The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Leslies Pool Supply — Would not honor warranty
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I bought a pump motor last June 2008, and it started making a squealing noise at the end of January 2009. It has at least a one year warranty. After removing it, I returned it to the store. The manager was out sick and 3 days later I still had not heard what the deal was. The 4th day, she informs me that indeed the motor has a problem, but it was caused by my pool water. ????? I had to get a quick education, so I come to find out that water only gets in there if the seal is bad...mine was not. Also there is not one bit of water damage, ie, calcium deposits or rust to be found. She claims that a discoloration under a rubber washer is rust, bet after showing it to 3 seperate pool equipment experts they tell me it is lubricant seeping up through the motor, discoloring the metal and is absolutely not rust. They also told me that the brand Leslies sells, Emerson, is notorious for burning out bearings, and this is what happened, not water damage. So, Leslies employee is lying, and even the DM backs her up, and he has never seen the motor. I emailed pictures to the Corporate office, and have no response. I have since become an "expert" myself, having reinstalled a new motor from a reputable company. I have also come to learn that they have a pretty ugly reputation all around the country, so I am far from the first they have screwed. I am pursuing this further, because I am right and hate being lied to. Others should beware of shopping there. I never will again.
I have photos, but too large to attatch, so your site says.
More Leslies Pool Supply Complaints & Reviews
- Leslie Pools - Horrible place to buy a pool
- Leslie's pool mart - Terrible place to work
- Leslie's Pool Supply - This store is rude and will rip you off
- Leslies Pool - Very poor customer service
- Leslie's Pool Supply - The store located at 6890 Highway 6 in Houston always has one person working
- Leslie's Pool Supply - Now we will drive the hour to a different pool supply store to avoid these hassles again
- Leslie's Pool Supply - Bad Service/Attitude
- Leslie Pool - Lost a 26 Year Customer - Pool Motor Replacement, Providing Incorrect Info Deliberately
- Leslie's Pool Supply - Simple as it is do not go to Leslie's Pool Supply
- Leslie's Pool Supplies - Terrible company