Jonathan Louis Internationalradley apartment sofa

E

I ordered this sofa at the beginning of the summer in order to have it by my move in date, which is in three days. I was called two weeks ago by Macy's saying it was ready early. Yippee! However today I got an email from Macy's stating that it would not be ready as the order was never received and that'd it would be another 6-8 weeks. What the heck? I promptly called Macy's and they stated that nothing could really be done, except I could get a $50 voucher. On what became an almost $1, 000 couch. My mother is helping me move in this week and she was going to sleep on the couch but now we'll have to stay in a hotel in Chicago in the area, which is at least $200 per night.
I then called Jonathan Louis directly and they stated I had to have a PO number. What? I never received that. They stated that I would have to contact who I bought the sofa through and MAYBE I could get it from them if they still had it. Without that PO number, they couldn't look into it. No explanations from Macy's or Jonathan Louis. I'm so disappointed. I would highly recommend not buying furniture through either of these parties. This has only made the moving process even more stressful, confusing, and frustrating.
I don't know what to do. I really just want an explanation and for someone to take responsibility.