment. I was eventually seen an hour and a half after my scheduled appointment. I will never use a medicross again.

E
5:16 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Facility fees charged for both children

Good day Sunday the 9th April both my children were sick and had to come in as they required.

I had to pay R600 additional facility for both which i cant believe.

I would have understood on facility fee per family but not R300 for each one.

This is my voice,hope this will assist in making it better for all families still to come through to medicross on public holidays or Sundays and not fearing it more due to additioonal payments.

Concerned Loyal customer,

Ettienne van Wyk [protected]

Desired outcome: Consider that family members pay one facility fee only

T
3:53 am EST

Medicross Health Care Group Poor and deplorable service at medicross edenvale

My name Tafadzwa Mutengwa, and i am writing this complaint which i am hoping well be immediately addressed. My mobile number is [protected].

I went for a first time visit at Medicross Edenvale with my daughter Michelle on 27/02/2023 to see Dr Sithole. He denied me consent to have my daughter have an x-ray there but insisted i should have it done at his colleagues pratice rather.

Secondly i went to the office 28/02/2023 at 8am requesting for the doctors notes to emailed to Medicross Randburg, so that she may have an x-ray taken, but its now 11am and i was told by the receptionist at Medicross Edenvale, that Dr Sithole is too busy to email those notes, irrespective that i had already made an appointment at Medicross Edenvale. The receptionist was nothing but rude to me, and i want her and Dr Sithole be held accountable. Now i had to pay for another consultation at Medicross Randburg, because of the poor service. I want my money refunded because is was a complete waste of time and money going to Medicross Edenvale

Desired outcome: Refund for wasted consultation fees.A formal apology from Medicross Edenvale for their poor service

9:42 am EST

Medicross Health Care Group Service / Reception

I'm not sure who the 2 ladies is who is working at reception. They do not have any telephone etiquettes, they are not of any assistance, they hang up the phone in your hears when you ask them with you am i speaking to. Very very rude. I would not suggest Randburg at all. I've been asking for assistance with my accounts since November 2022. There is no email address because no one can assist me with one. These statements / accounts have been hanging for 2 months. Its really not surprising me but more of an irritation.

Desired outcome: To learn your staff telephone etiquettes and to make sure your medical aid / accounts department knows what they are doing.

A
4:43 am EST

Medicross Health Care Group Doctors visit

Arrived at front desk at 08h00 on 01.02.2023 and asked to see my doctor. He was of till the 13.02 so I asked to see any other doctor as I'm sick. I got an appointment for 10h15 by Dr MP Gotyana. I never left from 8h but did quickly pop out to my car to retrieve something. But it was for less than 5min as I was waiting. So 10h15 came and gone and as I'm typing now it's already 11h45 and I'm still waiting. Apparently the reception never loaded my file as I did not report back to them after the 5 min outside.

There were no boards or information that I should report to them. This is an horrible experience whilst I'm sick and I can't believe I'm paying for this service. Could almost go as far to say it might be because I'm white that they are doing this but I might just be tyred as well. I will also never again give this place as an reference to anyone I know again.

Desired outcome: Better service would be nice. But I'll still have to deside if I ever would want to come back here again with myself and my family

T
3:44 pm EST

Medicross Health Care Group Rude receptionist

Today as early as 8;30 I took two toddler's for a doc visit after a sleepless night, the treating doctor was exceptional infact I even asked for his details so he can be our doctor going forward however nothing prepared me for my pharmacy run

As two toddler's would, my kids were giggling and laughing playing together and the receptionist walked stood in the middle of the room and rudely told me to make my kids quite and that there are sick patients

1. This kids were not screaming or crying they were playing and giggling

2. She spoke to me from across the room in a room full of people this made me so emotional felt so unwelcomed

3 if I knew it was a silent room I would have never ever took my kids there, especially because they were not screaming or crying

4 today I was forced as a mom to go leave my kids in the car unattended so I can collect my medication because a person felt their giggling and laughing was wrong

This happened in medicross edleen in Kempton park

I couldn't believe how a beautiful experience in the doctor room where he treated my two kids so kindly and so calmly, ended so badly

N
4:46 am EST

Medicross Health Care Group Service

I have been going to my GP for 20 years.. Then it changed to Medicross TableView. Since then the service and staff are absolutely useless. They are rude and would rather sit and chat to one another than assist with a customer. I have left three messages for a Shameema who is apparantly the "manager" at Medicross TableView but she doesnt bother to return my calls. If the manager is that useless how can one expect the staff to know any better. I would leave them in a second if it wasnt for my great GP. I will avoid going there with every fibre of my being.

Desired outcome: Teach your staff and Managers how to run this extremely sensitive business. A call would be nice from the so called manager.

1:17 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Medicross Health Care Group Charges on my account.

I had a follow up appointment at Medicross Meldene on Monday 26/09/2022, with Dr Du Plessis. I tried calling 3 times to cancel the appointment. I even have call logs and it shows how long I held on with no answer. My medical aid account, which does not have any funds was charged for an appointment I did not go to.

I called them on Tuesday 27/09/2022 to explain the situation but it has not been resolved. Kindly follow up on this matter, M. MOLEFI. Attached is the screen shot of calls I tried to make but there was no answer until my airtime ran out.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate the charge being removed from my medical aid account as I made efforts to cancel the appointment but I was still charged.

View 0 more photos
7:23 pm EDT

Medicross Health Care Group accounts could not clarify charge

Charges on my account could not be clarified by the accounts department after numerous requests, many of which were also ignored.

I was handed over to collectors and have paid it now not to tarnish my credit record.

At the last visit on 25 Feb 2022, a request was made at reception to bill the full outstanding amount owed on both my account and that of my husband, since we were leaving the country. This was made very clear. An amount of R1588.56 was billed from my Credit card. A month later I received a bill for the amount of R467,50. I brought this up in an email and got a response "I have managed to sort the payment" from Bianca.[protected]@medicross.co.za on 21 April, after some back and forth. After that my husband got a statement saying he owed R1228.92 which was part of the payment of R1588.56. I mentioned this again and had to go back to them a few times to get a response. Eventually getting: "Portia allocated the payments incorrectly therefore when Mr Boshoff [my husband] called we allocated it correctly and that is the amount still due". This did not make sense. I asked for a copy of our accounts 2x and only go my own before receiving more statements and the debt collector's email. I still believe all accounts were paid and they allocated the amount wrong.

I am very unhappy with the responses from the staff when I was trying to understand where the charges were coming from.

I know that during the time of the charge they also changed financial systems so errors could have been made, but no effort was made to look into it.

This was at Meldene Medicross, Melville, Johannesburg.

Desired outcome: Refund

View 0 more photos
S
2:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Medicross Health Care Group Medical care I received at Medicross Pinetown - July - Aug 2022

I am emotionally and physically drained by the experience I had at Medicross Pinetown

I was sick for over a month and I kept on going back to my GP complaining about the same problem but he never referred me to a special, at some point I even sent emails asking him to transfer me to a hospital but he did nothing.

I went for scans and I took the results to him and he still said they were fine. When I took the same results to a Gynaecologist, he immediately booked me in for surgery because the scan showed that I had a cyst.

I really thought that your facility offers the best medical care but my health was compromised.

I will be in talks with my lawyers to see if there is a case, if there is ones, I’ll definitely be taking that root. I could have died and lost my life all because someone that I trusted with my health didn’t do due diligence.

Desired outcome: I want to be refunded for all my medical expenses

8:01 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Teeth

I went to Dr Mia the dentist at Medicross Benoni.

A year ago I had a tooth put.

- she firstly removed my wire behind my teeth ensuring my teeth will not move, I have had brace before so I had a retainer obviously it won’t fit due to the new tooth, so I could not wear it

- she chipped my one tooth next to the one she replaced

- I’ve gone twice to get it filled (the chip)

- due to the wire being removed my teeth have started moving very badly one of them the root is pushing out at the back

- due to my teeth moving so badly I now have to get braces again for her (practices)

- I’m very angry due to the fact that I now have to get braces and pay for it myself and having a chipped tooth that can never be fixed

Desired outcome: Dr Mia should contribute to orthodontist procedures

3:41 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Service

05-08-2022

Mediclinic Boksburg Barden

I called the clinic to book and appointment appointment for my daughter who is not on the same medical aid as i am.

I spoke to a guy by the name of Mxolisi he explained the documents required from me as i am not a main member of the medical aid, when i got to the clinic the same guy tells me a different story without even looking at documents he personally said i must carry with me and requested for the main member to be here with me physically

In short my daughter was denied the medical attention she needed.

Mxolisi's customer services is unsatisfactory.

Thanks

Desired outcome: For the receptionist to be transparent and honest

F
2:42 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Unprofessional Service & Treatment of Dr Dorman at Randburg medicross

To whom it may concern

It is with great regret that I lodge a formal complaint. After visiting medicross since 2002, I have never experienced and been treated the way I was treated today. How inhumane can a medical dr be?

My husband & I visited medicross on 29 June 2022 . Our appointments were 15:00 15:15 respectively.

Initially we had an appointment with Dr Alex, but the receptionist called to inform us that Dr Alex is unavailable. However that Dr Dorman is available at the same times.

We were not well since Sunday, and we thought we needed to see a dr.

Dr Dorman called us in at 16:20 , after a 15:00 appointment. Absolutely no apology., which we accepted. We did not even mentioned it.

As soon as we stepped in her room, we noticed an attitude. She asked what is wrong.

When I explained our symptoms & our experience, dr Dorman’s words: “dont tell me you are here for fever blisters…..,,, implying we are wasting her time.

She then examined me and told me that there is nothing wrong with me. And told me she is not giving antibiotics for the sake of antibiotics.

In the first place, I never asked for an antibiotic. I went to seek medication that will help both my husband & I.

She then proceeded by saying she has 42years of medical experience……we exchanged a few words and told her I also have qualifications.. I told her that I would not been here if I was feeling well.

And since I have body aches, feeling cold, cough through the night, and mouth ulcers and ear infection etc. She carried on…,…and I kept quiet .,,only after she examined my husband, she said she will attend to my symptoms. By then I told her that she does not have to give me anything since there is nothing wrong according to her and her 42 years experience. She implied I am wasting her time. ……I told dr Dorman I was disappointed and disgusted in her behaviour and that I have never heard of a medical practitioner bragging about her years if not showing any empathy.

It appeared that she was highly irritated, most probably we are not her regular patients to start with.

In this day and age, It is disappointing for the level of treatment that we were exposed to for merely seeking medical attention when we needed it most. We are not regular walk-ins, and Dr Ekonomakis & Dr Adri Rosch can attest to this.

For a medical dr, who was not prepared to listen, already made up her mind. This was not a free service, we have medical aid that covers the consultation.

I request that that this matter be addressed as a matter of urgency, to avoid other patients experience similar treatment. This might result in negative publicity to the medical centre, which I feel it is not warranted since my family and I are patients of Dr Alex the past 20 years.

Desired outcome: Dr Dorman must be disciplined because of her rudeness & unprofessional work ethic. She owes an apology.

4:24 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Clicks pharmacy and 2nd in charge manager in my understanding that I can even change my GP

I as a patient only believe in Medicross. My GP is fantastic. But please don't tell me if you are unhappy with something. You are told put in a complaint and also change your pharmacy and doctor. My doctor is my Hero GP at Medicross.

I feel sorry for the staff that are overworked.

I don't want to put in a complaint. 99% of the staff are so friendly and helpful. Date 22 June 2022.

Desired outcome: I just want certain staff members too realize we are all human beings and when we phone most like me are using a cell phone. We can't hold on forever. Medicross will always stay my 1st choice

B
8:12 am EDT

Medicross Health Care Group Refused Treatment

My husband and I tested positive for Covid on 05/05/2022, however my symptoms started on 04/05/2022. I was struggling with a cough where I could not cough up whatever was on my chest and I am 8 weeks pregnant so I was concerned. It was not a medical emergency as I was not short of breathe or anything like that, I literally just wanted a Qualified Practitioner to listen to my chest and advise something that is safe during pregnancy that would help with the cough. I am situated in Brackenfell, Cape Town so we contacted Medicross Brackenfell on 06/05/2022 but they were unfortunately fully booked, however they were willing to accommodate me for an appointment on 07/05/2022. My husband decided to try Medicross Langeberg and he was informed that there was an appointment available at 16:30, when he told the Receptionist that I had Covid and why I needed to see the Doctor, she politely told my husband that she would phone him back. 5 minutes later she phoned back and informed him that they were not equipped to deal with Covid patients and that I should go to Cape Gate Hospital. I took the appointment for the Saturday with Brackenfell Medicross and was treated exceptionally well and given Expigen which helped me. How is a medical practice 3 years later NOT equipped to deal with Covid patients especially since last year they put "suspected covid patients" in separate rooms and charged an additional fee for this but a year later they not equipped? I think it is absolutely disgusting to discriminate against a patient who has Covid versus someone coming in there with "Sinus symptoms" that actually has Covid but does not know - surely when a patient is known to have Covid, extra precautions can be taken and the patient seen or is it only hospitals that need to take the load of a virus that is affecting thousands of people and becoming part of our every day life. The receptionists at your branches are giving you guys a bad name and they really need to be taught Patient Care. I am a qualified Radiation Therapist and I actually feel like reporting this incident to the HPCSA, even the Brackenfell Branch was shocked when I told them what had happened. They are a far smaller branch and yet they could accommodate me without making me feel unwelcome or discriminated against. I feel the receptionist did not even bother to speak to a Doctor and rather spoke to a colleague or made her own conclusion that the risk was not worth a patient having access to healthcare. I would like to understand exactly why they are not equipped to accommodate Covid Positive patients that just need mild treatments like any other sick patient especially since last year they did not blink once to charge my Medical Aid extra for me to sit in an isolated venue due to possible Covid symptoms which turned out to be Sinusitis. I would also like the Reception Staff to receive adequate Phone Etiquette and Patient Care training so they can stop making patients feel so unwelcome and discriminated against due to an illness that was not asked for. They get paid to do their jobs and us being sick is what pays their salaries so they need to really think of that when they treat patients like an inconvenience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Medicross Health Care Group contacts

Phone number

+27 10 205 6600

Website

www.medicross.co.za

Most discussed Medicross Health Care Group complaints

service at Medicross Benoni
(opinions to this review)

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer