Marshalls Department Storereturn scam

F

My wife and I purchased two pairs of jeans (1 Lucky Brand $34.99 & 1 Calvin Klien $34.99) at Marshalls. One pair did not fit so we returned to the store to get our cash back. The manager (Lisa P.) said that the Calvin Klien pants did not appear on the receipt but 2 pair of Lucky Brand jeans did. She refused to give us our cash back and gave us store credit for a lesser amount of $26.99. We were ripped off for $10.00 because the product was not properly tagged. The staff and manager were unbelievably rude to us and we will never shop there again. This is a scam so check all the tags when you purchase anything at Marshalls and make sure it is the item you are being charged for because they will not honer it once you walk out the door. No wonder they are going out of business.

noluvformarshalls Nov 16, 2012

There is definitely an issue with Marshals mislabeling their products. I recently bought a coat for $49.99 and didn't try it on at the store as I usually never had an issue with them when I had to return something. When I tried it out at home, it was too small. I took the coat back to a different store as I wanted to see if they had more of a selection. Upon returning the cashier noted that the tag didn't match the description of the item. After standing around for 20 minutes they finally did refund me the cash but this error was made from them mislabeling their product. The entire process has left a rather bad taste in my mouth and to think how many more items the store could be mislabeled. I asked the manager how I could prevent this from happening in the future and she noted you can ask at checkout for a description of the item. I asked her why they didn't do that when I was checking out, she didn't have an answer.