Resolved Laura Ashley Curtain Tie Backs — faulty goods
I booked a Design Service with Laura Ashley 2 years ago for approx £200, the deal (in writing) was that after the service, should I want to purchase any goods, I would get 25%-40% reduction, depending on the amount spent, and I had a year to make my purchases.
Within the year, I went in to but some curtains and tie backs - I had gone in to buy more, but the staff told me that this Design Service discount had been withdrawn. No-one told me!
I paid full price, with cash.
Within 6 months one tie back had broken. I went back to the store and they were very unhelpful but did agree to exchange the pair. I exchanged them for a 'rope' pair as I thought these looked sturdier.
Within 4 months one of these had broken, I can't find the receipt anywhere, and they are refusing to refund or exchange. Both these sets of tie backs cost £50. I am furious that they are charging extortionate prices for shoddy goods that will last no more than 4 months.
I didn't keep the receipt because I thought Laura Ashley were a reliable company selling top quality products. I can assure you they are not, and the customer service both on the phone and in the store was very dismissive...almost accusational!
I can only hope that those who read this article think twice about shopping at Laura Ashley. Over priced, bad quality and rude staff.
More Laura Ashley Curtain Tie Backs Complaints & Reviews
- Laura Ashley Kingston Sofa - poor quality sofa
- Laura Ashley Brompton Console Table - shop staff told wrong delivery timespan
- Laura Ashley - wallpaper with different batch numbers
- Laura Ashley - padstow sofa
- Laura Ashley - customer service
- Laura Ashley - bed order
- Laura Ashley Floor Mirror - delivery
- Laura Ashley Patricia Silver Mirror - delivery time, lack of communication, incorrect information given by customer services
- Laura Ashley - delivery of goods
- Laura Ashley - quality of cushions