Having problems with Intercape?

Corner of Staal & Research Roads
Pretoria
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Intercape.

Complaints & Reviews

Intercapeaircon

I tuk at 19h45 bus on 02.02.18 from Midrand to Durban. The aircon was on and the driver switched it off after we departed joburg. I went to the driver's door nd knocked for a good 15 minutes with no answer. I perserved until we reached Montrose. When i got out to take a breathe of air i informed the driver to please switch on the aircon because it was too stuffy . He agreed that he will switch it on. That never happened.

The bus broke down just after Montrose in Harrismith at around 2am...we waited for mechanic but the bus could not be fixed nd had to wait for another bus coming from dbn wch arrived at 7am. No aircon was on all that time till we reached dbn.

This is uncalled for...we cant be breathing same breathes for so many hours. Even air frm the aircon above our heads was off all these hours. Please investigate this matter amd create a policy where we can access air wen using your coaches!

Intercape Busesbus was late

I am so disappointed with the service at intercape Johannesburg. I arrived on thurs morning from Durban to connect to a bus to malelane. When I arrived my bus was already late. I went to the counter to ask and they made me join a wrong line for check in and my connecting bus left. Nobody was calling out or asking us like other buses where doing before the bus leaves nobody seemed to care even after they realize they made me hold the wrong que. I am very dissapointed and my day is ruined and money waisted not even a partial refund is in question. Will never bother with intercape ever again. The staff in Johannesburg is rude and unprofessional.

Intercapepark station office

I bought tickets in Harare for Jo-burg to Harare journey for my wife and her sister. I then changed the departure time from evening time to afternoon 25 January 2018.

When they got to the counter, one of your staff said they need a card impression for the purchase. I then drove to the Cresta office in Harare to which the sales rep then called Park Station office and told them I was physically present which my Id card and Bank card.

Your agent at Park Station then continued to insist they need a card impression. I thought this was being unnecessarily hard stanced given that I was there physically.

I have bought multiple Tickets in Harare but never had this problem. I was inconvenienced to drive all the way to Cresta office and show them the cards.

Did you agent really care about these customers travelling? I don't think so. If I was far away or out of reach they would have been denied travel to your agents satisfaction I think. I am disturbed by the manner you agent acted.

I look foward to your response on this matter because in future I want to be certain I will not have such an issue before buying tickets for someone.

Ticket num : [protected] 5X R661
      [protected] 5T G300

Intercapelost luggage

On the 22 december i was travelling from johannesburg to Umthatha the luggage carrier kept on opening on our way because it was not closed properly and the drivers saw that ...when we arrived at our destination my suite case was not there one of the drivers said we must report the matter ourslf and i reported the matter sent documents that state wht was in the suit case and how much are those things worth, been doing a follow up but today they telling me i was suppose to insure my luggage they is nothing they can do

Jan 22, 2018

Intercape — long delay

I booked a bus from Shell Ultra Samrand Midrand for 10:15pm on the 19/01/2018. I was taken to JHB Park...

Jan 03, 2018

Intercape — bus service and state of vehicle

I booked 3 tickets at a total cost of R893 for my family to travel. The bus arrives at Midrand ultra city...

Johannesburg

Intercapebad service

I am o my way to Gauteng, we hav been complaining about air conditioning which s not controlled by individual drivers are the ones who Controlling it, Just opened it and it's too cold, I have paid lot of money o get this cheap service, even cheap buses, will make customers Happy, t Happy, this is a worse services I have ever had, distance too long to bare the coldness

Intercapebad customer service and management.

I used Intercape to travel from Pretoria to Bellville. (My ticket number was 0412172106ZY740 Sleepliner) The bus departed at 16:45 (later as it should have left which was at 16:15) which is excusable. But then as I met the person allocated in the seat next to me, he remarked that he is not too happy that there is no seatbelt or food tray on his seat (who checks these things?). I found this unacceptable as there were other seats available - he should not have been allocated to a seat that is clearly not suited for a person who payed a reasonable amount of money. Then we had to watch Kangaroo Jack a few times as the dvd clearly got stuck or something. This is also okey as these things do break from time to time. The next morning there was just no tv/movies playing and no driver/staffmember apologising to his customers. Again this is excusable? Then upon arrival at Bellville just before 2pm (instead of the estimated 12:30) me and about 5 other customers were told that our bags can not be unloaded as they are packed too deep in the trailer. How did this happen? We all have clear tags on our suitcases stating that we are traveling to Bellville? So we had to drive with the bus to Cape Town. This was really inconvenient especially after travelling for 21 hours and the mission of organising a lift back to Bellville. I felt sorry for the other people who were in my shoes too, this cost all of us money that we should not have needed to spend. So upon arrival in Cpt and after collecting our bags, we were told to wait as there will be a bus to take us back to Bellville. Only me and another lady heard this, sadly, as the rest of us already had made plans to get back to Bellville. This was not communicated to all of us, I am sure the rest would also have used this transport back to Bellville. So we waited and waited and waited at the station. I then went to the Intercape Desk at the Station to enquire as to which bus we are to look out for and what time will it arrive? The three staff members sitting there did not really want to look up or help me and rather communicated the information I needed to each other in stead of speaking to me in correct professional fashion as a customer should be treated. Not even to mention that they were not friendly at all. Who manages Customer Service at Intercape??Then I went back outside again to wait for the bus and watched another Intercape staffmember (lady) talking to a customer while having a smoke! Intercape is clearly not what it used to be. A bus stopped, apparently not the one we should be getting on, one of the drivers shirt had holes at the back. The other driver shirt was open and he had to button his shirt in front of us. Again - Intercape this is not professional? What market are you targeting?? At last at 15:30 a bus (another sleepliner) arrived and after explaining the story to the driver who at first did not understand (and could not communicate properly as he was still eating something) and made a joke, I asked him to respect our (me and the other young lady) situation as we are tired and would really like to get home (by now we are half hour away from having travelled 24hours). He told us where to sit and we were on our way. Then a movie was shown called Dog Jack. This movie is about racism in America, the treatment slaves received from their white owners - a boys father being whipped to death and then the boy being hunted by the whites...Why do we need to watch this on a multi racial bus in a new South Africa - where children also travel. Who decides what movies should be shown?? By then I was in tears...extremely tired and truly embaressed as I am caucacian and the lovely lady who made the whole journey with me, now sitting next to me and also tired, is black. Then upon arrival in Bellville (me and her very large suitcases were loaded on the bottom deck with us) I looked the driver in the eye as he opened the door and asked him to help me as its difficult to unload such a heave suitcase down the step. He ignored me and moved on. Another staff member just watched me and said nothing. My dad (who had a back operation) came to help me. Anyway, this is a long sorry letter, I know. And believe it or not, I'm not the type of person to complain. But I have been advertising Intercape to all my friends as a Christian bus company who really offers excellent service and enjoyable journeys, worth paying for a bit more than other bus companies. But I am terribly disappointed about this experience. Intercape, what happened? I look forward to hearing from you.

Intercapedriver of coach 152 from durban to joburg on the 26/11/17

It was on the 26/11/17 when i boarded an intercape coach 152 departin at 2200hrs from durban to joburg, driven by a guy light in complexion.i boarded the coach by the beach then we went to the park station.told one of the intercape staff dressed in all black to switch off the aircon as it was cold, so this guy said he will inform the drivers.the bus left the parkstation and along the way realised that nothing has changed its still cold.then told this light skinned driver and he says will get it sorted.he never did.that guy is heartless.imagine in a cold weather, with aircons on, how uncomfortable the passengers were.he just didnt care.do something about this or else u will loose customers.customer comfort should be ur priority.That driver deserves a place in HELL

• Updated by Mmaagwe ju · Dec 04, 2017

Actually the coach left durban on the 25th november at 2200hrs and arrived in joburg at 0530hrs

Intercapeintercape bus

I was from Johannesburg Park Station using bus 162 on the 25/12/2017. At Park Station I received 4 slips that I was instructed to submit to the driver I gave all those 4 slips to the driver. It is my very first time using intercape I don't know their rules and procedures. Firstly where I was sitting with my child that place there was blowing air above the head it was broken so I notified the driver who promised to come back, he didn't come, so I just put a tissue just to block the wind as it was coming strong. Nevertheless something that irritated me it is when we got off the bus I went to collect my luggage only to find out I dont have the other pair of slips. I tried explaining to to the driver and the other guy who was assisting with luggages that I gave all the slips that were given to me to the driver. They told me that impossible because everyone who was there had those slips. I tried explaining that it is my first time using intercape I did not even know that I was supposed to have extra pair of slips. They were attacking me not giving me a chance to respond and embarrassing me in front of everyone who was at Durban station. The error was with intercape as I was given shortage on slips from Park Station and yet I the one who is being attacked and made to look stupid. With this kind of experience I wont use Intercape I also wont recommend it to anyone. You should value your clients.

Intercapeeast london to pta 16th nov 2017

My name is Mamele Gideon Mzamo.
                  I am tired of traveling with intercape. In June the bus broke down it arrived in Joberg at 10h00 and i was late to a meeting. Today the bus that was scheduled for 16h45 arrived at 17h30 and we boarded at 19h30 and now 20h07 it is still in East London at Westbank searching for a truck stop. It looks like i will be late again for my meeting. How much more must i take from a Jesus preaching service when its treating me like this. Improve or lose out.

Intercapetraveling conditions

Complaint 09.11.2017. We on the 9pm 151 bus to Durban that left park station at 9:38 as our initial 056 bus was delayed. We were informed by the drivers that bus 151 had a toilet problem so we couldn't use that bus but then when 056 bus did not pitch we were told to get onto 151 and that the problem was fixed.. We left park station and within 20 minutes our eyes and noses were burning. .we informed the drivers who contacted the office to inform them they fixed the problem by filling the toilet with jeyes fluid and that the passengers were not comfortable on this bus but their advice was to stop for a few minutes for air and continue as nothing could be done.. After stopping for a few minutes the burn and irritation is still experienced... This is horrible service!! How can you Intercape allow us paying customers to travel in conditions like this?? Totally unacceptable!

Intercape — ticket service

I booked a return ticket for my mother that was to leave on Monday 6 November 2017 from East London to...

Intercape — toilet water on the floor : intercape bus

My daughter traveled from Upington to Bellville yesterday evening on bus 221 sitting at the bottom. I really...

Intercapeaircon

I was travelling from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town on Tuesday 31st October 2017 on the 19:00 bus from Green acres.
                      The Aircon on the bus was pathetic. It was so hot and humid downstairs in the bus the driver ascised there is a problem with it and he said a complain too.
                      With this I am sick now due to the Aircon notworking.
                      The bus itself was also not pulling properly on the road.
                      Please you need to make sure before the bus take the road that everything is in working order as people's lives is at risk here.
                      My service no is: IMO134
                      Ticket no:3010170134RI478

You can contact me on [protected]

Intercape — intercape gaborone

I travelled to JHB using Intercape. When I got there I needed directions to catch another taxi to Boksburg...

Intercapeinconvenience

It was 13 September 2017.We were travelling as a family of four from East London to Durban and we bought return tickets which were separated because my cousin was going to Port Elizabeth and we were going to East London.We arrived at the bus station at 15:00 to wait for a bus departing at 17:00, the bus arrived and the consultant whos name is Sibonisiwe broadcasted that the bus going to P.E via Mtata has arrived at people must queue, she never mentioned anything about East London and as it was out first time going to Durban we didn't know that East London was going to be on that bus too and when buying the tickets we were told it was going to be 2 different buses .My cousin got on the bus and we waited for ours, the bus left at 17:03 and at 17:05 we went to ask when is our bus arriving and the lady told us that the bus has already left and there's nothing she can do it's out fault and that we should have known the bus was going to East London, we asked for the manager and she said he wasn't there and she gave us an old number that ddnt go through only to find out that the manager was there all along.The manager came and he told us there was nothing he can do we have to wait for 17:00 tomorrow and he couldn't even accomodate us with a place to stay, he then left us there and went home.there were three different groups of people that day who had similar problems, the Managers name is Terrence Naidoo.We called the offices in Cape town and the lady there ddnt want to give us her surname which we later found out from Sibonisiwe that it was Melaine Derdriks, she also told us there was nothing she can do and said we must give the phone to Sibonisiwe only to repeat what she told us and hang up.We went to the police station and the police said they have many complaints about Intercape and they can't do anything as it was not their line of work.they were very rude and did not care about our safety.We had to book a hotel that night and city to city tickets as my Aunt had to go to work and we were told that there are no refunds at intercape.We kindly ask for our money back and for the law to play its part

Intercapepoor service at lost and found call centre.

I travelled from Port Elizabeth to Butterworth on the 08 September my reference number is 0809170213BL331. When I got off in Butterworth at about 00:25, I was given the bag without even checking the reference number if it reconciles with my bag. The area where I get off is dark but knowing that the drivers don't check the bag numbers Intercape should have an efficient lost & found unit. I have been calling the call centre since Saturday the 09 Sept and I have just been transferred to different people which I have to provide the same details over and over again. The stickers and names of passengers in the bags are just decorations because as my bag was exchanged with a Mrs S Griesel if it was an efficient company they would have called her as the bags are both blue and it might happen that she took my bag.

Inter-Cape Bus Services Park Stationhave 2 kids and could not sit next to them

On the 30/08/2017 my husband and I took our twin boys aged 3 to Mozambique with the 22;00 pm bus, my kids paid full amount, when we arrived at Park Station, we asked the man checking our tickets and luggage to please let us sit next to each other as I am Breast feeding He replied No!! I asked him his name as he had no name badge on, he said he don, t want to give me his name .what cold service we received. No more Shame pit on them !!!

Intercapebus trip from jhb to umtata

This was a date 30 August 2017, the bus had to leave at 17:30 and we only left at 18:30 with an hour delay. The excuse given was traffic staff by the gate very rude with chubby guy wearing black at white saying the bus is late nothing can be done might as well accept. We were standing for an hour whilst other buses like Greyhound and APM were announced on time travelling on the same traffic. I have never been given a lame excuse in business, i called now i got transferred as no one wanted to take accountability a guy by the name of Chad eventually answered with same lame excuse.this is very unproffessional and lastly in the bus a lady asked why they just change channels she was given a rude a response the guy very arrogant saying "ndyakuphoxa ngaphezu kwam " look for translation its un Zulu very shocking response. The bus number is 067 .Hope this will receive your highest attention and egent action.

Regards