LiquorLand AustraliaStaff behaviour

X Mar 14, 2020

I have tried several times calling for liqourland customer complaints but each time on hold for 15 mins, never suceeded and trying on here.

I went to buy a vodka at liquor land the gap village Friday 13.03 2020 around 5:20pm with my daughter who is over 18 carrying her ID for a proof. My daughter asked me if she can try Bailey strawberry mix, i granted and I grab the bottle along with the vodka i came to buy for myself - while we were talking i noticed the few staffs looking at us and talking within themselves in odd laughing manner towards us- i felt rather bit odd- as i turned before i was able to make a move to the counter, one of femal staff at the counter about 4ms away from me with loudly raised up voice telling, " You cannot not purchase thoes, we can't serve you, she is wearing school uniform" out loud. There were about 30 customers in the store all looking at us at once by her loud voice drew everyone's attention indeed.
I said, " she is over 18", the staff replied, " still cannot serve you cause she is wearing school uniform." Then i saw a lady who was paying her bottle with her son in same uniform standing right beside her. As the lady walked out of the store i asked the staff again. "That lady just bought her drink with son wearing school uniform. How come she can buy but whats the reason i can't buy ?" The other staff at the counter said, " i overheard that the girl was angaging the conversation with you about the alchohol and it seems you are buying it for her"
I replied again " she is over 18 and she has her ID for a proof" but none of staff members requested her ID for a proof. then the femal staff joined after him and said, " we cannot serve you still. You should know the Australian law. It is the Autrainan law" that point, i felt rather humiliated more than anything. Her voice was loud and clear and correcting me to know the Australian law. I am an asian but holding Austrian citizen for 20 years.
My daughter did not hold a bottles or trying to buy the bottle. I was holding the bottles and i was the buying. Is it really The Australian law and was I against the law?
Since your staff advised me should know the Australian law, I have made myself to Police staion for the clarification. I explained the situation to police officer as above.
Police officer declared that I did not hold anything against the law and it shouldn't stopping me to buy the bottles that I wanted to and buying for my daughter as she is over 18 even she is wearing uniform. What the store should have done is ask her ID and once its proved, it shouldn't be a problem!
It was so unnecessary harsh action the staffs have shown and embarrassing experience for both my daughter n myself.
Today, i went back to the store with my daughter unfortunately the female staff wasn't there but the other staff who were at the incident was, and told him the foundings from police officer. His attitude wasn't apologetic about the incident even me asking why No one asked for her ID? however only then he said it's the store policy?
No one at the store have said it at the scene but Told me off as its the Australian law and i should know the Australian law?
Now, i wanna ask company and wanna know if it really is the store policy reject to serve me or is that a wrong behaviour of staffs mishandling the situation even to bring it up the false Australian law to against the situation with me.