Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Cars, Parts & Vehicles Mavis Discount Tire Mistakes, mishandling of my case, poor communication

Mavis Discount Tire  -  Mistakes, mishandling of my case, poor communication

C
Author of the complaint
3:25 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've done much business with the Mavis Store on Rte 6 Carmel, NY. Yesterday's (March 31, 2022) transaction really missed the mark. Please see below YELP Review - posted yesterday.

============== YELP REVIEW ==================

Two front tires, part of a 4-tire purchase at Mavis (Carmel, NY), began to show premature wear following a recent repair and realignment also performed at Mavis. The tires had (approx) 9,000 miles on them at the time I approached Mavis about the issue. The tires had (approx) 1,200 miles on them since the repair/alignment. I mentioned to the store manager the wear pattern was attributable to misalignment not age nor abuse. I asked how he'd like to handle the issue of tire replacement.

Given the thousands of dollars spent at this store plus the evidence of the alignment issue, I was expecting (at worst) a heavily discounted purchase (for 2 replacement tires). The mgr reduced the price by ~35% ($75 purchase price vs $116 retail). I paid for labor to mount/balance/etc.

To compound matters I asked SEVERAL times for the work to be done by a certain time in order to coordinate a ride to pickup the car. It was not ready at the requested time and I did not receive a call, promised by Mavis, when the work was completed. I had to do all of the follow-up - POOR communication.

Given the issue with the (previous) alignment, I assumed I'd be given a print out of today's alignment work. The technician advised me to request that ahead of time next time I come in! Whoa! I've been buying tires since 1973... alignment reports have always been given to customers. (FYI - I was told the Dec 2021 alignment was within tolerances and yesterday's alignment tweaked the settings. I have no way of knowing as I was not given the alignment report - If this is Mavis's new strategy..it should rethink it... The wear pattern clearly showed misalignment).

I'm very disappointed...as I've usually received good service at this store. This experience borders on improper business practice. They REALLY MISSED THE MARK this time...

0 comments