Longs Drugscustomer service

3/24/11. Dr. Ofc. faxed prescription to the South Kihei Rd. Longs. We left the Dr Ofc. at 4:30 p.m. & went directly to the pharmacy. My son went to pick up meds at approx 4:45 p.m. & was informed that they still needed to work on it and he should come back.
---We left the store & returned to pick up meds at approx 5:45 p.m. and was only given 1 bottle of pills. We knew there should have been cough medicine & asked Amy& was told there was only pills. We had to ask her to ck the faxed prescription for cough medicine. Amy ckd & said that cough medicine was not ready because it could not be verified with the Dr. Ofc. therefore they left a message and we had to wait for the Dr. Ofc. to call them back. Amy did not offer to call again and gave the impression that we just had to wait.
---I walked away from the pharmacy and called the Dr. Ofc. to find out
what the hold up was. I was informed that they only did verifications when the patient was at the pharmacy and the pharmacy was calling their office. They said they would not verify from any messages on their phone.
--- I informed Amy of what I was told & she said they already called and I had to wait. I told her again that they didn't verify from phone messages and that pharmacy had to call while I was there. She walked away saying she would check and didn't return.
---After approx 5 minutes of waiting for Amy clerk named Janell rudely asked me if she could help. I explained that I was waiting for Amy & she said Amy is waiting for Dr. Ofc. to call. I repeated that Dr. Ofc. said pharmacy had to call while patient was there and when they called earlier my son was not there and they left a message so I informed her they should call now.
---I then told Janell that staff at the pharmacy should be aware of what the Dr. Ofc. needs. If they were aware and called when my son was there at 4:45 then the medication would have been ready now 1 hour later. Jenall then said it is verified and they will get the prescription ready so I had to come back.
---I walked over to customer svc & asked for a Manager and Ms. Johnston (Arlene?) listened to what happened and recommended that I complain to the store manager. Shortly after that another customer came to see the store manager& informed her that the pharmacy was not professional and that when I walked away Janell rolled her eyes at me and called me a f___in bit__ in front of all of the other customers. That customer then told the manager that she understood my frustration in having to wait so long.

Here are my concerns!
1- If a prescription needs to be verified there should be standard procedures. If patient had to be there during verification they should have called Dr. Ofc when we first checked on prescription and not when we returned an hour later
2- Pharmacy staff need to pay attention to their prescriptions. The clerk Amy should have known I had another prescription that was not filled, I should not have had to ask her to check the fax.
3-Pharmacy staff need to pay attention to their customers and get back to them. Amy never returned to me for quite some time. Even after Janell came to help me, Amy never came back to update me on what she did.
4- Calling a customer a f---in bit__ in front of them or in front of other customers is vulgar and rude and should not be acceptable. Janell then lied to me when I came back to inform her that I was reporting it to a manager. I didn't make this up and I wasn't even there to hear it, it is really bad that another customer had to hear it and also went to file a complaint to the store manager of how they too had to experience a bad attitude.
5- Ms. Johnston told me she was the "manager" however instead of taking my information to report to her superior personnel she instead told me to contact the store manager directly. (More time I have to spend on this!)
6- I finally received my prescription at 6:15 p.m. and had to miss an appointment
7- I have been shopping this pharmacy since 1989. In twenty two years i have NEVER EVER had such an experience and it is very disappointing.

I expect an apology and sincerely hope that you provide corrective action to your employees for the attitude, lack of follow up skills and vulgar language!

Sincerely yours,

Deborah

• Ko
    Konaboy Aug 01, 2018

Hello. I'm a customer who lives in kona on the big island, and, i do business at our longs that's located in the lanihau center. Here's the problem that seems to be a pattern. Whenever longs had a sale, you have make sure that you have items in it storeroom to cover what's going on sale. Example: about a month ago longs had a sale on some candy, well quess what? after the candy when off of the shelf, there was nothing at all in the back. This is on the second day of the sale. It took the vendor 3 weeks before the candy cane to the store. Couple weeks after that happen, quess what? same candy when on sale again, and quess what?, after the first day no candy on the shelf or in the storeroom. If you know ahead that there's going to be a sale, don't you make sure that the storeroom is stock with everything so customers don't keep getting up set because of the same thing happening?