Light In The Boxcompany logo

Light In The Box

Light In The Box

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 528 complaints
114 resolved 414 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Light In The Box reviews & complaints 921 - 528

Light In The Box complaints 528

Light In The Box - unrecieved package

I ordered a dress on september 25, 2011. I payed $19.95 for fast shipping which had written that it was 3-5 days. On october 1, 2011 I never got it. I left the country and I didn't receive a call or anything to remind me of my shipping. Two weeks later there was a note on my mail box to pick it up but I was out of country and that why I payed more for fast shipping. When I came back on october 22, 2011 they said my item was returned to china. I want the dress or the money back. They didn't send me an email or put the package on hold for the meantime. On the home page there was absolutely no phone number or email to contact them so they can know I was out of the country. Can you please return my money or send the package back

the order was fully refunded in May 2015 as below, we supposed you received refund 1 year ago, will you please check with your bank account as we suppose you do not aware that we had refunded once we get the parcel is returned back to us.
cybersource :[protected] USD -85.10 [protected]:46:10.0 refund

I've already opened several tickets with no reply!!!

Hello. I have made an order to lightinthebox.com on 15 march 2015.

Order details are:

ORDER NUMBER: [protected]

ORDER DATE: March 15, 2015

STATUS: Shipped

SHIPPED TO: Alexandru Catalin Tihan (Str.Chitila Rudeni nr 10 sect 1

Bucuresti, 700000 Romania)

Phone:40-[protected]

SHIPPING

METHOD: Distribuire Super Economii (10-20 business days)

BILLED TO: Alexandru Catalin Tihan (Str.Chitila Rudeni nr 10 sect 1

Received Payment

Received

All Shipped

Pending Processing

Estimated shipping time(10-20 business days)

Problem is that my order has not arrived until today. I have sent couple of emails asking kindly for my money back, a refund, but no answer until now. I am waiting for a response. Thank you.

I did.

Dear djbf,

Thank you for shopping with us and telling us about your experience. Let me follow up with you via email about your order. In the meantime, please send me the order number to [email protected] so I will be able to open a Customer Service ticket for you and you will be able to check the progress of your request by accessing My Tickets on our website. Follow this link to view the ticket center: http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_center and our customer service team will help you there.

Susan/LightInTheBox

TO: djbf dgvajbanewugfaq8ohgrs

The little available contact info for LightInTheBox, see below:

Contact Info
City: Beijing
Country: China
Postal code:100025
Blog: Blog http://www.lightintheboxblog.com/category/shop

Some of the many email addresses they use:

S

If you asked the post office to hold your mail since you were going out of the country for so long, maybe you should ask them why it was sent back?

Unless you didn't do that? Since you implied you couldn't contact the company you bought from that you were out of the country. In which case, wait until the company receives the package back and hope for the best.

Also, I went to the site. At the top, there's a button for "help" which leads to "contact us".

Light In The Box - wedding dress

i ordered a wedding dress from light in the box paid out in fall including delivery charge when it was delivered to the uk it came in a tint box all screwd up and was charged an aditional £83 shipping charge bewear this was not in the discription and thy wont take the dress back and refund the money becuse there excuse was not to do with the company yet they new the destination the dress was going to

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your feedback. We do understand that many customers can be confused about the importation taxes incurred upon delivery.

We have included a full section in our Knowledge Page informing customers that in some cases, customs or import duties may be applied once a package reaches its destination country, and recipients are responsible for any additional charges for customs clearance. LightInTheBox.com has no control over the imposition of these customs or import duties and cannot predict what (if any) duties there will be.

Please refer to the following link: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c10/a29.html for more information.

Light In The Box - poor returns policy

lightinthebox.com has a very misleading returns policy. While it seems like they are interested in satisfying the customer, they are not. Their returns policy is filled with fine print that basically...

Light In The Box - unknown charges

when my package was delivered I was asked to pay an extra £62 or I could not have the package
The company took away the package as I was unawear of these charges.

Dear Customers,

We want to apologize for whatever inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

We would also like to invite all customers with pending issues to please post your order number in your comments, this way we can investigate your case and contact you directly.

Otherwise, you can always contact our Customer Service team. They will do their best to offer the most suitable solution to your problem. You simply need to log into your LightInTheBox.com account and submit a ticket.

Please follow this link to read more about how to contact Customer Service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c5/a2746.html

Our Customer Service team will promptly reply to your inquiry, and should you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question. Thank you for your patience.

LightInTheBox

I purchased 2 wonderpad 7 inch tablets with cases.Ipaid freight charges and insurance which came to £278.44.I have received the goods but to my disgust Ihave had to pay an extra £46-98 cod to get my parcel.this I was told was for custom and excise duty because my parcel came from outside the e u.None of this was mentioned when I purchased the products.Very dissapointed with LIGHT IN THE BOX. I won't be using them again.BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE YOU ORDER FROM.

did you manage to get a refund from light in the box

Light In The Box - poor quality poor customer service

Bought phone and it worked great for three months then froze up received no help in trying to repair. Bought radio tramitter Please see attahed as you can see the tem where the audio card is place is now an empty ho;e and certain parts are just falling off. The company did replace the item but the quality sound from the replacement was terrible. Bought another phone during the 3 months that the phone first phone was working great an android camera pics were terrible that did not bother me but after 15 days the display screen had lines see pictures below see the fix that lightinbox proposed1. We would be more than happy to avoid hassle for all of us losing many time and money to send items back and forth. If you would like to keep the product you received, we would like to provide 20% of product value as a compensation. And we will arrange the refund as soon as we have received your confirmation. This means $30.00 for a $150.00 phone
2.You can return the product to us for a refund. Cost to return $34.00 which they do not refund.
3.You can return the product to us for replacement. And we will arrange the replacement after we receive your return package. And the reprocessing and shipping time will be the same as your original order. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FRO THIS COMPAMY LIGHTIN THE BOX MEANS LIGHT IN QUALITY AND LIGHER IN YOUR WALLET

Dear Chuggy4848,

On behalf of LightInTheBox, please accept my apology for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us.

Our Customer Service team has opened a new ticket #1099733 with further instructions on how to return your items. Please log into your LightInTheBox.com account and check under "My Tickets" for the response. You may log in from here: https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=login.

If you need more help, you can submit a reply to Customer Service under their answer to the ticket in question and they will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

T
Oct 22, 2011

i have bought from them and i am waiting my order. i paid them through PAYPAL SITE directly. SO I AM NOT AFRAID SOMETHING. if items are cheap and wrong, then paypal will take action!! i agree totally with the above guy. life is so simple to make it complex.

Just to folluw up on the complaints above LIghtinthebox refunded all the cosst plus the shipment on the products as long as i provided the shipping and a photograph of the shipping details, Based on following their instructions of submitting a tcket the situation was resolved above my expectations. See below attached document below of my refund to my paypal account

Aug 4, 2011 01:28:24 PDT
Transaction ID: 8ED818841E553532A

Light in the box Limited. just sent you a refund
Light in the box Limited. just sent you a partial refund of $178.24 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Light in the box Limited..
The refund will go to the card you paid with.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant information
Light in the box Limited.
http://www.lightinthebox.com/ Note from merchant
None provided
Original transaction details
Description Amount
Purchase from Light in the box Limited. $191.66 USD 1 $191.66 USD

Total: $191.66 USD

Invoice Number: EC-9YT7551642183464Y
Questions? Visit the Help Center at: https://www.paypal.com/us/help.
Thanks for using PayPal – the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online

Light In The Box - company misrepresents clothing

I'm sorry I didn't check this site before placing my order with Light in the Box. I had hoped to purchase a dress for my son's wedding. The dress looked great on their website and exactly what I was looking for. I even paid extra to send my measurement so the dress would be custom made for me. The dress that arrived was nothing like it looked on the website and was over twelve inches too long for me. The color wasn't even close to what I ordered. And instead of this light, comfortable dress I ended up with a cumbersome, uncomfortable piece of clothing. I wouldn't think of wearing it to the wedding. The dress is supposed to be chiffon, not close and they have a double cotton lining that adds tons of weight. It's obvious that the dress is not custom made but just a regular size. Now I'm trying to get approval to return the dress for full refund. I know this isn't going to happen, but I will keep trying.

Light In The Box - return policy is horrible

Do not buy from them it is a scam.
I purchased a dress that was to have the same color sequins as the dress both brown when the dress came it had green sequins I wanted to return but was told I couldn't although the return policy states if a dress is not the same color or style. See picture the color of the dress was mocha not poop brown and the sequins were to be mocha not green.

Dear Kelly,

We have contacted you privately via the Complaints Board messaging system. Please do reply to our message and we will work out a solution for you as soon as possible.

We look forward to your reply.

Hi,
I bought three art items from Light In the box. Two of them are OK but one is not. It's poor quality and doesn't meet my expectation. I tried to create my ticket number to return this item. The customer service explained that I have to pay shipping cost for returning. That's OK, I can pay this cost and really want to have it returned .. but they don't let me know the address for returning ...
Basing on their policy, just allow to return within 7 days after receiving the item ... If they don't let me know the address for returning, how can I return it within 7 days ... ..I tried to contact customer service many times but there is no feedback ... Will not buy anything from Light in the box

Light In The Box - light in the box scam and id theft

I need to warn everyone of a scam that I nearly got pulled into. I ordered some electronic items online from lightinthebox.com and made my payment online via my debit card. The next day I saw a...

Light In The Box - my wedding dress

I bought my dress at lightinthebox.com. I ordered it custom to my measurements. When I recieved it the bust was 3 inches to small. My wedding is July 23rd 2011. I really don't feel comfortable sending it back without recieving a new one first. I do not want to get stuck with nothing at all. They offered me money to get it altered. You can't alter 3inches without extra material. They said if I return the one I have they can't gaurantee me a date the new one would come. I just want a dress that fits before my wedding comes. Who needs a wedding dress after the date of there wedding. Give me a break. I will send the small one back but I don't want to untill I have a new one in my hands that fits.

Dear wtracylee,

I have contacted you privately via Complaints Board so we can discuss possible solutions to your problem. Please do check that message and get in touch with us at your earliest convenience.

Light In The Box - extra charges

Watch out for this company when I received their goods there was a charge from UPS of £56 (the goods only cost £120) which was for import duties. This is not made clear and has increased the cost of the item considerably. Look elsewhere!

Dear Customer,

R
Feb 20, 2018

I bought three taps from lightinbox, one of them was faulty (plumbing) but I thought it might have been the plumber who installed it.
The other two are starting to pit. That is, the plating on the front of the tap is starting to come off. The taps are:

Contemporary Centerset Waterfall Ceramic Valve One Hole Single Handle One Hole Nickel Brushed, Bathroom Sink Faucet #[protected]

Be warned.

Blasted things are two weeks out of warranty (12 months). Didn't expect anything to start losing its plating that quickly.

T

This happened to me too!!! I ordered a mobile phone and a few weeks later received a claim for additional 100 $ from UPS, WTF is this??? Shame on you Lightinthebox MF.

I also placed an order of £50 a couple of weeks ago; this included a shipping charge of £15. As I wasn't home, UPS dropped a card for me requesting me to pay an additional £19.95! Light In The Box are deceitful in not making this additional cost transparent. I don't intend to pay it and will be asking for a refund.

Light In The Box - warranty

This company has no customer service... Do not use
Bought faucet over $240.00 broke within 3 months of fitting. Light in the box will not replace or refund. I assume they expect you to re order a new one... Fat chance
This company stinks
Customer serviceis a joke

LightInTheBox

I also placed an order but what I don't understand how many how calculation of those duties worked out...it seems everyone is getting just random charges!!!

Try the live chat on the site they help instance

i know this because i have a little same problem here whit that warranty

bought myself a pc tablet from this company and 2 month enjoy of the device
and the next thing accident broke my screen
trying to ask for refund but noo everything i have saved for is gone
they have only 30 day off warranty no matter what you bought from this company
where is the factory warranty it looks like its not there

even i have ask for the replacement parts they send you the wrong parts after paying again

this company rip me off good for over 300 euro

Fony people that dont care about your money how hard you work for it years of money saving down the drain

and the only thing you can do is complain thru the live mail in the hope that they help you asap

Many greetz

Light In The Box - fraud

Recently I made an order through lightinthebox. (A chinese wholesaler) I was a little nervous about ordering from outside the country. With many many qestions to the sales dept. About my item, I finally decided to go for it. I had asked a total of 5 different sales reps about the quanity included in my order. As the website was a little unclear. Upon learning from the 4th person that my order would have 4 cases of items that included 4 to a case (=16... Confusing right) I ordered.in the middle of my ordering I realized I could have received a discount had I have contacted their vip. I let them know because of the money I would save I wanted an even larger order. So in doing that I was refunded my first order in a record fast transactions (Within three minutes they had refunded my order) with baited breath they awaited my second order. Before making the next order I checked once again with the 5th sales rep... To see if I would indeed receive 16 items total. I was assured that was the case. So I placed my order and waited for the status to go from processing to payment confirmed. After it stated that the payment was confirmed I got an email stating there had been a mistake and I would only be receiving 4 items. They said "no worry" "so sorry". Like that was going to made it better that I had spent almost 700 dollars and would receive one forth of my order. When I asked them to cancel it this time (The same person who canceled it the first time) the rep told me they couldn't do refunds I would have to wait on the billing department and it would take up to 72 hrs. "no worries" which was scheduled to be shipped in 24 hrs and after shippment there are no refunds. I emailed three other reps that were made very available before I ordered, more than willing to help me and after there was no response to any of my emails. I finally called my credit card company that says that lightinthebox hadn't taken out their payment. So I had to cancel my credit card to block the transaction. Upon telling lightinthebox that they failed to charge me correctly, they were dumb founded! Thanks to my credit card company I dodged a bullet. Lightinthebox told me they would fix the website to better represent the product in a more correct light... As of today it still hasn't been changed! They are for another victim!!!

Dear Customer,

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. We have contacted you privately in order to better discuss suitable solutions to your problem.

Light In The Box - merchandise not received

No matter how good the "deals" look, do not purchase from this company!!! I placed an order for a simple chiffon shawl/wrap (Item # 52579 as seen in the attached photo — how something this plain & simple could take 3 or more weeks to make is beyond me!) on the first of may for our daughter’s prom on the 20th of may, 2011. Our daughter's gown was such a different shade that it was difficult to find anything in our area to match so of course we sought the internet. When I received an email from light in the box stating that it would be shipped on the 18th, I immediately wrote back that it would not arrive in time to be of any use. They continued, at that point, sending me emails using words like handmade, custom made, etc. And said to read their shipping policy. I did and it only mentioned that their "dresses" took a long time to ship due to their "tailor-made" nature. I would never have equated a custom dress with a shawl that amounts to nothing more than a strip of material, just as the picture showsl!! One of their emails actually told me that since they would not accept return of the item, that I could "try selling it locally and getting a good price." unbelievable!! I received yet another worthless email saying that my item had shipped. The email also stated that the item was ordered on may 22 when in fact I placed the order on may 1st, 2011. I would never do business with this company again since i'm convinced that light in the box doesn't know the meaning of customer service if that department even exists!! As of this review, june 7, 2011, I still have not received the shawl!!! They definitely don’t care about getting it right, just getting your money!!

Dear breezmom,

We have contacted you privately in order to discuss possible solutions to your problem. We very much appreciate your feedback as it helps us work on improving our products and service.

A

I ordered over $500 worth of clothes and lights, I received the clothes within a week and I was very impressed with the quality. The lights are a totally different story! 7 weeks and a heap of emails later I STILL don't have my lights. Apparently the lights were returned to light in the box twice because the box was too big to be shipped, I did not buy a large fitting at all, and from the companys name and promotion isnt their whole thing that they are ' light in the box'?! How can they not pack lights properly to be shipped overseas?
Now they are telling me the lights are trapped in customs here in Australia and they don't know when of if they will ever be released!! They have offered a refund, I haven't received it yet, but I asked them to give me the traking number etc and which logistics company they have come through so I can contact customs myself, the answer was ' the post office posted it so just ring customs and ask them' what? Sure I'll ring australian customs with no traking number or info and get them to look for my package, I'm sure they have plenty if spare time to do that for me!!! Light in a box customer service is useless and condescending! Be very wary!!!

Light In The Box - cam: defective dress

Scam scam scam!!! Do not buy anything from this store. I ordered a dress from this store only to receive a defective dress that is not in the correct color. They don't own the patterns which is obvious because the arm holes are not aligned and not big enough to fit over my slender frame. They will give you the run around when you ask for a return. Giving an address that they never receive mail at. They have the worst customer service, several contact people and email addresses that mysteriously stop working. If you value your money do not order anything from light in the box.

LightInTheBox

Light In the Box writes about how responsive they are. This is NOT true. You cannot get a direct answer. All of their responses are canned, boilerplate responses. They no absolutely nothing about customer service. Do NOT buy from Light in the Box. You will be disappointed!

Light In The Box - bad service

We payed for an item to be sent express post and we didnt receive it for 2 months, we were told we would get a refund for the express postage and we still did not receive one. and when the item came it was completely wrong! The communication on this website is a joke! the customer service is poor and have alot of people wanting to take matters further with there service as am I. This website is poorly run and I will never refer it to anyone and will take this matter further!

LightInTheBox

well my order number is this-[protected] and i am really upset that LIGHT IN THE BOX scammed me with around 180 dollars worth-!! it's been two years - and never recieved anything, put my money back or don't do business in our country the USA!

it's a scam!!
I ordered several electronics and gadgets over two years ago from this Company for my boy and they NEVER sent it! I had asked them to put the money back into my account they never did- I said, either way, send me my order or refund my money. During this time I had been busy with my investments that it required me to travel every three months so I never checked if it was put in and they never did, they just 'forgotten'. This time I have a bit more free time and I asked them to put the money back and they are offering me a coupon. I dont want a coupon, I want my money back and that's a problem.
This company is a scam- if you are an American be careful! I will make time to write the Better Business Beureau abut this and file a complaint once and for all. If you are an American and knows a way to stop this company from scamming into our country please let me know, because that is what I am going to try to do, stop this company from doing what they do. One thing I did that's right was to keep all their emails to prove their scam. Be careful buying online people!

Light In The Box - has anyone dealt with them?

I was thinking of using them for dropshipping but didn't know if they were scammers or not. Anyone know if they're for real?

I have got a refund of a small ammount of money (11.53) from them, but I am afraid if I was spending much more on an item I could not get my money back. ;) Previously I sent a very effective e-mail/complain to them on their website to customer care and I got the response and refund in couple of days, this was suprising to me, see bellow:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your prompt reply. We will arrange the refund for you immediately. We are sorry you have experienced problem with this shopping. We sincerely hope that you will not let this unfortunate and rare situation determine your choice for future shopping needs.

Here's some information about refund time for your reference:
For registered user of PayPal, refunds normally require 3-4 business days to process and reach your account.
For unregistered user of PayPal, it takes 3-4 business days for us to complete the request. After that time, please refer all inquiries to your card-issuing institution, as the time required to complete the refund may be affected by your institution’s policies and practices.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused on you. Hope we can serve you again in the near future.

Sincerely,
Customer Care

Are you kidding? Yes, we all know these scammers and thiefs very well. Just put the keyword lighinthebox in the search here and you will be suprised how many complains you will get:

lightinthebox.com - Warranty
lightinthebox.com - FRAUD FIXED
lightinthebox.com - NO DELIVERY
lightinthebox.com - Refusal to pay refunds for damaged and lost merchandise
lightinthebox.com - Trademark Violations
lightinthebox.com - Do not buy imitated products from China
lightinthebox.com - refund
lightinthebox.com - SCAM
lightinthebox.com - Stay far away from LightInTheBox.com
lightinthebox.com - Never received wedding dress and no responded email
...
Unfortunatelly I purchased two products from them, this was my tution fee to learn this lesson. -(Always use this board to check out a website before you purchase anything!) Fortunatelly I used Paypal so they could not rob me but their products are extremely low quality, I purchased a Bluedio 5270 blutooth and a mini video player. The video player stopped working in 2 months, its software was freezing up at sturtup and it could not loaded. I switched it off and on couple of times, it did not help, when finally it never was able to turn up anymore. This product is not available anywhere and anymore. Interesting, ha?;)
The bluetooth did not work ever. I had so many of bluetooth products and I was able to pair them with my cellphone without any problem but this one from lighinthebox could not been paired at all. It is a faulty bluetooth. But they were kept saying that it is my cell-phone. Ok, no problem. I purchased a bluetooth from amazon and guess what it is just works fine. Anyway, I can get very good deals from amazon in the same price range and I have a real guarantiee on those products. Do not give your money for criminals ! They are lucky that their business is not here, so we can not do anything against them.

Light In The Box - non delivery

2 payments made by Paypal from Natwest to seller
Many Emails asking for delivery of goods I paid for.
Every form of ignorance, of any transaction made by me was given, even tho' I sent copies of every kind of proof, Bank statements, Paypal transaction details in full.

Light In The Box - warranty

I bough a 100.OO USD phone with them. Beside being complicate to use, I could not charge it after 5 months of services. Which means I had to buy another one in Switzerland when I was traveling. Sooo...

Light In The Box - unwearable bridesmaid dresses

I ordered an US size 6 bridesmaid dress from the website, it arrived looking totally different to the picture and was huge - Probably an Australian size 16. It is unwearable but can't be returned. Never order from Lightinthebox.com!

Dear Liz,

Our customer service team has already sent you the return form for your dress on Mar 25, 2011. Have you received this? If not, or for any other questions please contact me again at [email protected]

LightInTheBox.com

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! Light in the Box is a scam!!! I had an outdoor, October 10th, wedding and ordered sundresses for the bridesmaids to wear ( I live in the south so it's still pretty warm here in Oct.) One bridesmaids' PayPal account was charged for her order twice. When she called to cancel the extra order the people at Light/Box canceled BOTH orders. That's one bridesmaid down. Of the other 3, only 1 bridesmaid received her dress (the day before the wedding) even though all the bridesmaids had ordered their dress in the first week of September. Light/Box says to allow 18 days plus another 3 for tailoring? We gave them almost 6 weeks lead time. My bridesmaids had to run around town trying to find match outfits for the wedding the next day! Thank God I didn't order my wedding dress from them. I even had trouble trying to get one question answered about the measurements for the dress. The website asks that you measure from the shoulder to the floor but these were knee length dresses. I tried emailing and even tried to "live chat" with someone named "Peter" on their site. No clear answer was ever given. Go to Light/Box's website and read the reviews, all of them are positive reviews with the same spelling/punctuation mistakes!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!! EVER EVER EVER!!! RIP OFF!!!

Light In The Box - defective faucet

I ordered a shower and bath faucet combination from LightintheBox for $120.31 . When it came and it was time for the plumbers to install it they found that it was defective in that it had no threads machined into the shower wand attachment so could not be attached to the port on the faucet for the shower. Then they discovered that the seat flange used to attach the faucet to the wall plumbing was cracked and defective so it would not stop leaking. When I e-mailed LightintheBox to get the defective parts replaced They claimed it was beyond thier 30 day warrenty even though it was defective from the factory and they refuse to send me the few dollars in parts it would take to fix the faucet. I think they should replace those parts because they were defective from the factory even though it is just a few days beyond the 30 day warranty when the problem was discovered during installatiion.

Dear mreid,

On behalf of LightInTheBox, please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.

We strive to make our return policy as clear as possible on our site. As per this policy, only defects reported within 30 days of receipt are eligible for a return. We are extremely sorry you did not realise this before.

Again, we are terribly sorry for the distress. Please contact me at [email protected] should you have further questions.

1  ...  23 24 25  ...  27