Light Impressions DirectFailure to ship goods

I ordered three expensive but very nice archival grade scrapbook sets from light impressions direct in March. The sets include a three-ring binder, cover slip case, large pages, and backer inserts.

To date, they have still not completed the order and email requests for and ETA or information go unanswered. When I ordered in March, all items were in stock. I haven't heard from them at all in seven months other than a reply to one (of many ETA requests) that the items shipped that week. Unfortunately, it still wasn't the complete order!!

Don't work with LID if you are in a hurry and prefer a hassle-free life.

Follow Up (12/20/2010). Nine of the items I ordered in March 2010 for over $100 are "still on backorder until late January 2011". They charged my card for the complete “in stock” order in March 2010. You could go to their website today and place an order for the B/O items. They lie.

I've received no follow-up messages from them about the back order status unless I ask, and then, only occasionally.

They do business as CenturyPhoto.com, LightImpressionsDirect.com, and several others under the umbrella of newcenturydirectbrands.com.

I don’t believe they should be in business.

Jazzlover009 Jun 20, 2011

Experienced the same treatment on an order I placed at the end of May. They immediately charged my credit card without shipping product. When I called to ask about my order and shipment date they explained that the product I ordered (and was charged for) was on BACKORDER! I asked to have my ordered cancelled and my money refunded. They said they would do that, but did not. All email inquiries and request via phone were ignored. do NOT deal with this company. They do not practice good business (in my opinion)