[Resolved] Malaysia Airlinesservice officer at ma transfer desk, changi airport

D Jul 13, 2019 Review updated:

On 12th July 2019 at approximately 6.30pm I arrived at Changi Airport on flight QF35 from Melbourne to Singapore. I had a connecting flight on 3K 677 on Jetstar departing 7.30pm.

When I disembarked a ground staff member took me to the service counter at Malaysian Airlines Transfer Desk. I was told I had been taken off my scheduled flight due to the late arrival of the plane. I was told I was being redirected to Penang via Kuala Lumpur. I was very upset that I missed my connecting flight and the Indian male who dealt with my enquiry was abrupt and very unhelpful.

The same person then issued me with 2 boarding passes and never explained the changes but glared at me with challenging eyes. He made me feel very uncomfortable. No customer service whatsoever.

When I arrived at Penang at 12.30am in the morning my bag did not arrive. I lodged the report at the desk and was given the file reference of PENMH19919. I have made several phone calls trying to locate my bag and have been told there is no record of my bag.

When I checked my 2 tickets on Malaysian airlines I noticed there was no ticket sticker attached to the back of my tickets.

It is my belief that the Indian male who served me at the Malaysian Airlines Transfer desk deliberately redirected my bag elsewhere.

It should also be noted that 3 other passengers also missed their connecting flights (to KL) and were also processed after me. When I boarded the plane from Singapore to KL I noticed the same 2 passengers were sitting in Business Class drinking champagne and told me they had been upgraded, by the same Indian person. I was given a seat to the rear of the plane.

I urgently request an investigation into the whereabouts of my bag. The Qantas bag reference is QF 248730. I have phoned Qantas and they advised me to lodge a complaint with Malaysian airlines as they claim my bag was taken off the flight with Jetstar to Penang.

My phone number is +[protected].

I would like someone to phone me at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Andrea Dinsdale

• Malaysia Airlines's response · Jul 15, 2019

Dear Andrea Dinsdale,

Greetings from Malaysia Airlines Customer Care team.

Kindly send your complaint directly to our mailbox : [email protected] for our further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Customer Care

• Resolution Statement

• Ha
    Harry057 Jul 19, 2019

MAS having high customer dissatisfaction & complaints and only 8% of the complaints has been resolved. Customer service failure is one of the reasons for MAS current dilemma and it also might be the causes of failures in the past; this especially might have deteriorated when MAS exercised huge scale of employees downsizing previously which have leads to shortage of crew members thereafter. Reviews of the customer’s complaints revealed that MAS staffs having poor customer service quality, their staffs sounds not well trained in handling customers and their issues, most of customers complaints are originated from poorly trained MAS staffs and crew members whom are unethical, incompetent and having low motivation to serve their customers, this might be also interrelated with demoralized employees in the face of company current & past poor performance in the industry. The notion of “Customer’s always rights” is seems far for MAS staffs culture and believe; even most of the online replies from MAS customer service officers are not constructive and not showing competency in handling customers issues, based on some of the complaints it can be assumed MAS had losses some of their loyal customers such as business class customers & frequent travellers. While MAS looking forward to turnaround its business by cutting cost, exploring new partnership, keep in line with cutting edge technology, restructuring its debt and so forth; it has neglected on the importance of improving staffs competency in providing high service quality; employees whom are on direct interactions with customer’s needs to be well trained and monitored to ensure customers high satisfactions and loyalty are feasible.

• Complainant20091 Jul 20, 2019

According to the description, the Indian represetative of Changi APT or of Malsyan carrier sutisfied the claim regarding missing connection (delay) and issued the boarding pass.

PENMH19919. is acceptance of the claim, which Australian female made towards the undelivered baggage in unknown place. The duty of an air carrir to deliver the mising bag within 21 days.

The female - the passenger, which published the complaint, has obvioulsy negative attitude towards native Indian males.

sr manager for ICAO / IATA irregulations matters