Having problems with Lifestyle Lift?

Maitland, Florida
Please note that the company has gone ouf of business.
We cannot guarantee that complaints submitted against Lifestyle Lift will be seen, responded to and resolved.

Complaints & Reviews

Facelift

I went in for a consult 3 yrs ago. I met w/ a consultant who determined I was a good candidate for this one hour innovative new procedure, so easy, you can go back to work the next day. It was deemed a lunchtime procedure. The consultant I found out months later was not in the medical field & had no expertise to say I was a candidate. She showed me w/ her fingertips where the incisons would be, in the ear, a small incision. I didn't book that day, but went back a week later after being reassured the Dr was a Plastic Surgeon. I met w/ the DR. He also did the finger pull in front of the ear& told me it would take 7-10 yrs off your face & kast 10 yrs or more. It was a high sales pitch by the consultant, offering a nice discount if you book then w/ immediate financing at 0% for one year. No side effects, no anesthesia, no nerve damage, easy procedure, go back to work the next day. IMPOSSIBLE!!!
eI had to eat tha next 3 days thru a straw. For over 6 months (approx) I couldn't hold a phone to my ear.
They had given me a lower facelift w/o my permission. I had been cut all the way around my ears& to top that off, my left ear was stretched down& my earlobe was sewn to my face. My ear is misplaced, The top sticks out, bottom is attached to my face& my earphones no longer fit. They don't keep surgical records so you have no clue what they do to you. The Dr offered a revision, but when I asked what that entailed, he said 'I will sew your right ear to your face. OMG!!!
There are currently 50 girls I met on a website called Realself. Our stories are all basically the same. Some are worst off than me with huge ropey ugly scars, mis-shapen ears& eyes. Their infomercials on TV cleverly minimize the results you will get. This is not saying they don't have some good dr's there, but there are many there that give horrible results! Be warned to check out your DR if you go there or anywhere. Check for board certification, check for a dr in good standing. Ask all the right questions.And above all else please MAKE them show you where the incisions will be!
Altho I was told, get it in writing... What I got I never bargained for. Small incisions to basically dissecting my ears was not what I bargained for. The 10 to 20 shots in your face hurt like heck. I have been in chronic pain a long long time& they won't say what they did to me!! Most other plastic surgeons won't touch me because of this. Be aware, be careful& be smart.

Facelift

• Ki
    kidfromnyc Jun 25, 2009

most of all the consultants that show the videos, talk about the procedure
    are only there to convince of the surgery and add as many procedures as they can, whether or not you need them sort of like used car sales
    people and the doctors most of them foreigners only look at you as a piece of meat, , , in fact they call seeing the patient as a meet
    some doctors really co a good job but most of the others are using patients
    to learn on since most have little or no experience

• Ev
    EVE HOLT Jul 25, 2009

If any physician performed a procedure on you "without your permission" that is gross malpractice under the law and you can sue them. Any of you patients who are NOT satisfied and have visible/ emotional symptoms or issues, you have met the burdon of proof for "damages". Any decent attoreny who handles medical malpractice should take your case on "contingency", meaning you do not pay, until the case is settled, then the attorney takes his percentage [usually 33.3%] out of the total settlement. You can also recoup your money through the courts, many times settling in "arbitration" outside of the courtroom. Act NOW, there are time limits on these types of cases, and you need to start it NOW. Good luck.

McKen58 Aug 08, 2009

I had my "revolutionary new procedure" (and I quote them, not me) in Dec. of 2007. There is a class action lawsuit that has been filed in Federal Court against them because of their deceptive advertising. Please call 1-888-LSL-suit for more information and pass the word. Thanks.

Gail T Sep 02, 2009

My mom just had the lifestyle lift procedure and the recovery was very difficult. They do not give you enough info. about how serious the procedure really is. Since the surgery, we have been told to do different things by the technicians and the doctors. It has been 2 weeks since the surgery. She has had fluid build up behind her ears and it has been drained 4 times already. One doctor talked about putting a pressure suture to collapse the empty cavity, but then the other doctor said no and that it would go away on its own. The paperwork they give you also has special post op instructions and the doctor today told us totally different instructions than the ones written on the paper. I'm just praying that everything will turn okay eventually. I don't know who to trust in that office.

• La
    lady one Sep 29, 2009

every one who has had a bad experience with this company so they can be SHUT DOWN, sound's like a class action Law Suite to me ---Mikla Ann

• Ro
    RON S Sep 30, 2009

Glad I checked this website before contracting with them. Commercial shows that you can get this great look in an hour and go back to work. WHAT A JOKE!! not only is this NOT and easy, one hour procedure, but there was significant surgery, takes a lot longer than one hour, and takes at least a week to recover. The doctor was supposed to meet with us after this salesman's pitch, but said that he wasn't here - he left, even though we had an appointment with him. I have difficulty believing his credentials. JUST DONT DO IT

• De
    Deane May Oct 29, 2009

I agree with everything that these people have said. Some of doctors do not have the expertise it requires to do this surgery. ... and YOU don't know which one is using your face for "practise". I made an appointment, went thru the video and sales pitch and asked to see a surgeon. I was taken to see a young black man whom I began questioning about the procedure. He became frustrated with the details of my questions and called the "office manager" to answer the questions. I asked her if she had a medical degree and how many times she had done this procedure. Of course she said no to each question. This breif visit confirmed my beleive that these people are not qualified to do face lifts.

• Da
    Dawn44 Oct 29, 2009

Well, i was thinking about it and I am glad i looked this up...I WONT BE GOING

abirdsbrain Nov 14, 2009

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

diane turner Nov 14, 2009

You know i had seen their commercial on alot but as of recent I cant remember seeing any advertising about them anymore. I wonder if they are having to "regroup" due to these complaints. Touche ladies - i think you have them on their toes now!

• Nu
    Nubbins05 Mar 21, 2017

@diane turner is there any updates on this company

• Kt
    K-town 44 Nov 18, 2009

It's Nov 18, 2009 and the advertisment is still showing.

toabs Nov 28, 2009

There ought to be STRICT and EXACTING LAWS in this country to protect us from ALL of these companies that make false claims about their products. I mean ALL of them from the cereal commercials to the Life Style Lift commercials. As long as they can pay for the air time the broadcasting companies don't care what kind of lies they're selling. They sleep at night because they have a disclaimer at the beginning of each of the "paid advertising" info mercials. Thank you all for putting your experiences with these frauds out here for the rest of us to see. This is an utterly disgusting side of free enterprise.

• Su
    SUSAN 1225 Dec 06, 2009

I had a Lifestyle Lift about four years ago. My scars are just horrible and I wish I would have understood how white, long and lumpy the scars down the side of my face were going to appear. I cannot tie my hair back or lift it up behind my head. I was only 51 when I had "the procedure" done. Literally everyone told me that they could see absolutely no difference after the procedure - outside of the scarring. I have seen three surgeons who tell me that there is nothing that can be done about the scars.

Now, for the really awful part. I am not a "baby" when it comes to medical procedures. However, this surgery was absolutely torture. I did not think I would I would finish without passing out. I asked, during the procedure, for help and was given several more huge shots. The doctor repeatedly gave me more injections. He also let me know that if I didn't "calm down", he would have to call the hospital, have me picked up by ambulance, and "closed up" there. Believe me, I "calmed down" real fast.

After being "wrapped up", the nurse told me that they were "out of ice" and could not give me compresses for my ONE HOUR RIDE HOME!!! OMG, a medical surgical office is OUT OF ICE???? Now, if any of you know how important ice is to prevent swelling after a surgical procedure, you will know what happened to me.

Without ice, my swelling was unabatted and within the hour before I arrived home, I had swelled horribly. Within the first week, I had my face turn completely black!! I could not lay down. I slept for two weeks sitting up on a pillow. I threw up the pain pills.

My brother in law is a retired surgeon who specialized in reconstruction surgery of the face and head. He saw the pictures of my "wrap" that the nurse had done after my surgery and told me that it was so poorly done that it was useless. That poorly done wrap had also contributed to the massive swelling.

When I returned to the office to have my stiches removed, I was told that the doctor was "out of town". Yeah, sure he was. A nurse removed my stitches. I was never contacted AT ANY TIME by the doctor that performed the procedure, nor did I see him again.

This Lifestyle "business" is handled in a certain way. They will get you in the door, take your money first, cut you up, and get rid of you in a fast and efficient way.

The surgeons are ENT surgeons, not reconstructive plastic surgeons. Research this for yourself.

Be smart. Go and meet with a qualified surgeon who will be honest with you, determine the best course of treatment for you, and will follow up with you afterward to make certain that you are satisfied with your results. I wish I would have researched this better than I did.

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

• Cr
    cruisinsmooth Dec 16, 2009

I am a white male, 58 years old. I went to the Atlanta office today for a one hour free consultation . The one hour consultation they offer took over two and a half hours and I never got to talk to a real doctor. I was told the doctor was tied up in a procedure, which begged the question, "Why the problems and delays?".
    The consultation visit is very much like a "time share" sales pitch. If you've ever been through one of those you know how cheesy and painful to endure this must have been...maybe some thing like surgery with little anesthetic. The offer of "schedule today!" and save money seems so unprofessional and desperate that I kept waiting for them to offer to throw in a free cruise or round-trip air to Europe.
    This was mainly a fact finding mission for me. I honestly can't say what the results may be, but when I asked how many of their clients were male, the consultant told me "...about 35%". When I asked to see " before and after" photos of male clients they were only able to produce two.
    I spent 20 years in the medical field (sales and marketing) dealing with professionals on both the nursing, administrative and physician level. Truly professional medical groups encourage you to take your time, do your research and even seek a second opinion before endulging in any elective surgery procedure. I encourage you to do the same.
    I think I'll table my vanity and go back to St. Augustine and sit through a "time share" pitch...at least there's no no danger of leaving with scars ! And who know's???? I might even get a free round of golf! LOL

anonymousconsumer Dec 29, 2009

I am so sorry y'all had to go through this toture. I appreciate your honesty. I don't have the money to waste nor want to walk around looking like Jack the Ripper had gotten to me. I will keep all of y'all in my prayers. I pray that these butcher shops get closed down. Thank you for keeping me from making a huge mistake.

• Bits Dec 29, 2009

There are some good doctors there, but please, as with any procedure, check him/her out w/ the American Plastic Board, The Osteopathis board, AMA, and your atate medical licensing board.
    When I had mine done, I never knew this was an option for me. I believed everything they told me.
    As far as the commercials, someone commented they haven't seen them lately.
    Try watching during the #1 rated soap opera, "the Young & Restless', '''The Glen Beck Show' on Fox and The hit show, "The Doctors'. They have an awesome marketing team.

Lorrita Jan 01, 2010

I had my face lift in 2008 and thats when the nightmare began. They did the procedure again in 2009 to fix the failures from the first procedure with the same effects. I had my eyes done and they had to do the procedure again and the results are terrible. This was the worse nightmare of my life. I would like to join a class action law suite against this company for false advertisement and the pain and suffering I went through. Please don't make the same mistakes that I have.

tonisentyou Jan 03, 2010

Wow! I saw their ad in the Sunday Parade-type magazine we get locally. Several years ago I had the "threadlift" (which sounds a lot like the Lifestyle Lift) done by Dr. Cynthia Boxrud of Santa Monica, CA. She did a terrific job! I look at least ten years younger. Dr. Boxrud has a conservative approach to plastic surgery and the result was very natural. I highly recommend her. Even if you have to travel, it's worth the extra time and expense to have your "work" done by an experienced professional.

• Bits Jan 03, 2010

You were lucky, Thank God...
    Happy New Year

• Tb
    T B Jan 13, 2010

The lifestyle lift doesn't last more than a year!! I paid $5000 for lift and neck, and it looks about the same now. It was painful afterwards for quite a few months and swelling behind the ears lasted months. I had to go to another doctor in Richmond for a cortizone shot behind one ear. I went to Dr. Dahiya in Reston. When I went back, he offered to
    redo my neck...but the thought of all that pain again so soon...I don't know.
    And it took more than a week for the swelling to go down on my face. I looked younger for a while, but now after a year, I wonder if that year was worth $5000!

Teresa

loriw2 Jan 15, 2010

I had the proceedure a year ago...now my face does not look much different then it did prior to the proceedure. Just after the proceedure I thought he should have taken a little more. Lunchtime...bogus lie. After you take a few relaxants (or whatever) the doctor comes in and he then proceeds to freeze your face...again and again and again. I sat there thinking ok..I can do this pain...but will it ever stop!!!The pills kicked in and I kept doozing through the proceedure listening to an assisstant...lift you chin, lift your chin, again and again and again...wont she just let me sleep so I dont have to feel or hear the liposuckion on my chin...what PAIN!...more demands to "lift your chin" and it felt like he was trying to pull all my skin from the right side of my face to the left side of my face...PLEASE hurry up!...AN HOUR...no...2 hours...half way...or however long into it...the assisstance says..lift your tongue...and puts another bloody pill under my tongue...oh my what next...now I have this terrible taste, my face is being pulled off and I am supposed to go back to work the following day...NOT LIKELY...I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS OFFICE IN NEW JERSEY OR ACTUALLY ANY LIFESTYLE LIFT...I came home and could not believe what was occurring to the left side of my neck and face as it was so badly bruised and guess what else...my mouth was not the same, he left more on the left side of my mouth...I found out I bruised so badly because the proceedure was completed to harshly or aggressively. (yes it was, I felt alot of the pulling and listened to the vacumn...yuck)
    (I had to go in to have the stitches out) I voiced my concern for my face and it was minimized.

I BELIEVE any ones negative experinece...they advertise they have this relaxing room and show you a room with a tv for you to recoup in...THEY forgot to say, when your finished the proceedure you will be led into this room and it will be filled with patients, you will be the only one wrapped up in gauze, dopy as heck and have to sit...by yourself...embarassed covering your face, with your daughter sitting away from you. WHAT A NIGHT MARE...and NOW a year later...my frown lines are back, I finally have feeling back in the left side of my face by my ear, the scar on my left side is way under the ear and shows ...a large pulled scar...

• Bits Jan 17, 2010

I know how you feel.. Three and a half yrs later, I am still in terrible pain, yet my earlobes are numb and behind my ears burn, feels like someone is tearing my ears off. I was lured into their Revolutionary NEW, hottest procedure sweeping the states. Go to luch after, back to work the next day.I thought it was a regualra clinic in which a plastic surgeon did his work. I had no idea it was a meat market, meeting their quotas for the week. Many Dr's are only board ELIGIBLE, as mine was, an ENT Dr.
    Their website claimed they were ALL board CERTIFIED w/ hospital affiliations. My Dr was fired & on medical probation/ monitored always. His idea of a revision after pulling dowm my ear& sewing it to my face was to do the same thing to the other side!!! That's a good doctor, huh?
    Everything told to me was misleading, dection& lies. To this day it hurts to hold a phone to my ears & I had it done in 2006. My job entailed being on the phone 80% of my day. What a joke!
    What type of sedative did you have?
    BTW, I reported the dr to the state medical boards& they interviewd the DR& his lawyer& determined it should go up to the medical board.
    Another LSL sister had something happen to her esophagus, developed a MRSA infection & was hospitilized many months. They were trying to get her stabilized enough to crack open her chest, like a By-Pass & repair it. She's been a very sick lady.
    You can read her story at Realself.com..
    Keep in touch & take care
    PS- pretty much after my swelling went down, so did my jowls.
    The biggest mistake of my life!!!
    After numerous complaints & begging them to say what they did to me, the DR never called me ONCE! What kinda Dr does that?
    When I went for my medical records, I was told it had to be checked by the Dr& sent to LEGAL before I could get them. I don't know about you, but when I go in for medical records, I've never been told, LEGAL has to check them 1st!

• Ha
    hattori Jan 23, 2010

Lifestyle Lift, a cosmetic surgery company, has reached a settlement with the State of New York over its attempts to fake positive consumer reviews on the Web, the New York attorney general’s office said Tuesday.

The company had ordered employees to pretend they were satisfied customers and write glowing reviews of its face-lift procedure on Web sites, according to the attorney general’s statement. Lifestyle Lift also created its own sites of face-lift reviews to appear as independent sources.

One e-mail message, discovered by the attorney general’s office, told employees to “devote the day to doing more postings on the Web as a satisfied client.”

The company will pay $300, 000 in penalties and costs to the state. It has also agreed to stop publishing anonymous reviews on Web sites in the voices of satisfied customers and to identify any content created by employees, the statement said.

Andrew M. Cuomo, New York’s attorney general, said in a statement that Lifestyle Lift’s “attempt to generate business by duping consumers was cynical, manipulative and illegal.”

False reviews have become more of a problem as more people rely on sites like Yelp, Amazon or Epinions to rate and learn about products and services.

Some review sites have grown so powerful that consumer reviews can make or break a new business. Lifestyle Lift, which is based in Troy, Mich., and operates 32 centers nationwide, believed that negative reviews had significantly hurt its reputation, the attorney general’s office said.

Lifestyle Lift said in a statement that it “regrets that earlier third-party Web site content did not always properly reflect and acknowledge patient comments or indicate that the content was provided by Lifestyle Lift.”

The livelihood of review sites depends on readers trusting their content; weeding out biased reviews from the sea of anonymous, user-generated submissions has been challenging.

“It’s an incredible violation of consumer trust and it’s a pernicious element of the Web that some companies have embraced this idea, under the guise of reputation management, ” said Thomas Seery, founder of RealSelf.com, a site on which he said Lifestyle Lift had posted misleading reviews.

D in Dallas Jan 31, 2010

WoW! I just watched the infomercial in Dallas (I was too lazy to get up and find the channel changer ) and became interested because I certainly could use a good facelift at 55. Thankfully we have the internet now and after reading these comments I would never try this. They make it look so easy and fast on tv. I just wanted to let everyone know that this played 1/31/10 on ABC morning Dallas. I hope all the victims go after them. BTW what are they asking for this procedure?
    D in Dallas

• Al
    allanremote Feb 15, 2010

WARNING! DON'T HAVE THIS SURGERY PERFORMED!

My surgery left me with scaring and loss of feeling in my face and both of my ears.
    I am in excellent health and have always healed very well until this surgery. It took a year to heal and I have pain where the sutures were placed in my face muscles.

This surgery WILL cause disfigurement and loss of feeling in most people.

I went to another surgeon to get a correction, however, the surgeon told me that it is very difficult to correct this procedure due to the way it is performed and the damage it causes. He said he would try for about 9 thousand dollars. He also said that all plastic and reconstructive surgeons know that this surgery has a 100% rate.

I wish we could find an attorney who would take the case against Life Style Lift but I have not heard of anyone that will. I talked to several attorneys who told me that the patient must have a reputable surgeon to testify about the surgery but no doctor will stand up against the Life Style Company.

Before I had my surgery I did a Google search, but I could not find any negative feedback on the surgery. Now there are plenty.

DO NOT HAVE THIS SURGERY.

[email protected]

• Al
    allanremote Feb 15, 2010

By the way. Life Style Lift was started by a couple of Attorneys looking for the quick buck. All the doctors are contractors and most you will never see again after the procedure.

This is truly a fly by night organization.

We need a brave attorney willing to challenge Life Style Life because the AMA won't.

They do not even need malpractice insurance because no one can sue them without a doctor to stand up against them and that's never going to happen.

What a mess we were led into.

• Co
    COLLEEN J Feb 26, 2010

Thank you all for your honesty and reliving your nitemare experince.
    I was going to have a consultion for this type of face lift and iam very happy i came accross
    this board of comments, I will pass along this info to anyone i know that is contenplating
    such procedure .Wishing you all well, sincerly>C.J

• Je
    Jennifer54 Mar 04, 2010

Did you hear about the woman who died at Lifestyle Lift near Boston? A major malpractice attorney here has taken the case for her family.

• Bits Mar 05, 2010

Yes, just today. I've even heard that LSL was shifting blame to the patient, saying she never disclosed a history of seizures. Since when did that stop them? They operated on women w. very high blood pressures. This is not the 1st death. There was one in FL, I heard

• St
    Stella Apple Mar 06, 2010

I was there when they were trying to interview the clinic in Burlington (they moved from Waltham) it was Dr. Alex who did the procedure where the poor woman died and they NEVER disclosed it to my friend who was having the procedure done. I had no idea this had happened or I wouldn't have taken her 100 miles near the place. I was shocked to find out this happened to this woman. I was asking the technician before my friend went in a few questions about her recovery time etc. and he called me and I quote "aggressive" I was stunned. I thought to myself, well this is her money, her face, her life, but I wouldn't go near this mill if it came free with a brand new car to boot! I thought they were uncaring and the first thing they said to my friend when she got there before they even said "good morning" was "do you have the balance due?" I couldn't believe she would trust these people, but she is a very easy person to sucker into things like this and went with another friend prior and put her deposit down. She kept questioning the whole "lunchtime/hour" thing and got no answers. She also said she felt comfortable with Dr. Alex and didn't know at the time he was involved in this woman's death (none of us did!). I can't believe they're still in business, she's in excruciating pain but she's doing okay, she just has a lot of prescriptions to take and lots of other creams and stuff they charge you for to help with your healing. I don't know, I wish she had done her due diligence because now I'm very nervous. The doctor has not called once to see how she is doing, just bring them in one door, cut them open and throw them out another!

I can't believe we have a problem with stem cell research and yet we allow these butcher shops to open up on every corner like a starbucks!

chuey Mar 10, 2010

I was contemplating this facelift but since reading the comments placed on the Internet I have decided against it. Thank all of you out there for being so honest. I pray for a speedy recovery for all of you as well as for the ultimate demise of this company.

ben.landser Mar 28, 2010

You had surgery. You ARE gonna have scars. And everybody heals differently; some people simply scar more. For this procedure, having an incision "only" behind the ears is a "small" procedure compared to traditional facelifts. I think people should be better informed that plastic surgery is not the hype it's been made up to be by the media; it's serious risks, there is a high chance for problems or complications, or bad results.
    How can your doctor not keep surgical records though...? That's a bit odd.

diane turner Mar 28, 2010

LSL makes it sound like "going through a drive thru for a burger"!! The doctors who are certified should be "outraged" that quacks like these are doing this kind of procedure with no certification!! There has to be doctors willing to step forward to protect their own specialized field instead of allowing "wanna be's" performing surgery!!

It makes all of us stop and wonder if anyone of us has a qualified doctor that treats us!! Doctors, you all need to UNITE and put these quacks under the jail!!

• Bits Mar 29, 2010

In the recent couple yrs, they have hired certified plast surgeons& some a re good, some bad. They have 40 centers & almost everyone has a comment such as yours. My Dr was a board ELIGIBLE ENT, no hopspital affiliations& basically on your own after the surgery which I was told would be a small incison. I was cut all the way around my ears into the back o my head.
    All I can advise you is to look online or call your states medical licensing board& ile a coplaint. I did.They are office surgical centers that don't have to be accredited by the states. So, the DR that works there answers to no-one. It's a scam, in my opinion...Filing a complaint is easy. Take pics of ypourself& explain what happened. Good Luck..
    They do not call you back when u call in w/ problems, nor do they log your calls& complaints, so keep notes. I know a couple in your LSL center that were messed up. EM mail& I'll ask them if they will talk to yo. I am sure they will. There are 2 dead now. So Sad!! Stay in touch

• Bits Mar 29, 2010

Ben.
    How can your doctor not keep surgical records though...? That's a bit odd.
    That's what I thought, but after emailing 100 bad LSL patients, they all say the same thing. I believe by them not logging calls, calling us back, no surgical reports, wehen we complain, they can say,
    Oh, She never called & complained!" Google LSL, see the complaints& fines for making their employees go onto a popular cosmetic websire to post great reviews, in order yo boost thei percentages there. It was like 72 against LSL& 19 in favor. Then the employees posted good reviews & thet went up dramatically. We all know it was happening, better yet the Atty. Gen. Of NY, knew iot too& fined them

• Mo
    [email protected] Mar 29, 2010

the surgery is done by trainees, most have little experience with the surgery itself, , , since there is no sedation, , they do not monitor the patients with typical OR monitoring devices, ,
    the Board Certified DOC's are ear nose and throat surgeons, they may take a fellowship and take a written exam after a one year training but have no hands on training, , , , that is where
    Lifestyle lift comes into play, , , namely it gives these newly trained surgeons some cases to
    PRACTICE ON, , that is why their procedure is cheaper TRAINEES NEED TRAINING is really their motto
    I do not know if the place was organized by lawyers, , , but their Malpractice Insurance Carrier
    is a AIG, , , , the company who almost when under

• Po
    pocono gal Mar 29, 2010

I've tired of stating complaints at various websites, to many TV reporters, and to anyone who might listen. This procedure is simply a HORROR. We tried to get a class action suit going, but have had no success.
    So I am scarred. In constant discomfort. And out $68OO. But hopefully someone reading this will be swayed to cancel a scheduled LSL, or tell a friend to "skip it", or not get involved with LSL butchers in the first place.
    I hope someone reading this will take my advice. DO NOT HAVE A LIFESTYLE LIFT!!!

• Bits Mar 30, 2010

I agree& very well said.I also want to add, check out your DR on your states' medical licensing website or call. Be sure they are certified in Facial Plastic Surgery by The AFPSB. You can type in these letters online to get the site. Also the AMA and the Amer. Plastic Surg. Board. Heck...Even go so far as asking the DR for his patient referrals& before and after pictures. IT IS YOUR FACE! Don't fall for the small fee, discounted if you sign NOW and all the other rhetoric. I know too many that are scarred and in horriffic pain for life. I also know of two deaths. It's worth a little homework.

GeorgeYangruinedmyface Apr 22, 2010

Not only does everyone have to be careful about NOT going to LifeStyle Lift but you should also worry about going to a surgeon who has worked for them. In my case I went to George C Wang who performs what he calls a Millennium Lift -- I only had the procedure done on the left side of my face -- and he BOTCHED THAT!! I now have an elongated ear that stretches into my face -- as in cheek -- I cannot wear earrings, cannot pull my hair back, cannot do a lot of things I used to do before the surgery. Additionally, I have had serious pain since he performed the procedure and have suffered both psychological as well as physical pain. Making matters worse, each time I went to Dr Yang he minimized my complaints. Just today 4/22/10 he told me (after giving me pre-op papers 2 weeks ago since he was supposed do FIX the botched surgery) that I did not need this surgery and should accept the way I look!!! So a word to all, do your homework because any doctor that has been trained by the LifeStyle Lify company and goes into their own practice – well…they still botch up and don’t care about you as a person. Stay away from George C Wang and his Millennium Lift!! -Sommers

GeorgeYangruinedmyface Apr 22, 2010

RESUBMITTING

The name is George C. Yang -- not Wang (sorry).

Not only does everyone have to be careful about NOT going to LifeStyle Lift but you should also worry about going to a surgeon who has worked for them. In my case I went to George C Yang who performs what he calls a Millennium Lift -- I only had the procedure done on the left side of my face -- and he BOTCHED THAT!! I now have an elongated ear that stretches into my face -- as in cheek -- I cannot wear earrings, cannot pull my hair back, cannot do a lot of things I used to do before the surgery. Additionally, I have had serious pain since he performed the procedure and have suffered both psychological as well as physical pain. Making matters worse, each time I went to Dr Yang he minimized my complaints. Just today 4/22/10 he told me (after giving me pre-op papers 2 weeks ago since he was supposed do FIX the botched surgery) that I did not need this surgery and should accept the way I look!!! So a word to all, do your homework because any doctor that has been trained by the LifeStyle Lify company and goes into their own practice – well…they still botch up and don’t care about you as a person. Stay away from George C Wang and his Millennium Lift!! -Sommers

• La
    LARA 51 May 04, 2010

Iam a 51 year old female and I just had lifestyle lift one month ago.The results? no change, I do look exactly the same with the only difference that, now I have serious scars behind my ears, my frustration is inmensly because I do not know what to do? who do you go to? to complaint, who is going to listen? I have to make a lot of sacrifices to be able to pay for this procedure that let me with scars and still numb both sides of my face and no results whatsoever!I do agree with everything that had been said above, and can relate with each one of those people.I'ts like these doctors can do whatever they want with no consecuences whatsover and get paid for for mistakes they constanly make;Can they be stop?.

• Bits May 04, 2010

Go to your states medical licensing bureau & file a complaint. It's a simple form. Take pictures and log everythime you called& what was said. Many of us have bad painful scars. Where do you live? I may be able to help w/ the link. I would ask the Dr who did it to try to minimize the scars at no cost to you. You can also email corporate at [email protected] . It's been my experience & to many that I've seen stories of, they promise & don't deliver. I'd give them a week and file a complaint if they don't help.
    Good Luck!

• Tr
    TravelNomad May 29, 2010

I can comment on what happened to me and it sounds like I was lucky I did not stay for the appointment. Like many of your comments, I have watched their commercials on late night TV

3 months I called right after one of the commercials aired. They told me they would have to call me back, this was early on a Saturday morning. A woman did call back and asked if I could come that afternoon.

I was quite surprised, as that was very quick. I was going to work in my office, but agreed to come. She set the appointmet up for 12:15pm. I did not realize I was NOT reaching the ACTUAL doctors office, but a call center.

Two hours later I was on my way to the appt, they definitely want to get you in and booked as soon as you call them. My guard should have been up I have never gotten a DR's appt that fast in my life...

I got to the office building, and was running through the hall to their office suite and ran into two ladies. They had just come out of the Lifestyle Lift office and had portfolios, with cds and forms that went flying all over.

I apologized, and one of them said, where's the fire. I said, I have an appointment at Lifestyle Lifts at 12:15pm and it is now 12:13pm. They both said, don't rush, we had to wait almost one hour past our appt time.

And judging by how full the waiting area is now, you will have at least 2 hours. And you will NEVER get to see the actual Doctor, you will see a sales person, who tries to get you to buy it today by offering a discount.

I said how much is this, since I had been to two REAL plastic surgeons open houses in the past few months and for a partial face lift, they wanted $7500 and $8000. I was floored when they replied $6300 before "discount"

I said, $6300, for thread lifting part of your face and only lasting one hour. I said, they must charge different prices around the country. My friend in Ohio had this done about 5 years ago and it was more like $3000.

I then left them and walked in. There were over TWELVE unhappy older women waiting, not enough seating, so 3 or 4 were standing. There was a stale air in the office and nobody was saying a word..

Except, the very pretty Asian Receptionist, behind a counter, on the telephone for a good 5 minutes, and never even acknowledged I was standing there. I have a feeling this happens there a lot..

She kept talking. taking more appointments from the home office for that same day, mind you. Where were all these possible customers going to sit The lobby was already packed

Then she looks up, with a polite but resigned look, as I tell her I am there for my 12:15 appointment on time, are they ready for me. She gave me the fish eye, as if to say, you are joking, right.

She replies at least 90 minutes or longer we have all these clients ahead of you We were given too many appointments today. And I thought to myself, You probably always overbook, you as many of us to buy.

I said, a two hour wait and then another 30 minutes or so for the appointment, and I don't even meet the actual doctor, no can do, can I have some info to take with me,

No she says, you have to have the consultation first. (Meaning I guess, this whole appt is just for selling you this procedure, not talking with any Medical Professional like the DOCTOR.

I said you can't give me prices or anything. She said No. Then I said, can you reshedule me for the first appt on a weekday morning. She replied no, you have to call the 800 back. I am not allowed to make appointments.

Since I am in sales myself, this certainly seems crazy to let a potential customer walk away with out any info or any rescheduling. Their call center called me back about 8 times since, and I have NOT replied.

After reading these comments, I doubt I ever will. Thank you ladies for saving me a lot of pain, it sounds like!

PS After leaving that office, I went for lunch and had a martini. I needed it...

texaslady1 Jun 05, 2010

I was considering the Lifestyle Lift - but no longer after reading your comments. If any of you charged this procedure to a credit card, you can dispute the charges on most. You can have the charges removed if you "PAID FOR A SERVICE YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE." You will need to fill out a dispute form, send before and after pictures accompanied by the receipt of payment. I have used this method twice with good results. (I use Citi-bank Master Card) Chase also offers this resolution. I know you would rather have your face back but getting your money back might be of some small consolation.

getthemback Aug 04, 2010

WOW... All I can say is wow... I have been reading all the stories. I am left feeling real bad for all you people. All of the people you blog too, had such a nightmare with this. I'm thinking, that's why you ALL came here to warn others. I would suggest a HUGE way of getting the story out there. Put some video together and put it on CNN iReport. (Anyone can do it). If CNN likes the story, it can get vetted. Meaning it would be on the "CNN World News Report". That's what you want! You would most likely have a drove of Lawyers wanting to open a class action law suit for you. If you want to clean up the bad practice.

Feeling bad for you all

SHELL57 Aug 14, 2010

I HAD A LIFESTYLE LIFT JAN. 20TH 2010. MY EARS ARE STILL NUMB AND HURT A LOT. I WOULD NOT HAVE THIS PROCEDURE IF I WERE YOU, NOTHING THEY SAID TO ME OR DID TO ME WAS WHAT I ENDED UP WITH. I FEEL SO VIOLATED AND DECEIVED. I GUESS ALL THAT IS MISSING FROM THEM IS A KICK IN THE HEAD.

• We
    wesbjack Sep 06, 2010

The procedure of just pulling back skin and re-sewing it is a type of facelift that went out in the 60's or so. Today they can notch the muscle to the bone and other procedures that enhance the look...lasts longer too. Having had a temporal lift and the eylelids, I can tell you from experience that I would never consider something like this without full anasthesia----for reasons whichh should be clear to anyone.
    These people are running full page ads in the New York Times Sunday magazine and presumably other "high end" publications. Buyer beware!

• Cr
    crissy0306 Sep 11, 2010

I had my procedure done in may and believe me I wish I had checked it out first. I had the worst pain and swelling I have ever seen. I did everything by the book and was told was a piece of cake, to bad it was a really bad cake. I have scars and face is numb and feels like nerves were damaged. Biggest down fall is I have eyes that are very painful. My eye lids droop and don't close so makes my eyes very dry. Have been going to the eye dr. for a couple weeks, trying all kinds of ointments and drops and nothing helps. Dr advised me that I may need eyelid surgery. I wish I had just let nature do its thing with me as now it is like I have sand in my eyes 24-7, am hoping I don't have to put up with this the rest of my life. I had my procedure done in Atlanta as was the closest to my home in Alabama, what a sales pitch!!!
    Please do your research before you have this done. I wish I had and I will sue if I can get some help

• St
    starbuckslover Feb 02, 2011

Thank you Thank you Thank you all for writing about your stories... I started to look into this Lifestyle Lift and of course like any wish women I went to the Better Business Bueau web site and to my amazment they have a rating of a B+ so how bad could they be until I googled and found all of you... Please Ladies and gentlemen please we need to hear you but even better please report this to www.bbb.org They will investigate and report them and close them down. I'm so sorry this has happened to any of you but Please have your voice be heard so it won't happen to any more of us... REPORT TO WHERE IT IS HEARD... Thank you And God's healing

• Gd
    G Davie Feb 12, 2011

I would like very much to join a Class Action lawsuit. I too have had a terrible expieriance with Lifestyle Lift. I paid over $9, 000 in San Diego to have the works. First of all it took me months to heal( It has been 6 months now) and I still have alot of lumps on my neck, large scars behind my ears and what I can only describe as large lines or wrinkles that are very noticible on my neck. I had the "Platt" done as part of the surgery. This was supposed to keep me from ever having a "turkey neck". When I showed the lines to Dr. Goshen who did the surgery he said I had a Neorological problem and it was not something he could fix. I scheduled an appointment with a Neorosurgeon and he told me (without knowing I had surgery to tighten the Platt) That the line were caused by the Platt. When I went back to Lifestyle lift and was told there was nothing they could do. I have asked for a refund but I doubt I get it. I have been back to them several times since the surgery complaining about the results and all anyone says is "You look great!" I can see ! Its like they are telling me it is sunny outside and I can see the rain!!! It is so frustrating! Everyone I know has told me they can see the terribble results so I know its not just me!!! If someone out there knows of a Malpractive Attorney Please let me know!

Jorge S Feb 13, 2011

All I can say is, thank God for the Internet. Before the Internet, we would not have all this feedback to help in our decision. I wouldn't have anything to do with Lifestyle Lift after reading all the complaints.

Jorge S Feb 13, 2011

All I can say is thank God for the Internet. What would we have done twenty years ago? I must be difficult these days to run a scam.

Bearsvilleq Feb 27, 2011

Need I say more?

Bearsvilleq Feb 27, 2011

What else is there to say? Pictures don't lie

marjo Mar 05, 2011

Wow! I am extremely sorry to hear about all of the horrible experiences that you all have had. If it makes you feel any better, your being brave enough and thoughtful enough to post your experiences have, IN FACT, resulted in preventing at least one person, myself, from going down the same regretful path that you all have gone down in now having gotten this LSL procedure. Therefore, your experiences have not totally been in vain as you have contributed to stopping someone else from making a terrible mistake in their life.

I really thank you all VERY much for having posted your experiences.

• Ju
    june hearn May 24, 2011

I had a lifestyle lift and a full face laser On Feb 23, 2011 and after 12 weeks I am still red and blotchy. It is still burning, They say the redness last 2-3 weeks. What a LIE

• Ca
    Carol G. Jun 16, 2011

I had a complete face and forehead lift 18 years ago by one of the top BOARD CERTIFIED plastic surgeons in San Francisco. I stayed overnight in his operating facility associated with California Pacific Medical Center and had a nurse with me to tend to me (I paid for this but it was worth it!). I had NO COMPLICATIONS and very little pain. I am now 71 but look 50ish and don't have a "wind tunnel" appearance. I love the way I look. I would NEVER try this Life Style Lift. Buy cheap and you get cheap! Never take chances with doubtful medical people!! It's your face for goodness sake!

• Bb
    bb3217 Sep 27, 2011

do not do it please. i now have to have a second revision since the first made things worse. now i have bad scaring around my ears. so i go from an ageing face complex to a scared face that is appearent i had something done.

• Ro
    roadwarrior 2 Oct 25, 2011

The info really helped, it changed my mind .Thank you for your honesty

Janet F. cav Nov 03, 2011

Just don't do it! Older looking people are beautiful too! I'm a grandma and I see some wrinkles and a little under the chin sag but so be it!
    We are who we are! JUST SAY NO TO LIFESTYLE LIFTS!!!

Pat Phillips May 17, 2012

Had my Life Style Lift, in January 2011 in Beverly Hills, CA. I saved for a couple of years for the lift. Worst!! nightmare of my life.
    Felt a burn on my face a couple of times, felt the cutting of skin and I ended up shaking so bad I couldn't finish with my (free laser treatment to my face, had to stop. The doctor who did the surgery I never got to see afterwards as he started working at a different facility. My chin bandage was to tight and went through a lot of pain afterwards during the healing and left ridges on my face that stayed for months afterwards. Also during the 2 weeks of healing and sleeping in a recliner and I called for advice I was told so many contradictory things didn't know what to really do. The really terrible part is, it didn't work and think my jowls look worse than before. Yes I have all the scars on the front and back of my ears, pretty sad. All three of my daughters wanted me to sue but how can you (they are protected). Please don't waste your money and if need be pay a lot more and have it done by an experienced Plastic Surgeon. I wish I had.

• Su
    Sue Knight 57 Aug 12, 2012

Went thru so much pain & many follow-ups only to have 1 ear sewn to my face, very bad scarring from the thread used to do an eye lift. Now, my eyes are all bunched together near the tear ducts. Looks horrible! Never had that problem before surgery much less my ear being sewn to my face. As far as a lower face lift, well BAD SCARRING is all I can say. I won't get it fixed because of the fear of any Dr. Can't get over my nightmares of PAIN, TORTURE & THE SMELL OF YOUR SKIN BURNING! My whole face has something wrong in every area they worked. Went back for redo's 3xs but couldn't take it anymore. Oh, and they never could find my file everytime I went it disappeared huh!
    Dr. Kim does a chop shop job & doesn't care if you're in pain-just keeps saying "I'm almost done" while I'm crying my heart out from pain. Wonder how he'd feel if he was in my shoes!!! Messed up for life!

Shish Sep 13, 2012

OMG, I am so thankful for your stories. I was all ready to make my appointment after talking with the "car salesperson." I thought, well I will just research this a bit...thank goodness I did!!! I am so sorry for all of your unfortunate experiences but you are saving many others the horror of disfigurement and pain!

Shish Sep 13, 2012

OMG...so glad I read these experiences! I was ready to make my appointment after talking to their "car salesperson" but thought probably I should do a little research first! Wow, I am so glad that I did!!! i am so sorry for all of you that have had these torturous experiences and now have to live with disfigurement and pain...but thank you so much for sharing your stories! I will not be a client of LSL.

Shish Sep 13, 2012

Sorry my responses were submitted twice...first one I hadn't signed up and thought it didn't post.

Kathy Barlow Dec 13, 2012

Lifestyle Lift has sued me for a cashier's check that they said they "lost" because they performed the surgery within 72 hours of receiving the check. What they really wanted was another check with a different date on it. Needless to say, they didn't get it. It didn't matter to them that they failed to take certain precautions and do pre-op procedures one week before the procedure began such as avoiding blood thinners, etc. It is obvious that they don't care if you bleed to death as long as they get their money. You already know the experience I had. It is the same as all the others. The procedure didn't take an hour, I couldn't return back to work in a week. They didn't even follow their own pre-op procedures. I have permanent nerve damage as a result of their botched job. The pain is excruciating. I lost my job because they claim I could return to work the following Thursday. They overcharged me for the procedure. They wouldn't give me a copy of the contract required by law because they knew it would bury them. They actually refused my document subpoena. They are also in violation of the Consumer Protection Act and the Fair Trade Practices Act. PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS. You can find the application on-line. We can protect others from the same fate.

Loralaey Dec 05, 2013

Well, I was thinking about doing the Lifestyle face lift. I called them, they sent me their brochure, and a very friendly lady talked to me by phone, and tried to convince me to go for a consultation in Denver, CO. I was saving the money to go and do it, but thank God that I came in to this page, and read your reviews, and what has happened to you. I changed my mind, and I am so sorry for what happened to all of you, and hope that somehow you all get better. You all have save me from a disaster. God Bless!

Paula Cramer Jul 21, 2014

I had a eye lift upper and lower, brow lift and refraction all laser done. The results were. Terrible. It was like nothing was done. A thread lift. What a joke. It is not worth the money. I would like to join the class action suit. The trauma I went through and they never got it right.

• Mo
    M. Ouellet May 06, 2016

I had a life style lift done on, 1-22-14 .
    The worst day of my life . The doctor showed up 5 hours late and he was already very agitated . There were two patients before me. I wash is last . The procedure was excruciatingly painful and sloppy.
    The entire time the doctor ( Robert S. Kagan from Elk Grove Village Illinois ) was so leaning so close to me he was pressing against my chest and I can smell his awful breath . I had to stop him because I couldn't breathe . The pain was so horrible and I could smell my flesh burning as he cut with a hot knife . The entire procedure lasted about 1 hour but it was the longest hour of my life . I still have nightmares about my experience. I really think I suffer from post traumatic injury . Plus I have horrible hypertrophic scars . It looks like my face was seen back on . It hurts and doesn't feel natural anymore . The biggest regret of my life . How can these butchers get away with the harm the inflicted on so many patients ? The patients should at least be compensated for what they paid to have their lives ruined . The face isn't something you can hide . This is a permanent injury which lasts for life . There must be justice for each and every patient who suffered emotional and physical trauma and even death .

• De
    Depressed About It Jun 22, 2016

When I went for my consultation for Life Style Life, it all seemed very wonderful without an actual facelift surgery. I would finally be able to get rid of my acne scars, my "jowls" would be gone, etc. To my horror, I woke up during the procedure to EXTREME pain. I was screaming and crying but couldn't see (they had something in my eyes). I could smell my flesh burning and I could feel it as well as they used their lasers. I could also hear the squishing of skin on my left side as they were pulling my skin before they stitched me up. My husband and son stood in horror as I entered the room. They told my son he looked like he was seeing a ghost. I was told I would heal in 7-10 days. NOT!!! It took months. My skin is now dry and dimpled. My acne scars are still here and so are my jowls. I am numb beside my ears. I have horrific scars behind my ears. I can't wear earrings long and I cannot keep my contacts in for long either. I tried to contact them and left e-mail after e-mail with no response. Now they are taking me to court.

• Go
    Googlylane Dec 16, 2016

I gave lifestyle lift a deposit of 500.00. I never had surgery. They went under and I never knew it and I never got my deposit back.

Charlotte R. Mar 28, 2017

I went to Lifestyle Lift about 3 years ago. On the face procedure, I woke up in the hospital 3 days later and didn't remember ANYTHING I'd done for the past 3 days! The "Dr" had over injected me and I simply couldn't wake up! But, they still let me pay for everything! LOL. I just stay away from places like this. They are not what they are cracked up to be and my face is right back where I started + plus some from where I started! :-(. This location was in Kenwood, OH. They have since closed, but I got a letter from that Dr. telling where he'd gone and please come see them at their new location. Right! Hold your breath and wait for me to show up! LOL. I suggest going to a REAL plastic surgeon. You don't always get what you pay for. Sometimes you pay a lot and get a lot less! BEWARE!!!

Lifestyle Lift Doctor

Three weeks ago, I scheduled for a Liftstyle Lift in Manhattan. I met with Dr. Konstantin prior to surgery. He said he can improve my appearance and make me look younger. Mind you, I am in my late thirties. Most of the people I saw in the waiting room were much older, probably in their 60's or 70's. I felt so out of place. I had doubts about this procedure because I was afraid of having scars on my face. And my teenage daughter told me not to do it. She said I just need to lose some weight.
I couldn't sleep the night before my surgery. When I came in for the procedure the next day, I was really nervous. The technician took my blood pressure. When she was about to medicated me with valium, I told her " I am having second thoughts about this procedure." She said she will have the doctor talk to me. Boy oh Boy, this is when I truly know the ugly side of Dr. Konstantin. I said " I don't think I'm ready for this procedure. I am really nervous. I don't want to have scars on my face." He said "Don't be nervous, I'm going to give valium to relax you. Its going to be a small incision around your ear. You wont have scarring" He kept insisting me to take the valium. How can he promise no scarring on my face?? I said "My daughter thinks I don't need to have this procedure. I just need to lose some weight. Her opinion is important to me" He said "Nobody NEEDS to have this procedure, if they want to they can die ugly!! You're an adult, why are you asking your daughter for opinions." OMFG, I can't believe how rude and disrespectful he was. At that point, I just wanted my money back and walk out of there. This doctor is crazy and greedy. He then makes me feel guilty that I wasted his time. He could have had someone else do the surgery right now.
This just shows that Lifestyle Lift is a money hungry corporations who don't give a ### about their patients. They only care about our money. I am one of the few fortunate people who got their deposits back. I would not recommend ANYONE to Lifestyle Lift, especially this nasty doctor.

abirdsbrain Jun 10, 2009

Be glad that you got away and are not wearing a LSL face forever. Some women complain that they have no results except for the leftover scars around the ears and behind, pain behind the ears, not being able to use the phone, wear earrings, sleep on side, shooting pain in and around ears and neck. Just the shock of being stabbed in the face with multiple needles is so overwhelming, there is nothing that can prepare you for this kind of surgery. They do not give you enough meds to make the procedure remotely tolerable and to top it off, about 15 minutes after you take the valium, here they come with the needles. Screaming comes to mind, but your brain will not let a sound emit from your lips. The horror of the smell of my own flesh burning, outrageous some say, but oh so true. Potential LSL wannabes, don't do it. Spend another couple hundred dollars and opt to be put to sleep. And as the Former Employee has stated, they have a quota to make everyday so mistakes are going to be made. Look at realself.com and informercialscams.com. That will scare the pants off of you.

Katherine Novas Jul 16, 2009

Im reading all of this coments and Im really surprise about it, I have the procedure done with them about a year ago, and I think the opposite, I went with the idea to fix my neck, face and also eyes, and I felt very good because they said that I dont need to have my eyes done, just the lift, so if they are like you say 'sellers', why they didnt try to sell me that?, and beside that Im very confortable about the procedure, im much better than before, and the most important thing I look natural, Ima woman with 58 years old so I was not expecting to be 20 just to look a little better.

abirdsbrain Aug 03, 2009

I am glad that your lift went well for you, but as many doctors have stated at realself.com under the Q&A section, this lift is a throwback from the late 60's and early 70's and doctors quickly discarded this procedure. You were very lucky. This lift works for approximately 10-15% of the population. I am glad that the lift worked for you -- I would not wish what I had to go through on my worst enemy. Not only has Lifestyle Lift been slapped with a $300, 000 penalty from the State of NY (7/09) for cyber posting (people pretending to be patients and with only good results), there is another suit on the horizon which will be public soon. I too never expected to look 20. But I did not expect for my eyes to be cut differently, out of the crease of my eyes and for my ears to become much longer, pointy and to hurt constantly. A condition called pixie ear. The truth of the matter is, LSL uses laypeople to sell the procedure. Why would you not meet the doctor before the procedure, not the day of the procedure and handed documents to sign after you have been medicated? Questionable tactics. I hope you continued success with your lift. I am not mad at women who have good results, exactly the opposite. But, with a printed one year guarantee printed right in the brochure and to be told that I looked great each and every time I showed up to the follow-ups when they knew they were only stalling me, is that part of the hypocritical oath of "to do no harm"? Truth of the matter is, I should have been told up front that the surgery is not what I needed. I wound up with more wrinkles after the procedure than before. Want to see my before and after photos? Go to realself.com and look up my bio using my name, chrystaleckes.

abirdsbrain Aug 03, 2009

Anyone that has had a bad LSL experience and needs help please contact: 1-888-LSL-SUIT. This is the new 24/7 call center number for LSL Men & Women who have had problems and would like their voice to be heard!

abirdsbrain Nov 14, 2009

The 1-888 number for some reason is not working. Anyone wanting the name of the person to contact, please email me thru the complaints board. Thanks,

• Ca
    Calif. gal Dec 08, 2009

I had a unexperienced Dr. in Nashville, I contacted them and they agreed to redo my procedure. Dr. A is a wonderful experienced Dr. that they have now. I recommend him and my procedure came out great and I look twenty years younger ! If you had a bad experience before Dr. A arrived call and talk to them, you will be very happy you did.

PatriciaB Feb 22, 2010

I haven't had a lifestyle lift and haven't even done much research on it. However, I have a real problem with an ### who would schedule any procedure with any professional, and then have their second thoughts after the procedure started and equipment, space and personnel resources were committed, and then expect ALL their money back like Ana. Take some responsibility for your own actions.

• Re
    realitynotfantasy May 21, 2010

We are a society of people that is full of complaints, oftentimes malicious, because we didn't get something we wanted. Such procedures, any cosmetic procedures, are not without risks. For every unsatisfactory surgery result, the same doctor probably performed hundreds of successful procedures. Many factors contribute to how things will turn out. Stop complaining and focus on what are the real issues...our own insecurities, lack of self-esteem, lack of exercise, poor diet, overexposure to sun, smoking, drinking, etc. For heaven's sake, every other person inAmerica is on antidepressive/anxiety meds. Take control of your own lives, without blaming everybody else for your dissatisfaction. Just my opinion.

• Th
    Thinkb4uact Aug 06, 2010

I'm in my late 30's and am trying to decide what I should do...age gracefully- exercise, diet, etc...or take advantage of the options my Mother didn't have. The last thing I want to is look in the mirror and cry every time I look at a botched job...LifeStyle lift does claim there is almost no downtime but in all the research I've done thus far- everyone says that's far from true...about 2 weeks of bruising/swelling and pain. I wish I knew someone personally who has gone through the procedure. I feel the same however as Reality- we cannot think of plastic surgery the same as buying a pair of shoes- it's a big decision and you have to spend a lot of time researching your doctor and having numerous consultations. If it takes talking with the doctor 4 or 5 times before making a decision- do it. Be 100% sure before saying yes.

• Li
    liveyloo Jan 22, 2011

I know two people who had this done over a year ago and they have been suffering ever since. It was an assembly line, The scars they still have and the pain around the ears are terrible. If I could, I would stand outside their door and beg people to reconsider. After watching what they went through and are still going through I wouldn't care if I had bags of fat under my chin, I wouldn't let them take that away and leave those awful scars behind and the pain that still goes with it. I think the 'after shots' should be close ups of the ear (all around the ear). The scars are the whole length of the front of the ear.
    People have this procedure done because of low self esteem and BELIEVE the commercials. Nothing is as it seems. As they say "if if seems too good to be true----it probably isn't". In this case, run away, far far away from Lifestyle Lift.

• Li
    liveyloo Jan 22, 2011

I agree with Thinkb4uact. Please read the BBB and the complaints about LSL before going in there and believing what they say about how quick and easy it is. Although it is a lot of money, the major concern is the 'excrutiating pain' you'll have for a long time and the scars you'll have for life. Unless you like wearing your hair close to your face to hide the scars and not wear your hair up because the scars show behind your ears too, DON'T do it... If you feel/look that bad before going in and determined to have something done, go to a reputable cosmetic surgeon that you have checked out thoroughly and not to LSF where thay have a quota so they 'slice n dice' and then call "NEXT"...

Notal Feb 17, 2011

I was really contemplating having this done...going to be 62 and all, but this is some scary sh*t. I did not imagine any of what I have read from listening to the commercials. They make it sound like this is an ALTERNATIVE to surgery. I think I will take the advise of those who have seen this first hand. It's always a good idea to take responsability for one's own health and wellbeing. Having taken a second look...I look pretty darn good for my age, thank God. I think I'm nixing this whole idea. Thanx All.

Kasamaya3 Feb 23, 2017

@Notal Too bad Notal. I had a Lifestyle Lift several years ago and it was wonderful. Nothing scary about it...absolutely NO scarring. The results are guaranteed for 5 years. It is now about 8 years since I had my procedure. I am now going to book another. You missed out Notal. However, you can still change your mind

• Ta
    tangonut May 08, 2012

I just had a LTS procedure-it was difficult at first, as I had nausea to the medication given during the procedure.I am also have sensitive skin, and am 62 years old.However, after 2 months, and cetainly some discomfort from the nerve pain and skin healing, I look way younger than I ever expected, and have added improvements in areas I was not focussing on.It has opened up my entire face, eyes, and mouth crease areas.The doctor was very skilled.
    Some of the articles here seem exaggerated.
    The one beef I have is the quality of pre and post care, and the overall state of cleanliness there.They are so busy from the response to the advertising, that you become a number...there is no personal attention.
    I would suggest that anyone contemplating this procedure should thoroughly go into ALL the details first, then take some time to make a decision, so that you are sure.

False Advertising

The informercial for Life Style Lift is a lie. They advertise a "new procedure" which takes only about an hour for drastic results. They equate the "procedure" with "going to the dentist" and they make out that you can return to work "in a few days" and even show a woman going out to lunch afterward. What they are really selling is a partial face lift without putting you under. You feel them cutting you with a scalpel, doing surgery on you with only a local anesthetic. You feel the tugging and pressure, and smell your own flesh burning as they cauterize. Afterward you are radically pressure bandaged, swollen and bruised with dark black sutchers. You are pretty much out of commission, looking and feeling horrid for a month or more. The scarring is terrible, the trauma stays with you. AVOID THIS COMPANY. If you've had this procedure, contact me to learn more about a possible lawsuit.

McKennA Mar 22, 2009

I had the LSL in Dec of 07 and have numbing, itching, and the jowls are letting go and coming back. They are the primary false advertisers in the country. If you read this, file a complaint with your state med. board, complain to gloria allred, attorney, and file a complaint with the Federal Trade commission. PLEASE.`

Anonymous Mar 31, 2009

I had the LSL last month. Im still in so much pain. My face is very hard and numb. I had so much bleeding and the dr told me i have a hematoma. I kept going back to the dr for more drainage. It was a nightmare.
    I went in there thinking its a small procedure with a small incision and I'll be looking years younger within an hr. The consultant lied to me. They said I could go back to work in three days. Let me tell you, I was laying on my back for more than three hours. I felt the pulling, pressure and the smell of my skin burning. At one point during the surgery, the dr walked out of the room!! I can't believe this!!!
    I had it done in Manhattan. I would never recommend Dr. Konstantin to anyone!!! He is very rude and nasty. He talks to me like I know nothing at all. He has very poor bedside manner. I regret doing this procedure

• Ki
    Kimberly May 10, 2009

Ok, I guess it is of some interest to report all bad news, but the truth is, that experience varies by patient, doctor, pain tolerance and compliance to after care. It is now Sunday evening, and I had the procedure Friday afternoon. I have had minimal bruising (I ate the recommended 2 cups of fresh pineapple a day starting a week before surgery) and my pain...well it has hurt at times, especially when I nod off to sleep and don't take my pain meds for a few hours. I am swollen around the ears, but no where else. They gave me steroids to reduce swelling, antibiotcs to guard against infection, nausea meds (have not needed), pain meds, and a head wrap. I will continue to follow up on my progress if anyone is interested. I can already see the improvement, even with the swelling, my jaw looks tighter and my cheekbones are more visible. I am not suggesting that sharing info isn't healthy...just want those of you considering it, to understand that if everyone had the experiences suggested above, they wouldn't stay in business long. It is a business, don't be mis-led...it is not a necessary procedure...but for me, the discomfort after the procedure and the anxiety before were well worth it.

• Cd
    cde Jun 05, 2009

I am a former employee, and that company is all about money! They don't care about the patients, the results or even the safety they just want your money! Don't go there!

• Br
    brooklyngirl Aug 02, 2009

i had the lsl 4/23/08, i look the same, i felt them cut me, my flesh burning, they cut my ear and then glued it back together. i ma trying to get my money back and the finance company doctors financial is even worse.

• Br
    brooklyngirl Aug 02, 2009

i had the lsl 4/23/08, i felt them cut me, mu flesh burning, they shaved part of my hair, they cut my ear then glued it back. the financial company doctors financial is even worse, i want my moneyback, i passed out the next day and only saw the dr one time.

McKen58 Aug 08, 2009

To those of you who feel as though you have been cheated or lied to...please find out about the lawsuit. 1-888-LSL-Suit.

Too Late Aug 14, 2009

I had LSL about 16 days ago an I know it's early but I have had a very bad time. I have developed large scars behide my ears that the doctor can't explain they look like scabs from burns. I have had to go back 5 times to have a large knot on my neck drained. My face is lumpy and hard.
    I am scared.

Teresa Lampley Aug 16, 2009

I am 51 years old and have been wanting a lsl for awhile now. My mom (70) went with me to talk to the doctor, view the video and such. They all seemed so nice. They make it out to be great. After reading these complaints I am scared to do it. I DID have my hair dresser tell me one of her clients came in after having it done and was having to have more surgery to correct problems. She had already had 3 surgerys and the initial one was 6mos ago. The didn't shave the back of her neck and when they sewed her up, hair was inside and got infected. She has bad scars too. Now I'm rethinking this procedure and I hope the best for all of you!

• Du
    dumpling Aug 30, 2009

I contracted to have a Life Style Lift in 2006, but postponed it many times for several reasons. ( mostly fear)
    I was going to lose my substantial deposit or have to sign a new contract for a much higher price, so I decided to
    have the procedure done. I'm 62, overweight and had a huge double chin, partly from inheritance and partly
    from too much weight. I think the procedure went well. It took almost two hours, because I had liposuction. It
    hurt at times, but not too bad. It was done six weeks ago and I'm concerned that I seem to have some hard fat
    deposits on the right side only that are still apparent.. I think it is fat the doctor did not remove. The physician assistant told me that
    the bumps were just muscle, but the doctor told me to rub them often to keep them soft and they will dissopate
    by the end of twelve weeks. He wouldn't really say that it was fat deposits, but didn't tell me the consistancy of the bumps.
    Basically I look much better. The stitches around the ears were the most painful. I think I was prepared fairly well,
    I'm just concerned about whether or not the bumps are going away in six more weeks.

• Jr
    jrickless Sep 01, 2009

ANYONE WHO KNOW A LAWYER WHO WILL HELP ME WITH A MALPRATCIE SUIT PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

• Ht
    Htexbb Sep 02, 2009

We went yesterday for the free consultation in Tampa. The thing that bothered us the most was the high pressure selling and the "discount" if you sign today. When they saw I was not going to sign at that moment, they lost all interest in me and started pressuring my friend. We called them this morning and was prepared to do this. After reading these complaints and I know there is always good and bad - I am re-thinking this and will go to a regular plastic surgeon. If there were only a few complaints I wouldn't think to much about it but these are pretty serious complaints. I don't know if it is because people didn't follow the Dr's instructions or what. I'm just a bit nervous.

shebert Sep 08, 2009

Lifestyle lift settled a $300, 000 lawsuit in July with the State of New York for "astroturfing." Read more at consumeraffairs.com

beth Florida Oct 20, 2009

I just made an appointment for my consultation. Upon hanging up the phone with them, I checked for complaints and came across this site. I will call them back and cancel RIGHT NOW! Thank you for the warnings!

• Me
    megareel Dec 29, 2009

Thank you very much for the warning. I was going to get it for my mom, who is 70 years old.

Gawle Jan 10, 2010

Myself, daughter and son had the procedure and all are very unhappy...look the same as before. We all were told they would re do us, my daughter and myself refused but my son had the second procedure he is still unhappy. I turned out local TV station on to these people and we just had an interview with them Friday. The story will air next month (FEB) I am still after these people for lying and taking you money without giving you what you are paying for I paid $6, 350 to get my chin tighten and it still looks the same. I have to go to a plastic surgeon to fix it the way it should be. I am still trying to get my money back.Please do not go to these false adverting people pay a little more and go to a real plastic surgeon. You can email me if you [email protected]

• Gl
    glorybe Feb 08, 2010

I am supposed to be going on March 18th, I am now even more scared than I was. I think I'll forfeit
    the $400 deposit and back out. The girl who interviewed us was so thorough and believable and the
    Doctor she appointed for my friend and myself comes with high credentials and is supposed to be
    the "head" of it all. This is in Burlington Ma. I wish they had people you could talk to who had had the
    procedure performed, that''s what is needed. I'm going to talk to my girlfriend and rethink all of this.
    Thank you to all of you for posting your complaints. We also noted the the hurried way in which they
    wanted to book us and take the deposit, just not right. Too bad, we all want to believe, like they say if
    it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
    Glorybe

• Gl
    gliesy Feb 19, 2010

Today I went for a free consultation in the Burlington, Mass. office, it sounded so great so I put down a four hundred dollar deposit. The women whom I talked to told me the Dr. has high credentials. I also noticed she seemed liked she rushed me into the deposit, which I was a little skeptical of. Now that I read these reviews I don't think I'll be getting this done, too scary!!

Gawle Apr 01, 2010

Anyone out there from Florida that has had the procedure form LifeStyle Lifts and not happy, please email me at [email protected] I need you for a story I am working on.

• Ly
    LYDIA617 Aug 22, 2011

All i have to say is their customer service skills suxed and the dr on call when you had a question after hours was rude and it seem like your call was a brother . They nevered mention to my mother that she will have bad scars behind the ears my mother also told me she felt them cutting her and pulling and tugging she almost felt like she was shoking...Would never recommended it nobody...FOR THE MONEY YOU PAY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU RECIEVE AND ALL THE 'SUGAR CODING" AS SOME PEOPLE WOULD SAY ITS NOT WORTH IT.

Marie Rosen Jun 15, 2016

I put down a 600.00 deposit down and the day of the procedure the doctor told me life style lift had gone bankrupt, I asked the doctor to pay me back and he said life style lift would have to pay me back. I have called more than twenty times with no response. Now the phone number is out of order. I want my money back! ASAP! Is there an attorney already taking on this case?

No results, no difference

They charged thousand of dollars to cut me up leaving horrible scars behing my ears. Thank god they are not that visible. Nonetheless, the results were none. They falsy advertize that you can look 10 years younger and more. They show you these woman full of make-up. Anybody can look like a million bucks with the right make-up. The fact is my face looks the same, in fact my face is sagging even more, and the results are suppose to last 10 years. They refused to refund my money. Money that I might as well have thrown in the garbage. If there is anybody with the same experience please let me know what we can dol

Dina Feb 10, 2009

I also went to the Palo Alto clinic and paid $8, 000.00 and was there from 6:30 am to 3:30 p m. for two proceedures. That was Oct.29.08. I still have extreme pain and itching in front and back of my ears. Also my ear lobes, one is stuck to my head one is unconnected, and just flops around. And I have a huge scar on my neck.

• Cm
    CmplntBrd.Surveyor#0907 Feb 25, 2009

False!

• Da
    Damaged May 06, 2009

CmplntBrd.Surveyor#0907

Why do you call this false?

abirdsbrain Jun 10, 2009

I agree with Dina and the poster of this complaint. Not only did I have the same LSL experience, I have found them to be unethical and on the edge of being dishonest to a fault. They should not be able to legally operate on any live human being. I have had the same experience. Many women at realself.com and infomercialscams.com ALSO share the same experiences. If only the right Governmental Agency would come across this, or the right kind of law firm that would do it pro-bono, maybe they could be stopped. Until then the only thing that we can do is try to warn unsuspecting people suckered into their Mega-Marketing machine.

• Ev
    EVE HOLT Jul 25, 2009

You should contact the State Attorney General's Office and report and document your experience with this group. Also, contact the American Medical Association, specific to the doctor that operated on you, and provide whatever documentation you can. Also check if that doctor has any certifications and or complaints filed against him/her, lawsuits pending or past. You can sue him individually or as a "class action" if you can locate other "victims" who feel like you do. Document all your problems and symptoms carefully- in court, documentation is everything...good luck. You do have a recourse to deal with your experience.

abirdsbrain Aug 03, 2009

New info is now available for people who need help with Lifestyle Lift -- contact: 1-888-LSL-SUIT. This is the new 24/7 call center number for LSL Men & Women who have had problems and would like their voice to be heard!

abirdsbrain Aug 04, 2009

Thanks Eve, I did all of that paperwork and have never heard back from any government agency or any Medical Association or Affiliate. I finally got CBS TV46 here in Atlanta to listen to me and 3 other women. There was suppose to be a 6 part series on the Lifestyle Lift. Well, after the 4th I think, the Interview with Dr. Kent, he ended the interview suddenly and the next day filed a defamation suit against tv46 and Stephanie Fisher the reporter. So, that was last year. The video is still up at youtube.com if anyone is interested in seeing it. Just put Lifestyle Lift in the search engine and it will pull up all the videos to date including the one about LSL being sued for $300.000 for internet posing. Posting as clients of LSL when they were actually employees. Realself.com is the only other site now that will let up post. Infomercialscams.com is gone.

• Rw
    rweaver Sep 22, 2009

I also had LSL with poor results, my scares we visiable on my neck, they offerd to tweek it up, i agreed only to find they did the whole LSLagain, now i have numbness on my ears and thick scares.i was out of work for two weeks . This is not a small proceedure. i did not get good results even having it done twice. One day i was sitting in the aftercare waiting room ther were 5 women waiting 4 were there after having it done twice one lady was on her third time . I would not have this done again. they did not charge me for the second time but the recovery time was painful and loss of work. I would never have this done again. and would not recomend anyone else doing it . they blamed it on the Dr. they got a new Dr.and now are asking me if i thought the results were the same with the new DR.I think they can not get the results promised, i don't think it is possiable .

tecla Feb 25, 2010

I also had a proceedure done by LSL and they then redid the proceedure because the first time it did not go well. my chin was lobsided and my ears are pinned to my head. I now have these cord like scars in back of my ears and a scar under my chin that looks like I was slashed by some serial killer. By the way, I looked better before the surgery.

• Mi
    MissJack Jun 08, 2010

I also went to the San Mateo office. Bad results and bad scaring behind the ears. Also, I still have itching. I went back to complain and was kept waiting 3 hours past my appt. time. (I guess they thought I might go away!) The "doctor" gave me the runaround and then dismissed me as if I were a non entity! If any one starts a class action suit against the people, count me in. I look worse than I did before the procedure.

• Dh
    dharmajane Oct 22, 2010

I have had a bad experiance with the Franklin Tn office. Is there any one else out there who had surgery by Dr.A.