Just Eatjust-eat will steal your card details, save yourself the stress and order takeaway elsewhere

M

Hi,

in the past 4 months I have had my card cancelled twice by my bank due to someone attempting use my card details online. This has left me without a bank card for over a week at a time, which is a grave inconvenience. I just assessed my bank statements, and both times my card details were stolen I had just used my card on Just-Eat. These were the only 2 times I used my card, I usually use cash with takeaways (for good reason clearly!!!). Just-Eat was the only common purchase on both dates my card details were stolen, and it was clearly the same person stealing my money since the items they attempted to buy online were the same both times (both times they attempted to spend over 200 pounds on Tesco's website).

Thus, I have concluded that your website has swiped my card details both times and I AM NOT HAPPY (AND NO I WILL NOT BE POLITE BECAUSE YOUR WEBSITE IS EITHER RAN BY SOME DODGY PEOPLE OR IT IS A DODGY, NON-SECURE WEBSITE). I will be putting in a more formal complaint to the police, with my bank statements that prove this fraud. You either need to step up your website security, or you need to take a closer look at your employees.

The dates of fraud were Tuesday 14th of Feb and Tuesday 23rd May. And if you had not guessed, I will never use this corrupt website ever again, and will be giving some very tell-all reviews on whatever website I can. You can't really do anything for me, I just wanted to let you know that I have clocked onto your crooked ways and you will NOT be getting away with this.

• Ge
    germac Sep 05, 2017

I discovered hundreds of euro taken from my [irish] bank account by justeat.co.uk., angry is an understatement! and iv never even used this excuse for website or whatever it is!! its disgusting to think someone can do this., thankfully i have friend in fraud squad here in Ireland so Im pretty sure I will get answers Im looking for, .

• Just Eat Jul 18, 2018

Hi Max,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know this has happened, we're sorry to hear that you've been a victim of fraud.

Here at Just Eat, we take the safeguarding of customer data extremely seriously. Protecting our brand and our customers from online fraud is of utmost importance to us.

We have a dedicated information security team and we do not store customer card details on our website or app and all payments are managed securely by an independent, external payment service provider.

We understand that your bank have already been in touch, and we'd like to investigate from our side. Please do send the details to [email protected] so we can do so.