Intercapebad service

C Review updated:

I booked the Intercape Mainliner bus from PTA to CT for the 9/04 departing PTA at 17:00. A sleepliner arrive at the PTA station at 17:00 and all the mainliner passenger where placed on the bus, stating that we were going to get our bus in JHB. I was fine with that and it was treated quite professionally by the hostess assisting us. The We eventually get to JHB by around 18:30 and are told to get on one bus then told to get off the bus, then on it again and so forth. there was a lot of confusion at the JHB terminal.I was told to get a sit number and the people giving seat numbers tell me I do not need one. So eventually everyone that was meant to be on the mainliner to CT was told to wait 30 min as a different bus was on the way. By 21:00 a bus eventually arrived and we got on the bus. Then something was wrong with the bus so we had to wait an additional 30 min before the bus could leave. When I thought everything was sorted and we were eventually on the way, the bus breaks down in Litchenburg. Apparently the radiator pipe burst or something. So we are told a mechanic has been contacted and is on the way from CT and there is a bus heading our way that will take us the rest of the way to CT. This is great, however the arguement between the passanger and the crew arises when the bus driver talks to a different courier bus to take some of the passangers with. This is communicated as a possibility by the Hostess. Great. However the Driver turns and tells a select few of the passangers that the other bus can only take nine passanger and he tells them to fetch their bags as they are going on the bus. So the rest of us are wondering what is the criteria that one had to meet to get on that bus as all te people chosen are of fair skin and so is the driver by the way. He tell us that those people are running a race in CT and have to register before cut off time. even though some of the people he put on the bus could not even walk let along run a race nogal.And when asked about such passangers he tells us it's just because we are not priority that is why we are not getting on the bus. The arguing ensued for a while until the other courier bus left.Then communication ceases. The driver did not tell us what was going on and when we are expecting a other bus to arrive. I had to go and ask the driver and get that information to the other passenger. So eventually the other bus arrives and I get to my stop at 20:30 instead of the planned 14:00. one business meeting and spiritual meeting cancelled for the day. My business might not be a priority to them but it most certainly is to me and being told that I am not a priority when they had not bothered to find out if i had urgent business in CT and I can could make alternative arrangement was not hot at all.

• Se
    severino Sep 15, 2015

I launched a complain and it was never solved and my last letter which was never replied is as follows:

To: Shana Jantjies

Cc:

Subject: RE: URGENT REQUEST- Complaint C61659

I have seen and read your letter including the terms and conditions and understood it.

My request is a letter that confirms the time of depature and arrival at Beitbridge boarder post as simple as that.

From your terms and conditions there is nothing which have anything to do with my request.

I will appreciate your quick response

CharlotteBinneman Aug 15, 2018

Trailer nr Cy245-776. At Stilfontein close to Klerksdorp on the N12 the bus was supposed to reduce speed to 60km. The lanes became one and the bus forced me off the moving lane and passed me at a very high speed. He then saw I took pictures and reduced speed. Lucky nothing happened because I saw him coming, but it could have been different...

• Na
    Nadiane Aug 16, 2018

My suitcase was broken on my way home from Uitenhage to Vanderbijlpark bus 219. One of the wheels has been broken off and the side is cracked open. This is totally unacceptable.
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

• Ka
    Kate263 Aug 21, 2018

Your drivers are very rough to customers bus 88 Harare to Johannesburg 28/03/18

[email protected] Aug 29, 2018

No passenger notification. They left passengers even if they seee them commng, It's raining inside the bus .toilets over flowing

• Ti
    Tigerree Sep 02, 2018

I asked to book the earliest bus, Pretoria to Harare. Got the 12pm. Bus arrived Pretoria at 1pm then instead of going straight to Zimbabwe, bus went back to joburg. Left joburg at 3pm. This is not a 12pm bus as advertised. No announcement were made. Made attempts to ask tellers but they were all pushing me to the next employee. This is ridiculous.

• Al
    Allistor Oct 03, 2018

Over loading and very upset should have been in Jhb at 4 still stuck in the heat in the bus with no air how utterly a disgrace to Intercape. The heat plus no explanation why we had to wait. Due to this we are waiting for someone to explain. Longest most dreadful and aweful experience ever. Being delayed by negligence.

• Fl
    Flint1 Oct 22, 2018

My name is Flint
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

• Zw
    Zwelakhe Peter Oct 22, 2018

Hi,

My wife is currently in a bus from PE to Johannesburg. The bus doesn't have a toilet, never thought Intercape such a bug company would not have a basic need like a toilet. Pathetic if u ask me. Even smaller companies with cheaper services have this. U have just lost a customer who uses your services.
    Zweli: [protected]

• Tr
    Trevino Vino Frieslaar Nov 15, 2018

Board on port elizabeth, sleepliner had a breakdown so they place us on a mainliner bus which is due to change over to sleepliner in colesburg, no seat allocation, we get to uitenhage people get on, while bus is riding the attendants wakes me up and tells me to move just to place people in my seat who booked seats together but there are other seats

• Di
    Dieketseng Mpolokeng Apr 03, 2019

Intercape bused are not clean, they smell bad and the air con is switched on the whole 16 hours even at night therefore it's very cold, , , there is nothing to watch on their screens, .

It's just a horrible bus with horrible service, their employees are not nice and are rude.

• Mo
    Moosa Monia Jul 02, 2019

Buss leaves the pick up point 15 before scheduled departure time, and all they could say that they cannot be held responsible
    Extremely sloppy on there behalf

Mahle Oct 07, 2019

The seating arrangement in this bus is extremely weak I mean I am not Satisfied I am never ever Using intercape ever again

• Na
    Nabeelahmed Oct 27, 2019

No toilet paper in toilet and no watter in toilet its to much dirty toilet peoples are to much borring in your buss its not fair

• 39
    393AK Nov 05, 2019

Pathetic service from the Intercape bus drivers expecting a woman to be seperated from her two daughters expecting her to leave them to sit in the front seats and telling her to sit at the back with her son! He even had the audacity to tell her she is wasting his time! Rude and unfriendly. Arrogant.