Kraft Foodsfig newtons

We have been trying to figure out why Fig Newtons have gotten so sorry. They are now made in Mexico.

They are smaller, advertising of twice the fruit is false (small print when compared to a Kelloggs strawberry nutra bar ... duhhhh), cookie falls apart, has hard objects that will break your jaw, scorched almost black and tastes like crap.

I guess Kraft thinks sloppy preparation and quality control is worth the profit or lack of since we are not buying anymore. I hope the bonuses received by the upper echelon of Kraft is worth screwing up what was once a good American company.

• Updated by Fallon Moritz · Apr 12, 2017

not sure how to post a pic to this site or put pics on my computer of i would have

• Updated by JeanKim · Sep 08, 2017

I'm disappointed at the bad quality of the wrapping and the uneven size of the cheese.

• Updated by G.Kendrick · Sep 12, 2017

there has been no update

• Updated by Traceye · Nov 29, 2017

Cheese so dried out you can’t seperate slices. They all break! Sale date

• Updated by fastfeh1 · May 02, 2019

I buy a lot of Smart Ones a month (50+). But the last month os so it's getting me to say WHERE'S THE CHICKEN. Remember Wendy's back in the 80's? Her's a pic of the one I opened today. Wife tells me to just but Lean Cuisine This is a simple complaint not one for 350 CH

• Yo
    You should beware Jan 17, 2009

I worked for Nabisco for 20 plus years. I have seen the quality go down hill since Kraft bought them. The ounces have been cut (In most cases by 2 oz.). I nolonger buy Nabisco products either and what people need to know is that the quality went south after Kraft bought them. Next time you are at the market please take that under consideration before buying Nabisco and ALSO KRAFT.

• Fi
    Fig Newton mess Oct 06, 2009

I have also enjoyed Fig Newtons for decades but can't get past the reduced quality. They are smaller, crumble and recently Kraft changed the packaging so they sit for weeks in a plastic tray. Now they also taste like plastic. I here that super target has a good replacement for them.

• Cw
    C.W. Whitney III May 12, 2017

@Fig Newton mess The perverts are like republicans, it's only about money and ripping the American people off

• Ji
    JimSub Apr 22, 2019

@C.W. Whitney III FO commie.

SamF54 Nov 27, 2009

The Macaroni and Cheese Dinner, Serial Number 02100658831, with an expiration date in 2010, had little brown food worms in the box. Needless to say we were very disappointed and had to toss out the macaroni & cheese. The product was kept in the food pantry, in optimal climate conditions. We have photos of the actual worms but didn't have a way to upload them with this complaint.

• Ri
    Richmond Feb 25, 2010

This may be trivial to some but I am disappointed in the recent quality of Nabisco Saltine Crackers (Kraft Foods). Every box I've bought in the last few weeks is terrible. You cannot even pick a cracker up without it crumbling, much less try to put butter or another type of spread on it. I took a picture of the latest pack we tried to use. About 80% of the crackers crumbled as we picked them up. I've used this product for over 40 years without complaint. Now I think Kraft has altered the recipe to either save money or to make additional money and quite frankly the product is no longer usable. I did send a complaint to Kraft and to Consumer Reports.

• Av
    AVA373 Dec 30, 2010

I haven't bought fig Newtons is a while. They are not the same quality. I only buy Fig Newtons by Nabisco because I could count on them being fresh. This time - - they taste old. They crumble and fall apart like they are old. They were packaged with some of them laying down in the container. Not sure what happened but it is not the same.
    What a disappointment. The price is always more and I use to pay it because it was worth it. Not any more.
    Nabisco...will you fix it?

• Wu
    Wunderwarthawg Mar 02, 2011

I bought a box of packaged Fig Newtons last week (2/16/11) and although the box was the same size the miserable @%&#*! at Kraft had the guts to put their shrunken packages of Fig Newtons in the same size box.
    It was kind of like they were saying "Up yours bucko. We don't care if you know what we're up to. We're not only going to shaft you by selling you less, we're going to shove it in your face so we can save money by using old boxes."
    But guess what, I'll be buying another brand from now on.

• Ob
    Obiholde Feb 02, 2012

This is one of the most disturbing ads I've seen! Scaring little kids is NOT funny!

• Vi
    Vibreste Feb 12, 2012

All of these commercials are absolutely unacceptable! I have an 8 year old daughter and she has a wonderful sense of humor, however, these commercials are not the least bit funny. They are scary and make no sense. What loving parents would say or do such things to their children. It's absolutely absurd! I refuse to buy any Jello products, in fact, any Kraft products until you come to your senses and my friends have agreed, as well! You must see that you could have gone in a much more sensible direction - come on!

• Do
    Doifulere Mar 07, 2012

Cheese package was not sealed properly and I am dissatisfied with the product.

• Bi
    BinxBolling Mar 04, 2013

I recently purchased a 14-oz package of Fig Newtons after not buying them for quite a while. I used to eat them as a child and teenage, and they seemed much better than they are now. I don't know what happened to the product. The cookies seem to be a lot smaller than they used to be and seem to have less filling. The dough part also seems to be drier or less tasty. Then the company has the gall to advertise on its package that it has been making Fig Newtons for 100 years. Maybe so, but they are surely not as good now as they were 50 years ago. Kraft/Nabisco is not the only company that has "downsized" their products. Some candy makers are selling smaller-scale versions of their candy bars and trying to fool consumers that way. But these Fig Newtons are particularly bad. I wish Kraft/Nabisco would just stop making them if they refuse to do it right.
    I will look around to see if there are any other brands that are better than the so-called "original" Fig Newtons. These are truly awful. Don't buy them.

• Bb
    b banks Oct 05, 2015

I purchased two 12oz real fruit Newtons packages as I do every two weeks since I was 25... 40 now. The packages have the quick pull tab making it easy for someone at the place of purchase to open and take some while replacing top concealing their theft and leaving the consumer, me with missing newtons and freshness issues. This has happened to me twice in the past 2 months. Expensive product that can easily be tampered with in the store and manipulated to appear worthy of purchase. I threw them away and shopped at a different store afterwards.

• Ok
    Oklahomagirl2008 Nov 09, 2015

I just purchased the Baked Apple & Cinnamon Newtons. I have always loved Newtons- except the Fig variety. I would buy the strawberry & they wouldn't last two days. Today's purchase was a complete let down. I am beyond disappointed in the obvious size reduction of the bars. The "pastry" part was lacking in any flavor as well. I will go back to buying market/house brands, if I buy any. I am quite tired of manufacturers who assume we are all ignorant and do not notice package or product sizes changing (much like what has happened with every major cereal brand in the past 10 years).

• Le
    Leonard Caliguari Dec 14, 2015

The Fig Newtons I grew up with and enjoyed are no more. Gone are the sweet, soft, chewy fruit filled cookies. Replaced by ones having tough, dry, and course texture. The fig filling is course and gritty. The cookie is course and crumbly. Nabisco needs to bring back cookies using the high fructose corn syrup and drop the whole grain.

• Ro
    RozyR Feb 11, 2016

i just now noticed that it is made in Mexico. What?!?! is anything made in America anymore? no wonder there's a huge unemployment rate in the u.s. I agree with some of the comments, lots of companies have reduced the size, and increased on price. Probably quality as well. Deflation of product and inflation on the price. Its very disappointing all around.

• Ps
    PS Photog Aug 02, 2016

Just returned a package of Fig Newtons to Publix and got a refund. They were dry, stale?, no taste. Will never purchase again.

• Gr
    grossfood1 Aug 08, 2016

Yes. I've now seen the reduced size (20 count), smaller package. I was a loyal customer until today when I saw the same price for a reduced size package. The quality was okay, to me, but - Nabisco has lost me as a customer. I've moved on to other reduced fat snack alternatives. Too bad (not for me)... And yes, I know many companies are doing the same thing, but guess what - I no longer buy those products from companies that do that either.

• Do
    downdt Aug 22, 2016

The plastic wrapper does not come away from the cheese freely. If you are not careful, you can overlook small pieces of plastic that may stay on the cheese slice.

• Db
    DB Aug 30, 2016

Hey Kraft, Mondeleze or whatever, sell your incompetence someplace else.

• Ti
    Timothy H Stoelk Oct 13, 2016

Quality has become second rate. Stems and seeds in the filling. Higher prices for less quantity and an inferior product. From now on generics for me, same quality and more quantity. No differentiation that would cause me to pay more

• Ru
    Rudy Bolona Nov 07, 2016

Just another case of corporations screwing us up the butt. It's the way of the world now. You get less for more.

• Da
    Daniel LeMaire Dec 27, 2016

I agree the newtons are terrible compared to the newtons of the day I don't buy them anymore.

James's Feb 27, 2017

I just saw that they're made in Mexico. I will never buy them again!
    Same way with York peppermint patties

• Bi
    BILL S. Aug 03, 2017

where can we find a list if Kraft/ Nabisco products from mexico?

• Be
    Bear56 Dec 05, 2017

I used to buy Maynards wine gums all of the time, they were made by Cadbury's in a plant in Canada. My last bag purchased, I noticed they did not look or taste the same. They had a very chemical taste and aroma. I wasn't aware in the meantime that Cadbury's had been bought out by Mondelez International, aka Kraft, aka Krap foods. I did some investigating, and now all their wine gums are manufactured in Mexico. No where on the bag does it say: Product of Mexico. I contacted Mondelez to let them know I wasn't happy, and they sent me a voucher for a replacement bag. Just another case of mega corps trying to squeeze every last penny out of the consumer, while lowering their production costs and product quality. I refuse to buy any Krap products from now on.

• De
    desertsun Aug 14, 2018

I purchased a jar of Kraft Real mayo in June of 2018, the jar has gone rancid, I keep Mayo in the fridge, this has happened before. I love the product but would like to know why???I do not have the receipt to return it.

Barcode 2100002632

• El
    Ella Revel Aug 15, 2018

I purchased the product above and it had no ham and no potatoes.
    The product information is MS16718F61 0122 EST 1869.

These are the only Smart Ones breakfasts I buy especially because of the ham and potatoes

• This is the second batch of the cottage cheese doubles in which the cottage cheese is watery and tasted like someone added chlorine to it. Today it was the strawberry, yesterday it was the blueberry. There were part of the items for sale at the neighborhood Publix, and now I have to take the other two back, because I fear the same result.

• Di
    Dicksindirt Aug 15, 2018

I purchased a jar of Real Mayo and it turned rancid before expiration date.
    This has happened before and I just want somebody to be aware.

the barcode is2100002632

Mad asf Aug 15, 2018

I brought lunchables about 12 and all of them got only 3 to 4 crackers wtf man i want my money back

• Ro
    rodney48 Aug 15, 2018

there was a clear glove in the can. GROSS and my wife had a bite p.s funny but gross I don't think we are trusting Heinz ever code 5700013160

• Jm
    JM-/: Aug 15, 2018

The Cracker Barrel individually wrapped sharp cheddar cheese stick was moldy.

• Em
    Emily St. Aug 15, 2018

I recently purchased the Cracker Barrel cheddar Monterey Jack cheese sticks at the Meijer in Champaign, IL. I opened one and the top of the cheese stick was moldy. The same was true for other cheese sticks but not all of them. The expiration date isn't until 21 Aug 2018. The code on the side is XCK 41 19:24 A. See the pictures I attached to this.

• Ru
    ruebill76 Aug 15, 2018

For one, they have been reduced in size. However, the issue that really burns me up is that in the upper right corner of each piece of packaged cheese are he words Peel Here. Well, it is almost impossible to open these. Takes me 2 or 3 minutes of trying to peel to get one piece of cheese open.

• Lo
    Lorianne12 Aug 15, 2018

We buy about 24 cans of alphagetti a month. We opened a can the other day. It was all sauce and no noodles.
    I logged a complaint about this over a week ago and no response.
    Very un happy customer.

• Tr
    Troy Adnerson Aug 15, 2018

Your latest commercial with Etta James song "At Last" needs to gooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO off air, it is highly annoying and you are ruining a good song for a lot of people! I get the point but it is too much, please take it off the air. Thank you, rant over.

• Sj
    Sjones24 Aug 15, 2018

I grew up on Miracle Whip and normally enjoy it. A recent purchased jar has overwhelming vinegar flavour which is awful. It's been refrigerated the whole time and the best before is Nov. 2018 so it should not be bad. Please check formula and restore to original.

• Of
    Offthewallmel Aug 20, 2018

I bought a block of cheese a couple weeks ago. Went to make tacos and use the cheese. Opened it to find mold in two spots. Dated for June of 2018. I guess you're a few months off.

Janette Maria Aug 20, 2018

Way too small and.no Graham cracker on bottom

• Di
    displayname12345 Aug 20, 2018

I bought a box that was crushed but still sealed and without holes. The problem is that the cheese packet was punctured. It appears to have been crushed before being placed into the box.

Here is the UPC: 2190065883

Thank you for your time!

• Co
    Corrie68 Aug 20, 2018

I got an email stating I placed an order. I never placed an order with you

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices