John Deere Credit CorpStay away

N

John Deere Credit ordered a repossession of my farm equipment that was unnecessary and inconsiderate, and then charged me, the customer, $1, 000 to reclaim the equipment. Their action was not illegal, just illogical and insensitive.

When my income was reduced last year, I contacted all of my creditors asking for lower payments. Of nine credit accounts, John Deere was the ONLY one that refused. I continued to make regular payments, but at a reduced level. The original loan balance of $13, 600 was down to $1, 400 and would have been paid off before long, when they ordered the repossession, which cost me the additional $1, 000 to reverse.

Again, their action was not against the law, but it was counter-productive, in that they now have a very dissatisfied former customer who would have been loyal to them until this happened.

They need to reverse their rigid policies and offer their collection agents more leeway to approach their work with a stronger sense of humanity.

• Co
    cowfire Jan 24, 2011

Similar experience. I was late on a few payments, told JDC the situation, that I could pay back all the overdue with penalties and interest in 30 days. They said OK. 15 days later go to barn to find excavator repo'd. JDC added thousands of fees. Their collection agencies then told me contrdictory stories, yelled at me, etc. Nevere in my life will I use JDC. SUCH A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH I WILL AVOID JOHN DEERE...Which is sad because that's what our entire family of farmers has used for generations...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices