Maui Jim Sunglassescrap sunglasses

S

"Best customer service"...BS
Bought a pair of Mauna Loa's less than a year ago (over $300) and the
bridge broke. They and the dealer I purchased them from told me that
that model was discontinued. The stress cracks in the glasses and the
broken bridge were not covered by the warranty...are you kidding me!
What is the sense of having a warranty to begin with if they can't
hold up to simple wear and tear? They offered to give me 50% off the
price of a new pair from their website (in other words 50% of of full
tilt retail). What a cray outfit with equally crappy customer
service. You would think that a high end company would stand behind
their product, guess again. Companies like L.L. Bean, Filson, Cannon,
Ray Ban, Helly Hansen come to mind as reliable companies I've had
outstanding customer service from and have gone the extra mile to keep
a customer happy and will get my complete loyalty. Had a 25 year old
pair of Ray Ban's that were fixed at no charge. Maui Jim...CRAP!

noo22 Nov 10, 2020

i agree that they are a rubbish company, my Byron Bay rubber coated frames with all the finish coming off, and the nose supports coming off they say its because of use and not a defects from the makers, so they are not covered by the guarantee, what a pathetic excuse, if the rubber cant stand up to normal use then it should be their responsibility of the maker .I feel like i've been had over,

• Mi
    Michael Persons Jul 08, 2020

I have a pair with their prescription lenses in them. In less than a year the bows when folded, would rest on the lenses and scratch them. I felt it was a manufacturer defect in design. Factory finally answered my email and said it was not covered under warranty . I have worn glasses for 50 years and NEVER had a pair that did this???? For the few dollars it would have cost them to replace them they could have made a happy customer???? They stink, the eye glass design stinks and their price is too HIGH for plastic.
    I won't be buying their brand again. This was my first and last with Maui Jim. Shame on them.

• Nj
    N Jeffry May 18, 2018

Maui Jim sucks!!! Bought a pair of their high end, extremely expensive sunglasses. I had prescription lenses put in them. A couple of weeks ago my new puppy got a hold of them and chewed the bows. Called Maui Jim they told me to send them in and they would replace the bows for free. I send them via overnite delivery. Just got the sunglasses back and they were not repaired! There was a note in the box indicating that the lenses had been changed out for prescription lenses that were not Maui Jim prescription lenses so consequently Maui Jim would not honor the warranty and fix the bows. I told the customer service representative that I would be happy to pay for new bows, and they said no since the lenses had been changed to non Maui Jim prescription lenses. I told the customer service rep that they (Maui Jim) told me where to take the glasses to have the lenses converted to prescription lenses. They still will not fix these sunglasses. I will NEVER purchase another pair of Maui Jim sunglasses again, and the other 4 pair I own are being tossed in the trash since the Maui Jim company is trash as well!

• Sh
    shakira arias Dec 17, 2015

bought two pair of sunglasses maui jim one year ago. one for my daughter, and one for my self as a personal gitf, these two glasses, have desapointed me very badly... in fist place the fist on break in the middle just by pulling them on my head wile driving for a refreshing viw and the other one had the same damage as they fall from my daughter hands... these sunglasses are very expensive, to be so frigil.. this make me vey sand and angry at the same time..i am from a spanish contry, these sunglasses was purchase in colombia san andres island.. been trying via your website to find some one in customer service that cuold be abble to asisst me with this issue, but unfortunately no response from them.. been tryin via phone calls and sadly no help.. im very dissapointed, and felt rab by these ppl. my name is shakira arias livingston live in colombia san andres island, my phone number in colombia is [protected].. [protected] please note that im expecting to here back from you all.. i have evidencies if its may be requierd. thanks in advance..pics can be provided.. email adress.. [email protected] [email protected], com.. please advise ASAP.. to both emails... adress: aeropuerto internacional gustavo rojas pinilla 3er piso, aeronautica civil centro de control. sunglasses information..sglasses#1 and #2...braekwall ce U.S.Pat.7717557. mauiRMJ-[protected] MADE IN JAPAN. TWO OF THE SAME.. been trying to upload the pics, but having dificulties..