La Quinta Inns & Suitesbad customer service / room

R Nov 15, 2018

My wife and I had made reservations at La Quinta In Albuquerque New Mexico located at 5241 San Antonio Dr. Northeast, Albuquerque. New Mexico 87109. Check in was on November 10, 2018 and we would only be staying one night and checking out the following morning. We arrived at La Quinta at around 2200hrs and my wife went in and checked us in and retrieved the key to our room. We then proceeded to our room with our family to include pet only to discover that our room that had been reserved was in shambles and completely in disarray. We contacted the front desk immediately and the front desk clerk asked for my wife to return back to the front desk to try to find us another room. My wife then called me and advised that they did not have a room available with a microwave and refrigerator as we had reserved due to us having groceries but due to the time of the night and the chances of not getting another room, I told her to go ahead and take whatever they had available, to which she then advised me that they had told her that they did not have any available rooms to offer us, but would check the La Quinta across the interstate to see if maybe they could accommodate us, which also met with negative results. The front desk employee then basically told us there was nothing else he could do and left us to find another place to stay for the night. We then had to carry all our belongings back to our vehicle and start trying to find another place to stay. We luckily found another hotel within a few minutes that had a room available but ended up costing alot more then what i had already had charged to my debit card from La Quinta for a room that my family and I basically were turned away from due to its condition. The next morning i went back to La Quinta to speak with management and was able to speak with a female who identified herself as the front desk manager, I advised her of the events that had occurred the night before and showed her the pictures of what we had found in the room we were suppose to be booked into and she could not believe this had occurred and said she would have to contact her GM in which she went to the room located behind the front desk and i presume made the call. she then returned about 20 minutes later and advised us that the only thing they could do was add 2000 points to our members reward card and that the charge to my debit card would be refunded in a few days, she also made the comment that according to what she was seeing on her computer we were offered another room without microwave and refrigerator, but we had refused which is a LIE, like I stated previously due to the time of night and the chances of us finding another place to stay would be slim I was willing to let our groceries spoil just so that we could get some rest and have safety for my family . I was appalled that this was the only "thing" they could do for us being that my family was basically left stranded in a city to fend for ourselves when we thought we were headed to a nice warm room for some much deserved rest as we had been traveling all day. I asked her for a number to reach a district manager or possibly corporate office and she advised me that I would be able to find those numbers online under the rewards website.I have stayed in La Quinta's on all our vacations and always been very pleased with your services but I am very disappointed with the way this was handled. I have pictures that have been attached.

Patrick Maturino [protected]