[Resolved] IobitUnauthorised charge to credit card

M Review updated:

A charge of £68.98 has been made to my credit card dated 21 November 2010 with the description "Http://Asknet-Shops.Co, Anda Security"
I have never heard of this company let alone dealt with it and the item has been disputed through the credit card company. I do have security software with a similar name but I deal direct with the company involved & have not yet updated the software for the new version. This comment will be forwarded to the company concerned.

RESOLVED

• Cl
    Claudia Nov 28, 2008

They have a fake website offering Panda Security products. I paid for the item, got the download, but did not receive a receipt or a serial number.

• Wa
    Wayne Tinson Apr 04, 2018

@Claudia Beware of www.iobit.com they use a company called Asknet.com / Unauthorised charge to credit card who bill you for more software through paypal they give you no warning they are bottom feeders and when you try contact them they do not return emails and help themselves to your account using a loophole in paypal.

• Ki
    Kirk511 Aug 30, 2009

My account was billed twice by asknet-shops.com without my permission on August 24, 2009. One charge was for $19.99 and the other was for $0.19. I have never had any contact with this company and they have never received authorization from me to withdraw funds from my account. It is theft pure and simple.

• Ab
    abishara2000 Nov 02, 2009

On or around 30 Sept 2009 my Bank of America debit card was charged $100.60 by an ASKNET-SHOPS.COM
    I never dealt with such a company and I dont know of any transaction or authorization for this

• Ni
    Nick Butler Feb 21, 2010

I purchased a copy of Nero9 and never got an invoice or serial number from asknet-shops.com. The amount charged to my credit card was $117.91 on the 25/12/09.

saintpeter Mar 03, 2010

These ### charged my debit cart $160. I didn't not authorize the transaction and i have no idea what they sell or who the are. ### thief's

• Vi
    vicki jo smith Dec 22, 2010

I was charged for internet anti-virus protection that I didn't order, this charge came up on my bank statement and I didn't authorize it. I do all my anti-virus protection with Panda, and this showed up on my statement and I did not purchase it. I want this charge removed as soon as possible.

• Co
    coccos Dec 18, 2012

A charge of $49.98 was put on my account and I did not order anything from this company and I have no idea who or what they are. I will be contacting the BBB and filing a complaint against this company and their scams.

• Ta
    Tadeusz Mezynski Dec 27, 2015

Just received my citi card statement and on it I see a charge on 11/16/2015
    ASKNET" CYBERLINK SHOP [877-8731459] FOR $48.45 No idea what this is?

• Fr
    Frankrob Apr 04, 2017

Same here in Washington State.. Cancelled charge from ASKNET

• Es
    espoir Jul 01, 2018

@Frankrob I know this company . this is based in India, addresse - B-23, C-1, SEC - 62, institutional area, Noida - 201307 Uttar pradesh, INDIA . contact - 01204911206 . I worked here for few days. they are doing scam in - french, japanese, english, german and spanish.

• Cr
    crb401 Feb 08, 2018

I never purchased this soft ware. I want the $79.92 money put back into my credit card. Thank you Charles Brownlee

• Wa
    Wayne Tinson Apr 01, 2018

Asknet using a backdoor loophole in Paypal to access your money beware 1 year ago i purchased a iobit program for $31.00 i just found asknet withdrawing money for software i never ordered and took $65.00 from my paypal account ..BEWARE..

• Io
    IObit Apr 16, 2018

@Wayne Tinson Hi Wayne, this is IObit Support Team. Asknet is a partner of IObit. If you have any problem with your payment, please contact us via [email protected], we will try to locate the payment for you. Thank you.

• Es
    espoir Jul 01, 2018

BENO SUPPORT, B-23/C-1, SEC -62, institutional area, noida - 201307, INDIA . this company is doing online scam in 5 foreign languages - french, german, spanish, english and japanese. they using payment portal ' asknet longrun online'. Ultraheal .
    company contact no . - 01204911206

• Cu
    cutris Aug 08, 2018

my wife was looking at the obit upgrade and wanted to see what it would cost
    she decided not to upgrade and when she hit the back button she hit the upgrade button by mistake
    I called and left a message and It was an unauthorized charge for $19.99
    I think that when you make a mistake it sould be refunded back into your account
    she said that she has tried calling but only gets a message
    she thought the upgrade would be free but it wasn't and she is insisting that they put the money back and will not
    upgrade
    I have read the posts and don't like what I am reading

none55 Sep 24, 2018

I too have recently received an extremely official looking email stating that my
    prescription is being auto-charged. WUT? What prescription? And who the hll
    is UltraHeal? So I started searching and looks like there's a number of scams
    coming out of Germany at the time. I'm pasting the entire come-on scam below
    so everyone reading this will know what to look out for:
    ~~~~~~~~~
    UltraHeal Online Shop [email protected] via asknet.de
    5:13 AM (3 hours ago)

to me

Dear valued Customer,

We would like to inform you that your subscription is about to expire. If you would like to renew your subscription please find the buy-link for the referring renewal product below.

Subscriptions Overview | Order #301111371

Next Renewal: 09/24/2018

Renewal Product: Advanced PC Doctor
    Renewal Price: $3.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To administrate your subscriptions please login to your account.

If you have any questions about your subscription or the order process, please contact us:

Sincerely,
    Your UltraHeal Online Shop Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE NOTE: THIS E-MAIL HAS BEEN GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY.
    THE SENDER ADDRESS IS MANAGING ONLY OUTGOING, NOT INCOMING COMMUNICATION.

UltraHeal Online Shop of asknet AG
    asknet AG, Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str. 3, D-76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
    Board of Managing Directors: Sergey Skatershchikov (CEO)
    Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Tobias Kaulfuss
    Commercial Registry: Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 108713 - VAT-ID: DE 175 999 667

UltraHeal Online Shop [email protected] via asknet.de
    5:14 AM (3 hours ago)

to me

Dear valued Customer,

Unfortunately there was a problem with the autobilling service for your subscription.
    The payment for your renewal failed.

Your subscription has now been switched to manual renewal mode.
    You can renew the subscription of a product using the related link.

• To
    TonyCo Jan 15, 2019

10 bit use asknet to take further payments from my paypal account .. I tried a 10 uninstaller pro and paid for it via paypal, on the advice of microsoft I uninstalled it and thought no more about it. 12 months later £47.10 for 3 of 10 bits products that I never ordered appeared in my email ... what a scam I want my money back

• Dr
    d.r. washington Jul 26, 2019

I did not authorize this purchase no one did I would appreciate my refund thank u very much.

• Co
    Con Tranor Sep 15, 2019

I've been using Iobit products for many years and have never had a problem with the company. However, they use Asknet as their pay portal and Asknet is scamming people. Asknet scammed me by charging me more than $70 for a product or service I never bought. Asknet charged my Paypal account. I called Paypal and they said they would remove the charge but never did. I'm sorry to say that Paypal is not reliable when it comes to resolving disputes. This is not the first time that Paypal has ignored a bogus charge.

• Io
    IObit Sep 16, 2019

@Con Tranor Hi Con,

This is IObit Support Tema.

Please contact us via [email protected] to let us know your payment statement, so we can further locate your order and further deal with it.

Thank you for your time.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices