LC Van Rentalfailed money return

D Nov 20, 2018

Hired 17 seater minivan for funeral paid £699 including deposit. On the day of the funeral the called and cancelled, stating supplier problems. Offered full refund and a "goodwill payment " towards another vehicle which we had to source within 2 hours. After a month of phone calls and emails we finally received our initial payment back of £699. However to date some weeks later still waiting for the extra payment of £175 they promised they would pay due to their failings. They keep saying the money has been processed through BACS but I know I will never see this money again. However what they don't know is I have an amazing team of investigators at my disposal who have now made it their mission to track down and bring to task these bunch of Charlatans. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay well clear.

Mark Ratcliffe Nov 28, 2018

i have a situation with these con men £1199 owing since August, constant stream of lies on the phone and via email, their address is simply a postal delivery service, i am in contact with CAB at the moment to see how to proceed

• Su
    Sue&Vince Nov 28, 2018

@Mark Ratcliffe We are still trying to get LC Van Rental to pay the money owed to us from a minibus they cancelled at the last minute in August, 2018 (lying about the previous client having put the wrong petrol in). Promises are given about repayment, lies are told (including that they would set up a standing order) and small amounts are paid infrequently, which I think is a tactic they use to stop the customer going to the small claims court. Our contact - Michael - was 'phoning us regularly to assure us of their honesty but he has now given up since it's clear we don't believe him. I have reported the company to BBC Watchdog, Rogue Traders and Trading Standards in the hope that the company will be shut down, so I'll be very interested to know how others get on.