[Resolved] Intelius — unauthorized charges
I did a search online (once) on Intelius' website and I only authorized $6.95 to be taken off my credit card and they took that ($6.95) PLUS 19.95 which was unauthorized. When you do a one-time search, you're automatically put into a year long program (called membership), where they'll take 19.95 off your credit card every month -- BUT THEY DON'T TELL YOU THIS WHEN YOU DO THE SEARCH. You never authorize it. You don't discover it until you check your credit card balance and transactions and then you learn it. You can call customer service and complain and it'll be credited back to you and the "membership" cancelled -- but it VERY DEVIOUS AND FRAUDULENT that they do this without your consent. No where on their website does it show that you become a member and will be charged $19.95 a month (starting immediately). Their practice is devious and fraudulent. I can't believe they haven't been shut down.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Intelius Complaints & Reviews
- Intelius - stop billing me
- Intelius People Search - www.intelius.com - intelius - beware it's a rip-off!
- Int*intelius Sb - I was charged and have no idea what that is
- Ino*intelius.com / Sb - repeated unauthorized charges
- Intelius - scam
- Intelius - product/ scam
- Intelius - rip off
- Intelius - was charged for a subscription I never signed up or agreed to
- Intelius - fraud
- Intelius - deceptive billing practices