La Quinta Inns & Suitesstained bedding and sewage smell plus horrible service

M Aug 14, 2018

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience of my entire life. On Saturday at approximately 11:45am, my family and I went to check in to the Mount Laurel hotel. The person (female) on duty at the desk (who claimed to be the manager) had no knowledge of our reservation and stated the hotel was booked. We had paid for the room earlier in the morning (around 7:00am or so) by a different employee (male) at the desk, who actually was nice. He said they didn't have any clean rooms at the moment but to return around 12 noon and they should have our room ready. The female employee seemed annoyed and was very rude to me and was more focused on her conversation on the telephone rather than doing her job. Finally, she found our reservation but voiced that she didn't understand why "HE" would have booked us a room when they were sold out. I've been in customer service my entire life, and this person is poorly trained and does NOT know who to talk guests. You seriously need to re-evaluate the quality of people that you hire and how you train them. I wish I could say this was the worst thing that happened during my stay, but unfortunately it was not. There was some side issues, like no towels and telephone not working, but who horrified me was the condition of the bedding. It was stained and it smelled like sewage. I reported the issue to the same female on Sunday morning at 8am and she was very unsympathetic and was completely rude. It was a very uncomfortable situation my myself and my family (including two small children) and as we tried to finish our stay and eat breakfast in the lobby, she kept giving us "dirty" looks. I have never in my life been so upset and disappointed about a hotel stay. This event completely ruined our entire weekend. She original said that she was discount our room but then did not. She said, I'm not going to do anything since you are going to call corporate anyway.
Folio # [protected] and Room # 123