Having problems with Kayak.com?

7 Market Street

Australia
Australia Square Plaza, Level 4, 95 Pitt St., Sydney, NSW 2000 | Australia

Brazil
Avenida Cidade Jardim 400, Suite 2016, São Paulo, SP, 01454-000 | Brasil

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kayak.com.

Complaints & Reviews

Kayak.comairfare search

I did a search on kayak for a one-way flight from Bar Harbor, Maine to Fort Lauderdale. Kayak listed a flight flight of $274 using Cape Air and JetBlue. Above the search results in the fee assistant box, I did a plus one of a carry-on and a plus one of a checked bag. When you add or remove a bag in the fee assistant you will see a pop up that says Prices have updated based on your selection. when I added the checked bag the fare then changed to $304, which reflects the bag fee. When you select the flight details it says "You Pay $304" When you click to purchase the deal you are then redirected to the JetBlue site and the fare is now $353 and doesn't include the $30 bag fee. I did the chat with the Kayak help desk. I provided screen captures along with the details above and they said that the $304 is only valid when you book the flight. I explained that's what I was trying to do. I was then told that fare is no longer available and it will take approx. 2 min to update. I was receiving that fare info 20 min prior to reaching out to their support people because the redirect and higher fare didn't make sense. Yes fares change and I get that and know it well as I travel 75% yearly with my job.
It has now been 30 min since my chat session and kayak is still showing the $304 fare with a checked bag included and when that fare is selected there is still a redirect to jetblue with a $353 fare and the checked bag is not included.

airfare search

Kayak.comname incorrectly entered the plane tickets for air canada

Me and my partner gave just recently just got back from holiday from Vancouver. On both legs of our trip her information had been entered wrongly and she was nearly not being allowed to leave Canada because her name had been entered wrongly twice. I ended up have to pay extra at airport to get ticket reissued so she could get home. Yet her confirmation email she received regarding the booking and cheak in reference were as she had booked it but were not what details the airline had.

Kayak — changing layover time reservation no nxdv9c

Hi I book my flight jfk to Lahore July 24 every thing is ok for ticket but my layover of Lahore to Kuwait i...

Kayakmisrepresentation of pricing and cancellation policy

June 19, 2017 I made a reservation through kayak for a super 8 room in ashland wi for a date in mid august. I spoke with an agent named karen. She quoted a price and said it could be cancelled within 24 hours of the arrival date. I asked her if the quoted price was a total amount with taxes etc. She assured me it was the total. I asked her for the exact date and time I needed to cancel get a full refund. She gave me an exact date and time that was 24 hrs before my arrival date. I checked my credit card account that same day and saw the amount had an added charge of $44.28 for tax recovery and service fees. I called getaroom immediately and told them I wanted to cancel my reservation because of the misrepresentation of the price. They said I couldn't because of their "no cancellation" policy. I'm in the process of contesting it with my credit card company. They are scam artists and I see several other complaints of people who had the same or similar experiences as mine.

KayakScam service!

I booked a hotel via Kayak for all weekend 5 days before my trip. They charged my credit card but later I received a message stating my booking was cancelled. I contacted customer care and they said they couldn't verify my card. That was an absolute lies, they took my money and now they say they could not verify my card! I asked for a refund, but I received no money. So I called again and but was placed on hold for 30 minutes. When I finally talked to the manager he kept saying I need to talk to my bank. I wasted hours of my day with them! Horrible company. Do not do business with them!

KayakWaste of money

I just want to warn everyone that Kayak is a complete scam and their service is the worst ever! They do not want to take any responsibility for their own mistakes. My husband booked a flight through Kayak and suddenly he ended up booking directly with the American Airlines. He didn't receive any notifications about this transaction. He thought that it was not a purchase cause he haven't been charged so he bought the same flight ticket from American Airlines. Several days later his credit card was charged by Kayak. He contacted their customer support but was told there is no way to get a refund. Then he contacted the American Airlines and they also refused giving my husband a refund. He explained what happened and they offered him a credit. We are very disappointed! Kayak has the worst service ever and we won't buy any tickets from them!

Kayak Lodge — Hotel accomodation

We had a terrible experience at Kayak Lodge when we arrived at the Lodge on 12/30/2014. Although we had a...

KayakHotel reservation cancellation

I made hotel reservation through kayak in Dec 2012 for dec 27 to dec 30. I contacted kayak on dec 27 to cancel the reservation. Customer representative said they are unable to contact hotel management. I called 18-20 times and sent out email to customer service. Still they couldnt contact hotel reservation team. I was able to contact hotel accountant through number published on hotel site.
            I dont understand why customer representatives were not able to contac.
            Its been 2 months and i havent received refund yet.

Kayak.comDo *not* book your flight directly on Kayak.com

Do *not* book your flight directly on Kayak.com. Their site says that your flight will be managed by Travelocity, however in booking it on Kayak and not directly on Travelocity.com, you are not afforded any of the benefits of a Travelocity customer (namely, you cannot benefit from price or service guarantees).

Go to the travel agency site and book directly. DO NOT BOOK ON KAYAK.COM!

Kayak.comThe original price of $141.00 quoted on Kayak.com was actually $485.00 on Delta's website

The site recommended I buy 2 one-way tickets from different carriers instead of a single roundtrip in order to save money. I bought the first ticket, but then when I went to buy the second ticket, the original price of $141.00 quoted on Kayak.com was actually $485.00 on Delta's website. Of course I couldn't cancel the one-way ticket I had just purchased.

I fly at least twice a month, locally and internationally, and I can say this is the worst travel site I've used (in the U.S., anyway). This site simply quotes the prices I can find at other websites on my own, and it doesn't even quote them accurately!

Kayak.comStay away from this site

I was a big fan of Kayak, but I want to warn about a recent experience that has changed my mind. Our family lost $1000 in savings because of a Kayak alert failure.

I set up a daily alert for specific outbound and return dates. The alerts only last for 10 days at a time (highly inconvenient if you are searching for a flight a month or more ahead of time - e.g. Xmas, 3 months in our case). I had it running (with resets) for about six weeks and saw only minor fluctuations in price. However, with my most recently reset alerts, they failed to come after the seventh day (the email on the seventh one said it will expire in "three more messages" = 3 more days). It resumed again on the 10th day (last day of that cycle).

When I went to reset the alert, I did a check on Kayak's "chart" to see past price fluctuations and noticed that there was a $300 dip very recently. After reviewing all my alerts, I had to conclude that it occurred during the time frame of the missing alerts (represents over a $1000 missed savings for our family). Also, that alert on the 10th day and all subsequent email alerts from the reset now have a new format (i.e. look and feel).

Like most people, I'm pretty busy these days so did not specifically notice that the emails were missing as they hit my general email along with hundreds of others on a daily basis. I usually just give them a quick look as they come in. What's the point of having an alert if I cannot rely on it, but instead need to specially monitor if it will come and then do a manual search myself if it doesn't? Seems like Kayak screwed up in its transition to the new format, but fat chance getting them to admit so, nor getting any consideration for it, given their terms of service.

So now I am signed up with five other services (not just one any more)...you can bet that my next booking will be on those ones - I may still use Kayak just to search a route and validate prices, but that's about it.

Kayak.comI do not recommend this site (Kayak-Travelocity) to anyone

We placed reservations for the weekend in McGregor, IA and when we got to McGregor we found out that the hotel did not exist. We spent alot of time on hold to talk to an agent to get this situation resolved with no results. Then we had to cancel the reservation at a loss of one night that should have been spent on a night in McGregor, Iowa. We had to try to find a room with the events going on in the surrounding towns. We also tried to email them and got a response of a non-human was responding to our email. I do not recommend this site (Kayak-Travelocity) to anyone.

Kayak.comCancelled room, but they still charge you anyway. No possibility for a credit or change fee to alter the reservation.

I booked a Hotel room for the first time with Kayak.com for a business trip. The one night stay for that room with taxes/fees was $133. Of course, the client changed the dates for me to visit, so I went to change my reservation. All I could do is cancel, and I have to pay in full anyway. Wait, what?

I wanted to *change* my reservation (I still needed the room, just for a different night), and I would have paid a modest change fee (say, $25), but I can't. In what world is that not fraud? No service was rendered.

Go to their website. Locate the customer service number. Oh, wait, that doesn't exist. You can email them and they'll respond in 24 hours. Wow. With all the money they get to keep, you'd think they'd be able to afford a customer service team.

Once the charges are cleared on my credit card, I'm going to dispute the charge. Do yourself a favor and just book directly with the hotel you want to stay at. In all my years traveling, hotels will change your reservation with nothing but a "Ok, no problem".

Kayak.com & Tropicana Hotelover charged

I made reservations in July through Kayak.com for a room at the Tropicana hotel in Las Vegas.I booked it for September 7, 2012 for three people at a cost of $145.00.Two weeks later I decided that I wanted to stay an additional night .I splurged and booked the second room for a cost of $259.00 thinking the amenities would be so much nicer.Upon arrival I told the desk clerk that the third person would not be joining us after all and could we get another room for two, NO.I then asked if we would have to wait in the lobby the next day in order to check into the second room I reserved as the check out time is 11:00a.m and the check in time is 3:00 p.m.The clerk said that he would arrange it so the room we would be staying in would be comparable in price to the combined total of the two reserved rooms so that we could stay without having to check in and out.The room consisted of 2 queen sized bed, the usual built in drawers, night stand, tv etc.I thought- wait a minute, if the original room I booked was $145.00 and consisted of a king sized bed and 2 queen sized beds then shouldn't this room be cheaper and what about paying $259.00? I called the front desk to ask what the rates were for the room we were in and all I can say is that the Tropicana must train their staff in the fine art of double talk because I never did get a straight answer and the fee I paid was nonrefundable anyway.When I got home I went on line to the Tropicana site itself instead of Kayak and found that the room cost $145.00 to $155.00 per night.So that means I over paid by a hundred dollars give or take.What a rip!
                        Number one when I went to take a shower at 3:a.m there wasn't any hot water!I would have complained right then but gambling is an exhausting activity so I decided to wait til later in the day.Wouldn't you know it?When my guest went to take a shower at around 11:00 a.m the water was scalding. To think I could have stayed at the Motel 6, have had the same amenities AND have gotten free coffee(the Tropicana charges $14.00 for a half a pot)for a fraction of the cost-let's just say I'll know better next time.One other thing the casino sucks, I played the slots for well over an hour and had two cocktail waitresses ask me if I wanted a drink, neither one of them came back.

over charged

Kayak.comCharged for canceled reservationns

I have, correction had this app downloaded on my phone and thought it easy to make a reservation. Leary of the complaints, I ensured that I fully understood the policy regarding cancellations before booking. I was given until 4:00pm the day before arrival to cancel the reservation. I contacted the company and cancelled at 1:45 pm. I also contacted the Hotel and obtained the name of the manager. I insisted that I speak with him to avoid this issue. Finally, I called back at 3:45pm to ensure that there was not reservation and there was no more reservation. Satisfied that I had done my due diligence, I finally laid the issue to rest. I checked my account at the end of the month and the website charged me $250. After speaking with two managers, 3 customer non-servicing reps I was told repeatedly that they would not return my money because they had it categorized as a "no call, no show." NEVER again will the company get my donation and now I have to dispute the compliant. This is absolutely ridiculous! Losing the customer and the sale is not good for business... Wow...

Kayak.comThey are big time scammers

They are big time scammers. i booked a hotel vacation four months ago, i have my receipt and copy of confirmation and i call customer service today and i was speaking to an agent who has now told me what i received is wrong and sent me a new email with the complete opposite of my booking. there is no manager available and she wants me to call back after being on the phone with her to ask for a manager. HUGE SCAMMERS BEWARE!!!

Kayak.comDon't book through Kayak.com

DO NOT book through KAYAK.COM!!! Check their rates...then go to the airline or hotel site directly. I've booked many, many flight and hotels ...some through KAYAK... for ex. if you change a hotel reservation to shorten your stay by ONE DAY...KAYAK charges a PENALTY of the FULL AMOUNT of the ENTIRE STAY!!! (read terms and conditions) it happened to me, booked 2 nights in Houston at $378, had a meeting cancel and CHANGED my reservation to only 1 night...they charged me a $378 change PENALTY...so I paid $700 for ONE NIGHT!!!..KAYAK.COM is COMPLETELY INFLEXIBLE on this policy..BEWARE!!

• La
                                  Lakime Jul 02, 2012

I used them twice to book a hotel. Twice the hotel did not have a clue about a reservation when I showed up and each time it took about an hour to reach somebody at kayak.com (in India) and to get a confirmation. A company that continuously manages to $#*! up my travel is not going to get any business from me any more and as an executive in a rather large organization, I will make sure that kayak.com will get banned from the list of approved travel agencies.

• Fa
                                  Fargen Jul 16, 2012

I have used kayak.com several times to find great deals on flights and never had any problems. I used them a couple of weekends ago to book a hotel for my grandmother-in-law's funeral, and the experience was terrible. When we arrived at the hotel (which as a side note was terrible too), I showed the hotel my printed confirmation from kayak. It showed that we were booked in a standard double room. It said nothing about being smoking on the confirmation sheet. The hotel said that since a 3rd party had booked the room, they could not make any changes and that this very incident had happened several times before. They refused to book us in a non-smoking room, because those rooms were more expensive. They told me that the only way anything could change would be if I called kayak and had them change it. Fast forward to over an hour on the phone and over an hour waiting for a return call (which never came). Kayak refused to fix the problem and told me it was my fault for booking incorrectly. Even the fine print says it is a smoking or non-smoking room based on availability. There was a non-smoking room available!!! The people at kayak were rude and refused to do anything to fix the problem and denied that it was wrong that it never said it was a smoking room. Another important side note here... other rooms on the website CLEARLY were marked smoking rooms/suits. So, wouldn't any normal person assume if it didn't say anything it would be non-smoking? Anyway, we were late for family gatherings related to the funeral, so I left it with them by saying I would be sure to tell everyone I know what a sham this whole thing was, and NOT to use their services in the future. Oh, and I had to pay the upcharge for a non-smoking room.

• Ri
                                  Rimkone Aug 01, 2012

DO NOT BOOK HOTEL ROOMS THROUGH KAYAK!!! We booked a room in Laughlin Nevada for one night and "upgraded" to the "Deluxe Tower" which is adults only and non-smoking. The room we were given was a dump - looked out over the trash cans, not in the Deluxe Tower and, it was a smoking room. We marched back down to the front desk where we were told that the rooms booked on a 3rd party site were not guaranteed and there was nothing they could (or would) do about it. We left and went to a Hilton 20 miles down the road. Guess it could have been worse. We could have booked and paid for a penthouse suite and ended up with this dumpy room...

• Dr
                                  Drance Aug 09, 2012

I am a very pissed off customer booking with kayak has been the worst experience and I will NEVER BOOK HERE AGAIN I proceeded to call kayak to ask if a room at the Hilton could be RESERVED for september 1st for my fiancés birthday I clearly asked the lady NOT ONCE BUT THREE TIMES that I did not want to book it right now because I was waiting till payday and also asked her if there was a deposit needed upon arriving and she finally said that you had to pay the complete
                                  Money right then and there after she had taken down ALL. Our information and I said no that is not what I want so I will NOT be booking this. She said is that all I can help you with I said yes and she said ok and hung up soon enough 225 dollars are taken out of my fiancés account. This is money we pay our bills with. I called your customer service and asked to talk to a supervisor and she said a manger is the highest position... Very unprofessional. No corporate number nothing. She said there's nothing we can do. Not even compensate for the inconvenience. I will be taking legal action. It is ridiculous that there isn't a corporate number I could reach either. I will NEVER recommend it to any of my friends or family ever again.

• Ri
                                  Rimze Aug 20, 2012

I was directed to an airline website from kayak to purchase a flight package. I submitted my ticket purchase on the airline website and a phishing note came up from the bank that issued my card requesting security info on my credit card. It is made to look like you have to fill out the form to complete the transaction so I did (stupid me) and the total came up as the original price listed on kayak without the additional charges I incurred for my tickets so I knew I had been phished. Kayak opens a new tab when they send you to the airline site. I would close down the kayak tab at that point or better yet, not use kayak.

• Hi
                                  Hidrone Aug 23, 2012

DO NOT USE KAYAK! They are a scam. They will use your credit info and keep charging you for reservations you never made. My bank even called them to tell them they are committing fraud and fought to get my money back. Their call centers are fraudulent. They are not in the United States but they pretend that they are and use American names to try and fool you but none of them understand English at all. It is impossible to communicate with them. STAY AWAY!!!

Kayak.comThey have the worst customer service

Their search engine is the best consolidator and easy to compare and find lower fares and options.

USE THIS SITE FOR JUST THAT - never purchase a reservation !!! They have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

I made a reservation the site calls it - 'booking' for three rooms for 2 nights as a backup for a party that was coming up. I "cancelled the booking on time" on the website and it gave me the cancellation number. All three rooms were under this single booking.

One week later, I saw a credit for just one room. I called the customer service and the supervisor on the floor, they keep telling me that it only cancelled one room and they wouldn't be able to refund my money. I have printed the screen that shows clearly the cancellation of this 'booking' which clearly lists three rooms and total charge but they refused to refund. I am sure I am not the only customer who was robbed because of the hidden technicalities they didn't fix on their side of the system.

USE THE SITE FOR LOOK UP and NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING because the CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!

• He
                                    HenrySul Nov 25, 2013

This kid with the mohawk agrees that Kayak.com sucks: https://plus.google.com/108759939393021030815/posts/416atvhgNRf

• He
                                    HenrySul Nov 25, 2013

Here is the kid. Not a fan of Kayak.

Comments

Kayak.com — An awful customer support experience

AWFUL. We were planning a trip to Napa and booked our hotel through Kayak.com. HOWEVER, when we arrived, it...

Kayak.com — They don't guarantee the reservations

Don't book hotels directly through Kayak.com -- they don't guarantee the reservations!!! I found a...