Menu

M
Author of the complaint
9:24 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son whom is now 12 has been receiving dental treatment from Kool smiles located at 4054 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, Ga 30345 for over five years. Each time I take him in for an annual checkup I am told that he has a minimum of 3-4 cavities even on newly erupted teeth, though he goes to the dentist on a regular basis and when he is home I monitor his brushing. I mentioned my concerns to the dental assistants because the dentists at this location never make themselves available to speak to the parents and I'm told that my son is not brushing well. Also, when I mention sealants as a preventive method since my son "supposedly" acquires cavities quite frequently, I'm told that he already has cavities on his teeth which prevents the dental assistants from applying sealants each visit. However, I am a dental assistant and it is rare that a child whom visit the dentist often and brush regularly to have numerous cavities each time he or she visit the dentist unless that child has some type of deficiency that causes his or her teeth to decay more rapidly than normal. I'm concern that this dental office is practicing bad dental practices for the sake of making a profit and that my son is receiving treatment that is not necessary. So, I've decided to not only complain but also I'm in the process of switching my son's dental provider. Additionally, I looked up several reviews and complaints about Kool Smiles and I felt that this was necessary to do because Kool Smiles has been involved in a lawsuit for these same practices. Furthermore, WellCare which was once affiliated with Kool Smile has also disassociated themselves from Kool Smiles because numerous complaints has been filed and investigations of Kool Smiles has provided sufficient evidence that Kool Smiles has performed numerous dental procedures on children that were not necessary. I'm betting it was all for monetary value as usual. "Free the dollar bill and gain some integrity Kool Smiles". Hyperlink below gives insight to those whom want to know.

Evelyn Millwood