J2 Global CommunicationsBad service

A charge of $179.50 appeared on my credit card for a company I never heard of. I called the company in question from the number displayed on the charge my credit card company supplied. A lady named Vanessa with a foreign accent offered to cancel the charge and gave me a confirmation number, she then started asking personal financial information. I refused to give her anymore info and she replied that the charge would be cancelled. The number I called was [protected]. I then called my credit card company and the said since the charge was already processed, they would send me a dispute form and I must return it ASAP.

• Da
    Dave Fravel Jan 09, 2008

This same thing happened to me, except:

- it was my credit card company that contacted me questioning the charge
    - the charge was for $173.94

Capital One gave me the same phone number to call as listed in the original complaint. I haven't bothered to call, but instead have taken care of this through the credit card company (same deal - dispute form which I have to sign and send right back.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices