Kodak ESP 3 printersprints horizontal lines

J Review updated:

I gave my old Kodak printer to my mother and purchased a new wireless Kodak printer. My wireless runs out of ink quickly and won't print anything. Meanwhile, my old printer that I gave to my mother prints with horizontal lines. I initially replaced the ink cartridges for her. I tested and there were still lines. I cleaned the inside of printer, but it still did no good. After reading all these complaints, I am inclined to agree, that there's something rotten in Denmark. The wireless printer, I haven't used in a long time and I don't think it would give out of ink that quickly. Also, I don't understand why you can't print in gray scale.

• R
      Aug 09, 2012

I purchased the Kodak ESP 3 because I was tired of paying an exorbitant amount of money for ink that other printers required. It turns out I am still doing that because this printer is only capable of printing maybe 50 pages (approximately 10% of what is advertised) before it locks up in the middle of a job and refuses to print anything else until you replace 1 or both of the cartridges. I have not had a problem with the print quality of this printer. I just feel it is undependable, because you never know when it will just stop printing, I also feel I am being ripped off as I don't think Kodak is not living up to it's advertising. Time to buy a laser printer and throw this piece of junk where it belongs...in the trash.