Massage Envymassage

V Jul 10, 2019

Earlier this year I was scheduled for a total body massage 1 1/2 hours. We had been members for years and for the most part received decent massages. This day I was refused treatment, the only thing the therapist would give me was 'light' massage, gently rubbing her hand over my body. She said this was because I had had cancer 4 years ago and that because of that her training dictated that's all she could do !! I have been cancer free for 4 years, their own website states how beneficial massages are for people who have had cancer and yet I could not get a massage. This was extremely upsetting to me and extremely discriminatory too. We talked to the manager and he said he would look into it and get back to us, he never did despite repeated phone calls. we have since asked for in writing how many services we are still due from ME from the Hyannis, MA establishment and he refuses to give it us. I went there in person today and he told me to leave and that he refuses to give me in writing how many services we are owned. Do NOT go to any Massage Envy places, especially the one in Hyannis, MA and Mashpee, MA !!! we are now going to have our lawyer on the case.