Mail.com / 1&1 Mail & Mediamail.com blocked access to my account

N Aug 24, 2019 Review updated:

I am an extremely upset premium subscriber. On Thursday night, the access to my account was blocked, as you term it, for suspicious activity. Despite submitting several contact forms asking to be unblocked, I was not unblocked until late in the day on Friday when I finally called customer support. Now I am missing almost 24 hours worth of email, and I was expecting an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT email on Friday. How do I retrieve it?

Your support people say I can't, but if only my access was blocked, those emails should be in my account...I just couldn't see them because I couldn't log in. Support says they are not, but that does not make sense. According to the message, my access was blocked, not my account.

And I don't even understand why you would suddenly lock my out of my own account, one that I pay for. Why did you do this? The only thing I can think oif is that I recently went on vacation to California, as I sometimes do, and was accessing my account through my phone. But I access through my phone all the time and I returned on Wednesday, not Thursday night. I think this is a very unprofessional thing to do.

How do I get my emails back? This is important and I pay for your services.

• Kn
    Knox62 Aug 27, 2019

Mail.com has blocked my account twice. The first time I got it back. This time they say it is permanent. I have appointments, addresses, receipts, etc. on that site that I can no longer access. This happened after I used a different computer to log in at a hotel. People do that all the time. I constantly logged out of email as they want you to do. The company does not seem to care whether they have clients or not. I would not recommend this service to anyone.