Lane Furnitureleather sectional

F

Potential Lane Furniture Customers Beware: Please understand before you buy a Lane product that Lane Furniture does not and will not stand behind either their products or their customers. Once they get the product out their door and into your home - game over. Any issues that arise after the sale are the customer's problem and not Lane's. We purchased a beautiful Lane leather sectional through Becker Furniture World in Becker, Minnesota, and special ordered a higher quality, softer leather than was on the display model in the store. Within the first six months, the cushion in the armrest of the section that gets the most use was completely collapsed and nearly flat. We contacted the dealer (Becker Furniture), who sent a repair person out. That person explained that the CARDBOARD in the armrest had broken, causing the stuffing to collapse as well. Who would ever expect to find CARDBOARD supports in an expensive piece of furniture!! The problem was repaired, but over the next couple of years we slowly watched the armrest go flat again. In addition, we have seen the leather on the same section discolor and disintegrate. It started out as small little specks on the armrest and has now spread to the seat back, the seat cushion the and rest of the piece - it looks horrible! We contacted Lane, but since the product was beyond their one-year warranty, they offered absolutely no assistance whatsoever, and certainly no apology for the lack of quality. No piece of furniture as costly as this should look this bad in such a short time. We will never purchase a Lane product again, and neither will anyone else who has been in our home and seen the kind of furniture they produce. Further, we will continue to spread the word about this Company's complete lack of product quality and customer service.

• La
    lanefurniture sucks Jul 17, 2009

I was so glad to see a complaint against Lane furniture.

I, too, experienced severe quality issues with my sectional and bed bench. Please note that these items where purchased at seperate times, and at seperate stores. I can easily believe that this is a problem with the manufacturer, not anything to do with the place of purchase.

The bed bench had a soft cushion top and metal legs. The appearance was classic, however the quality was terrible. The legs bent out and broke within less than a year. The damage was unrepairable. Due to the low item's cost, I did not bother with the manufacturer.

However, around the same time I purchased a $2500 5 pc Lane Sectional. The sections included two recliners, two stationary seats, and a chaise lounge. The sectional pieces never stayed attached. The fabric tore on seams. The recliners do not recline or go back easily. When I contacted Lane I was instructed to submit pictures of the complaints. Their resolution was to send me the same crappy sectional connectors that were the problem in the first place. Nothing was done with the tears or recliner mechanisms. The piece, although it appears nice, has a bad engineered design of it's functions. It is a hazard, I will eat a huge lost just to get it out of my home.

Lane furniture looks good, but it does not last long. I will never buy another piece of Lane furniture.

• Kg
    KG from MN Sep 08, 2011

I have also experienced issues with my Lane furniture that I have had less than 4 months! I purchased it from JC Penney and they are sending someone out to look at it. I do not want a replacement, I want a full refund! hopefully they will give me my money back. I spent $1700 on a sofa nad loveseat that is poorly made and the fabric is already wearing. One of the arms on the loveseat also has collapsed. This furniture is in a home with two working adults who are not large people! I thought furniture was made to be sat on, apparently not...

• Tu
    tucker899 Jun 20, 2016

After 18 months of owning this Lane sectional the material started cracking in a couple spots. (refer to pic “after 18 months”). After about 2 years the material has just started flaking off (see PIC 2). This is not happening in just one spot, but all over the couch. This is clearly a manufacture defect, and have found out that Lane has had problems with this material in the past. This was the response from Customer Service "Due to the widely variable in-home use experiences once furniture has been accepted into a home, it is very difficult to determine the cause of the issues" I would not recommend Lane/Heritage furniture, not only the product did not hold up they don't stand behind it either. I gave Lane/Heritage every opportunity to try to make this right with me before I decided to post our experience, but I guess they didn't care or think i would follow through.

Comments
    Comments

Steiger Wins Nov 30, 2017

the cloth junk fro LANE via BECKER failed too. Our 40 year old LANE is like new...L
    lllll ALL COURTS & LAWYERS TAKE NOTICE RTE 952-913-7986

Steiger Wins Nov 30, 2017

ALL COURTS PLEASE TAKE NOTICE>>>>>>>>!!! Our Beach house LANE sofa looks new at 40 years old. The LANE SOLD BY BECKER OF MN FELL APART IN 4 WEEKs SEND A CHECK AND FEE OF $($22, 000)) for sale, of junk & disposal or come and pic it up DEADLINE is set at Dec., 18th, 2017. YOU KNOW YOU DEFRAUDed US AND OTHERs... TIME TO PAY UP & OR GO TO PRISON!!!

repeat 11111 times

Steiger Wins Nov 30, 2017

SO EVEN YOUR COMPLAIN FORM IS A FRAUD SCAM...OK AD THAT AND THEFT BY SWINDLE SWINDLE AND CRIMINAL FRAUD.. . CC: U S ATTORNEY GENERAL AND MY ATTORNEY GENERALS PLEASE SETTLE THIS WITH CASH PAYBACK AND PRISON TIME!!!