iTravel2000last minute cancellation

On October 25, 2011 I booked a week long vacation for Dec 27-Jan 3 with iTravel2000 to Mexico. I received notification of a change in flight times Nov. 4, and my itinerary was electronically sent Nov.10. On it was information about printing off my e-tickets 7-10 days in advance. I printed the ticket on Dec. 20 and anticipated my vacation. At 6pm on Dec.22 I received an e-mail from iTravel2000 that my trip was cancelled. I have a narrow window for my vacations and asked if they could re-book in that time period. The earliest was Jan 13. The Tour operator Thomas Cook Travel said that the flight schedule on that particular day was cancelled Nov. 11, and that they had notified iTravel2000 at that time. One representative at iTravel2000 claimed they sent out a notification, and when pushed on this, said i should call back. Another claimed they just received the cancellation notice. Needless to say, I was not able to take my trip, and my travel companion, (who wisely booked with another company), had to spend time in Mexico by herself. I hope others will avoid this company, as they did not even bother to offer some type of compensation for their error.