Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Airlines LOT Polish Airlines Cancellation of flight for paid roundtrip return ticket back to the usa

LOT Polish Airlines  -  Cancellation of flight for paid roundtrip return ticket back to the usa

I
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a roundtrip ticket from los angeles, california usa to warsaw, poland. My trip from lax to waw was good but lot airlines canceled my return flight to the usa. I was forced to pay for another ticket, even though I already paid in full $1581 for a roundtrip ticket. Not only did I have to pay for a ticket to get back home but it was not a direct flight as my previous ticket l'd purchased but I was flown to chicago, illinois and my flight was in economy when i'd originally paid for first class, and the flight was late coming into chicago. I was not allowed to stay at the airport! I had to leave the airport and pay for someone to take me to a nearby hotel, which would not allow me to wait in their lobby so I had to pay an additional $300 for 4 hours wait in a room! I had to pay for someone to transport me back to the airport and when I got on the plane heading for lax, I was treated horribly by the stewardess. I was hungry, exhausted, cold & very very upset! The flight that lot airlines chose to cancel, the one I paid for, a first class, direct flight, a roundtrip ticket, was not, let me repeat that... Not reimbursedill nor has any of the out of pocket costs I had to pay out during the long, two day flight, hotel stay for 4 hours, etc. I am a 77 year old woman, in a wheelchair, and I am disgusted by the horrible treatment I endured.

Never ever ever will I travel with this shameful airlines again! I am seeking legal assistance due to the treatment I received and I have been so shook up over this. My daughter, angela filochowski-eberhart will be helping me write the appropriate letters for legal representation and to lot airlines because they refused to speak with me and the customer service personnel were very very rude!

(My Review)

B

14 SEP 23:25

TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL

ARRIVAL:

WARSAW, PL (FREDERIC CHOPIN)

15 SEP 20:00

FLIGHT BOOKING REF: LO/TDPHQD

RESERVATION CONFIRMED, PREMIUM ECONOMY (R)

DURATION: 11:35

B

14 DEC 14:25

TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL

FLIGHT BOOKING REF: LO/TDPHOD

RESERVATION CONFIRMED, PREMIUM ECONOMY (R)

DURATION: 12:25

Check your flight details X

Booking reference:

TDPHQD

Dear Passenger,

We kindly inform that your travel details have changed. The previous flight lo21 on 14.12.2021 Has been cancelled. In

order to choose a new flight, please contact the lot contact center urgently. We are at your disposal 24/7 at + 48 22

577 77 55 or +[protected].

From

L04373

R

Dec 14, 2021

Dec 15, 2021

In case of any additional questions, do not hesitate to contact the LOT Contact Center, available 24/7 at + 48 22 577

Important information for travellers

We kindly inform that your travel details have changed. The previous flight 1021 on 14.12.2021 Has been cancelled. In

577 77 55 or +[protected].

From

77 55.

Best regards,

LOT Polish Airlines Team

ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS

We kindly inform that due to the unstable epidemic situation and dynamically changing restrictions, Passengers may experience an

increased number of irregularities regarding the flights. We apologize for the inconvenience. In accordance with the Regulation (EC) No.

261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of February 11, 2004, you are entitled to certain rights like compensation and

assistance depending on the specific situation. Detailed information can be found in Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 of the European

Parliament and of the Council, available at LOT.com.

LOT Polish Airlines joint stock company with its head office at 43, Komitetu Obrony Robotników St., 02-146 Warsaw, registered in

the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the City of Warsaw XIlI-th Commercial Division of the Domestic Court

Register under the no. KRS [protected]. Tax Identification Number NIP [protected], and equity capital of PLN 62 430 548,32

This is my Round Trip Ticket fully paid for to and from the USA LAX to Warsaw, Poland. Not only was my flight cancelled, but I had to pay out of pocket, myself, for another ticket just to RETURN HOME! I had to pay for help since I am elderly, 77 years old but in a wheelchair as well. I had to pay for a hotel stay since the airport did not allow anyone to remain in the airport

While awaiting the next flight. I paid out almost $300 for a mere 4 hours in hotel in Chicago, Illinois! I was NOT ALLOWED to wait in the lobby of the hotel due to Covid 19 virus, even though I showed my vaccination passport! I was and still am VERY UPSET. I was so exhausted from the very long trip that originally should’ve been a direct flight from Poland to USA (WAW to LAX) but took 2 DAYS instead. The flight from Warsaw, Poland was LATE arriving to Chicago so my transfer from Chicago flight to LAX flight was moved to the next flight which was hours away. I was so exhausted, hungry, upset, etc.

0 comments