Mango AirlinesI am extremely dissatisfied and highly upset with the treatment of my 9 month old pug puppy

S Review updated:

I am extremely dissatisfied and highly upset with the treatment of my 9 month old Pug Puppy - Puggles in Cape Town. We flew on Mango down to Cape Town, Friday the 7th August on JE143. In Cape Town my 9 month old Pug puppy, Puggles was taken off the plane and just abandoned behind a locked door next to the baggage collection conveyer belt, outside the terminal, I was waiting on the terminal side of that door for what seemed ages, and then I heard him crying and I could not reach him – I looked through the cargo hatch (the conveyer belt was on, or else I would have climbed through the hole) I could see he was abandoned, there was not a human being in sight, it was cold and dark. Goodness knows how long he was left there before he started crying. (We landed at 12h50, and it was 13h30 before I got him). I eventually saw a very lethargic acting woman come strolling up towards the locked door, seemingly walking painfully slow, identified only by the key in her hand – not hurrying up even when I asked her to and not explaining why she took so long, plainly just ignoring me and unlocked the door. Puggles was in a state, he felt cold and was still crying (it is not the first time Pugg.

• Ro
    Roy Hutton Jul 18, 2012

I am very disappointed that you cannot get your systems in order My wife and I flew Durban Jhb dept 13/7 She gave her credit card as proof of payment when we booked in .
    The booking was for me to return on Sunday the 16/7 and for her to return on Thursday 19/7 Needless to say she has to have her credit card in Jhb .When I got to the check in counter of course I did have her credit card There after I had untold trouble which was totally unnecessary as you had seen the credit card on our way up and were that I was returning separately This kind of problem is can easily be overcome being more consumer savy and up date your computer programme to make the trip easier Roy Hutton

• 30
    3033 Aug 15, 2018

I made a booking for my manager on the web page. They have deducted the money but I have not received a confirmation of the booking. I have been trying Mango Airlines call center and every other number I can find and even the e-mail address given but I still have no response from them. I need help. How do you get hold of these people.

• Ro
    Rosa Van Onselen Aug 15, 2018

Mango used to be my provider of choice, but today I flew my sister from CT to Jhb to visit my mom in ICU. Her flight was for 8h45 departure. It was delayed 3 times and eventually left CT at 12h30. I find this ridiculous that no other arrangement could be made. Always defended Mango on bas service / stolen. Won't be able to do that anymore!

• La
    Latel Vollgraaff Aug 20, 2018

Flight JE 701 delayed for 2 hours. We were only informed of this half an hour after we were supppsed to board. Only explanation is that it is operational. Last three flights of Mango delayed.

• Mb
    Mbalizo Aug 20, 2018

I used fly mango in December and used an agent from Banyana to book. They double debited my account and I have been requesting a refund for 4 months now but have not received no joy or assistance.

• Be
    Bev93 Aug 21, 2018

Bad bad bad! Been waiting since 19:00 for my flight and its 20:35 with an 21month old baby. Unacceptable!

Maria Diniakos Martins Aug 28, 2018

Good day

The locks from 2 of my Mom''s suitcases were cut off and someone went through her suitcase.

Nothing was stolen though.

We wont be using your airline again as her wheelchair was also not booked although I received a confirmation e-mail from Medicals at Mango.

Maria Martins
    Cell: 0824842070

• Th
    The Powder Keg TPK Sep 01, 2018

On 6 October 2017 I informed the airlines about a cancellation of a ticket booked for 22 December 2017. I had insurance to cover cancellations. I receive no responses to my follow up for the refund that remains outstanding.

• Tr
    Trueman Myeza Sep 04, 2018

This system is useless! ive booked 3 times online and the money living my account with no tickets being sent to me. Furthemore i have made numerous call to get assistant having to wait for over 40 minutes most of the time to get no help. So You wait for Help and it Never come transaction always fail when booking online.

Masibulele Fodo Oct 23, 2018

I was on flight JE348 from Cape Town to Durban on the 2nd July 2017. Before checking in I made sure that my belonging were in my bag. To my surprise when I was unpacking the next day to find that two (2) of my expensive perfumes were missing. What can I do in this situation?

• La
    L'Atella Terblanche Oct 31, 2018

Mango has the worst refund department I have ever encountered. I have been trying to get a refund for December 2017 and up to date have not received any feedback other that we cannot help you! I have sent numerous emails with documentation but nothing. Someone needs to step up and investigate this matter other than a desk jockey.

Anika Knoetze Grewar Nov 04, 2018

We booked seats at the window for it was my first time flying. When we got on the plane our seats were at a row with NO windows what so ever. The service wasn't so good. Sadly we will not be flying with Mango again.

• Wi
    Wilma Marsburg Nov 04, 2018

Flight JE Luggage 0472 JE 132155. Capetown to Johannesburg. 15 March 2017.

Luggage damaged beyond believe. 71 year old had travel companion and I only saw the damage when he got home.

I have been unable for weeks to speak to anybody. I have send various emails and just don't get any response.

I will warn all about MANGO

• To
    Toki Louw Nov 13, 2018

Ref NYKXJC-flight JE716 -7 Dec CPA to HLA
    Suitcase damaged. Had to rush back to Rustenburg for Operation on 8 Dec. Got Photo's as proof with dates. Willing to provide you with it via E-mail

• Vi
    Vicki0503 Nov 14, 2018

Flying from OR Tambo to Port Elizabeth, flight JE529 @ 1:35pm.
    Upon arrival I noticed my suitcases was badly damaged. It was torn in 2 places.
    Mango airlines

• Li
    Liauna Watkins Jan 23, 2019

Cabin crew looked terrible, I have a photo of the one gent not even wearing a belt, ladies no earrings, real sloppy, no communication from crew during flight as to time of arrival, weather etc George to JHB 14:20 2 Jan 2019
    Will never fly mango again, I prefer professional services

• Ju
    JustinMG Jul 28, 2019

This flight was/ is delayed for 2 hrs 20 min. Absolutely shocking. Besides the inconvenience I had to buy access into the Bidvest lounge and I would like Mango to apologize and refund me the cost of R 210.00

• Ve
    Venugopaul Aug 05, 2019

This is unacceptable an outrage waiting 5 hours with no communication only from a screen I will never fly mango again and I will spread the word this is not the first time it's about the 4th time 4 hours who is going to pay my taxi for waiting u no me. Never again V Naicker

• Si
    Sikhumbozo Aug 14, 2019

The lady standing on the left side of the mango desk when you board the flight JE129 for 7:25am today, was very rude and confrontational.

• Ow
    Owen1974 Aug 31, 2019

I am disgusted by the fact that I could not keep my luggage with me as cabin was full. Surly you cater for one bag per passenger so not sure if you are allow passengers to take more than allowable luggage on plain. Disgusting and shocking from your airline. I was within my 7 kg allowance crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap cap crap crap

Sadtu Oudtshoorn Chair Sep 30, 2019

5 X packets of 20 Stuyvesant was taken from my on board luggage (Luggage in the cargo hold of the plane ).
    Date : 24 September 2019
    Time : 12:40 - 14:50
    Flight No : JE 824
    DEPART : GEORGE - JOHANNESBURG

I want my stuff to refunded as soon as possible .

Complainant : John De Laan
    Ticket /Seat : 21 E
    Contact : 084 813 0657

• Ab
    abcdefusa Oct 07, 2019

Hi,

I paid for a ticket few days past from CPT to JNB but I'm yet to receive any confirmation email or itinerary for my travel, I never experienced such as this with other airlines, greatly appreciate if you kindly confirm my ticket and take the corrective action.

• Si
    SihleN Oct 07, 2019

I will never ever in my life book for Mango to travel anywhere, it's absolutely the worst, everytime I book the flight is delayed by more than an hour!!! I have to now now miss my comittments. No no marn this is absolutely nonsense, both legs of my trip where a delay

• Se
    Securityjanet Oct 09, 2019

So i book my sons ticket from durban to jhb but used his nickname by accident he had to pay in R350 is this what you do you robbing poor people just because of an accident this is so unfair for him to have paid that amount. The least you could have done is charged 100 rand but R350 is pathetic.

• Mg
    MGrobler Oct 15, 2019

Im flying to capetown this morning. Was supposed to leave 5:55 and here we are at 6:24 still waiting. We pay premium price to leave early as I have early business in Capetown and as usual Mango Airlines is delayed. Last time I am using this airline. It puts business at risk

• Ca
    Caroline mayeza Oct 28, 2019

Flight was delayed to Cape Town this morning. So unreliable not for the first time. Pls improve ur service. I have a meeting scheduled for 8h30 and was hoping to be at the ve ur that time however due to the delay I won't make it. I experienced a 3 hour delay from cape Town to JhB in the past. Same airline Mango. Bad bad service.

• Ka
    Kaylee Hibberd Nov 04, 2019

On Friday 25 October, my partner and I flew the 8pm Mango flight (JE 174) from Cape Town to Johannesburg. All the air hostesses attitudes on this flight were despicable. They were so unfriendly and rude. Seems the little bit of authority they have has gotten to all their heads.I will NEVER fly with Mango again after this disappointing experience.

• Ka
    Karishta Singh Feb 01, 2020

I refuse to repeat myself on what I am complaining about. Pick up the phone and call me back! Shocking service from fly mango airlines. I will take to the public forum if I am not assisted today. My number is 0847216376