Iowa Steak Companybad meat

I purchased soe meat from one of there salesman that drives around selling meat. I've purchased meat similar before this way but different company. they lay it all out for you and tell you they are almost giving this meat deal away it's so cheap. they start with and out ragious price and by the time there done with there speal they tell you well I'll tell you what . I'm not making anything off you if I sell it that low but I'll tell you what if you buy this along with this I'll tell you what I'll give you the whole thing for ? well you get the picture. there first line is when they walk up is ( hey my boss sent me out with just a few boxes left that they can sell me at a 75% savings if we sell it today) . I thought after first time well let me try another different cut. well forth time I tried that I said there's something wrong with this meat. it just doesen't taste right. your suppossed to be getting your tenderlions with bacon wraps and your new yorks and your premium burger patties and a few other top named steaksI can't remember at the moment. will bottom line is they are selling you something that is either old or some other cut or whatever. it's just not right.

• Vi
    Viola3 Sep 08, 2016

This is in regards to the Iowa Steak Company located at 221 170th ST S, Ste A, in Spanaway, Washington 98387. When the door to door salesmen (Pat) showed up at our garage door on 8/11/16 he was a smooth talker. My husband and I fell for his sales pitch. I told him we were in between paydays and that we just didn't have the money right now to buy any. He kept talking and talking. He brought out all the product he had to sell. He said that he could take a post dated check for the 19th. We ended up purchasing a seafood box for $100 and was told that it was worth $399 and if we were not completely satisfied then we would get our money back. That the product would last 1 year in the freezer. We ate the product the next weekend and they were terrible products. Coming from Maine I do know how to cook seafood. The lobster tails were strange tasting and shrank a lot when cooked (almost 1/2 their size), the scallops shrank to less then 1/2 their size and was mushy with lots of water in the pan, then the shrimp was dirty and I had to devein over 1/2 of them when they were supposed to be fully deveined and ready to eat. I called on the 8/22/16 and spoke with the secretary and told her what had happened. I asked her if there was a money back guarantee and she said yes. She said hang on and let me talk to the boss. I could hear her talking to someone and she came back and asked if we still had any of the product and how I would like to resolve the problem. I told her that I did not have any product left because I was never told that I needed to hang on to any of it in order to get a refund and I would like them not to cash the check or I will put a stop pay on it. She spoke with someone in the background and came back and "you don't have to put a stop pay on the check. Sorry this happened and I will send the check back to you as a full refund. It has not come across my desk yet but when it does I will send it back." She then proceeded to tell me that someone would call me during the week to speak to me about the problem. I didn't trust them and put a stop pay on the check anyways which cost me $31. I received a call on 8/30/16 at 9:16am from a Larry wanting to speak with me and asked that I call the [protected]. I did not have a chance to call him back. On 9/2/16 at 9:16am again he called and left a message and said that the check had been stop paid and there would be legal action if this did not get resolved. I called him back and he was very rude to me stating "if you would have had some of the product we would have exchanged it for you. You can't just eat the product or thow it away and then want your money back." I told him the same thing I told the secretary. Larry said that we should have put the product in a baggie and saved it for them. He said that I still needed to pay for the product and I told him the salesman (Pat) said we had to be completely satisfied or we got our money back. Larry said only if we still had the product. The salesman never specified that when speaking with him on 8/11/16. Now Larry is threatening me with legal action for a check that was stop paid when he already approved of his secretary sending the check back so it was like a full refund because we were not happy with what we received. Larry said "so you are saying go ahead with sending the check in to get collected" I proceeded to say "do what you need to do and I will be contacting the BBB" He said "go ahead".
    We should not pay for substandard food.
    Update: 09/07/16 received a letter in the mail threatening to turn me into the prosecuting attorney for putting the stop pay on the check. Stating that I did not have the money in the bank and I did it fraudulently. I have proof that I had money in the bank for the check and the letter I sent to the Better Business Bureau regarding this situation.

• Re
    Reviewer26978 Feb 22, 2016

Definitely the worst meat we have ever purchased. The "steaks" we're fatty, tough and cut wrong. We had two "fillets" tonight that were cut wrong and so tough we ended up feeding to our dogs. Their "New York Strips" appeared to be cut from round steak meat. One can only hope the meat was really beef. Excuse me but I need to head to McDonalds for some real beef for our supper.

• Al
    Aleeda Aug 09, 2014

Most of our meat and chicken was in seal a meal bags not original black backed packaging

• Al
    Aleeda Aug 09, 2014

I am sick we bought this meat. It is horrible. The t bones flavor was unrecognizable . What can we do?

• Pa
    Patricia McCune Oct 24, 2012

Purchased Iowa Steak from traveling salesman. They really put their product as outstanding, telling you that it originally cost $498.00, but today you can get it for $180.00. No sales tax either, salesman asked how we felt about the government, so no sales tax! I got suspicious, only cooked 1 ribeye, looked huge, so much water in the meat, had to keep draining it. After cooking, it was thin as round steak, or thinner, and tasted terrible. I got sick after eating it, throwing up and no other details, but called my bank, the check had not cleared, put a stop pay on it. Finally got hold of the company, told them I was sending in the cancellation notice, as I had 3 days to do so, it was purchased on 10/22/2012, and today is 10/24/2012. DO NOT FALL FOR SCAMS THAT SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN EVER!

• Dr
    dromaneski Jul 06, 2012

wow you people are nuts if you cant appreciate a good deal and great flavor of nice variety of steaks. my family and i have been eating ia steaks for years now and not only does there steak taste great but we also love there chicken and pork. cant comment on the seafood because we don't eat seafood. there is one more thing i would like to say about ia steak and that is in all the years i and my friends and neighbor's have been dealing with that company i have never had a bad or anything less than kind and courteous service. you people that are complaining about good companies like this company are probably the same people that beat there dogs and children or half of your diet consists of alcohol or worse! get a grip ! thanks for the time from the Romaneski family

• T2
    t2artse4u May 25, 2011

I just got duped by them. I'm afraid to try the meat now...I'm used to getting my meat from Whole Foods. I just thought the guy was being honest. I am not answering the door anymore.

chocolateluva Feb 05, 2011

y did u agree to take the meat anyways? there horrible!

• Da
    dawneesue Feb 05, 2011

I totally agree. The meat just doesn't taste/smell right. Total waste of money!!

• Sh
    Shut Them Down May 18, 2010

You are so right. They can sell it cheap, the company pays $50.00 a case. The sales rep pays $99.00 to $108.00 per case. The meat is very poor in taste.
    If you want to buy real Steak you need to go out to your local butcher shop for the best deals on real U.S. Steak.
    Iowa steak company buys their meat from Stampede farms, Stampede is only a packaging plant in Ill. if you go to their web site they dont even say where they get their meat.
    Buy your meats local not buy some fly by night company that needs to push it door to door and they dont even know where it come from.