Innovation MarketingRecruitment fraud, False Job advert

A

Dear Job seekers,

Please avoid Innovation marketing company at all cost. They are a bunch of manipulative scammers who place job adverts on respectable recruitment websites such as Reed for customer service assistant. Don't be deceived they are really a door to door sales company.

I got this email from them
Appointment Time/Date : 9:15am Wednesday the 14th of November 2012

Thank you for your recent application for the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service
Opening for Innovation Marketing Organisation.
Our Manager Lawrence Lenzi had a look at your CV and your application was chosen as one of the few applicants we would like to pursue for the opening. Our Manager Lawrence would like to invite you in for an Initial Assessment on:
Wednesday the 14th of November 2012
To confirm your attendance please reply to this email with the suitable date, your Full Name, Telephone Number and the receptionist on the day will be there to greet you.
If you are unable to fill in the Application form attached - we have a copy that you can fill in on the day.
When attending please attend in Business Attire and take a copy of your most updated CV with you if you have one.

On getting there i saw a lot of young people like myself and we were taking into rooms for interviews i groups. It was them i started sensing that this may not be a customer service or marking role afterall. During the interview i was sold on the idea of making good money and beig a manager fairly soon. When I asked what a typical daily schedule will involve in this role, I was given a brief answer and was told that it varies. I was also told that most of my questions will; be answered if I was invited by for a second interview. When I got home, I did some internet search and i realised that the position was actually a door to door sales role. On the day of my second interview i got a call very early in the morning to confirm if i would be able to make the interview which was to start at 12noon and last for the rest of the day. I told the lady that i cant make it and I was going to send an email. SHE REPLIED SAYING" THANKS FOR WASTING OUR TIME" then she hung up. How RUDE and HYPOCRITICAL!!! It is companies like this that waste peoples time by not stating clearly on the job description that it is door to door sales.
These company are taking advantage of the fact that there is a recession and there are several young people who are desperately looking for work. Well I am not going to be a VICTIM this time. Also avoid EA Acquisition like a plague.

To all my fellow graduate and job seekers out there, keep applying and hopefully something good will come soon.

• Bo
    Boomscle Aug 24, 2018

Snap, I got the email from IBA Global to meet with Daniel Knox-Hooke

44 Sackville Place. Magdalene. Norwich. Same company, same people, same [censored]ty [censored] scam.

IBA GLOBAL DANIEL KNOX-HOOKE

Hopefully the more of us shout their names the more they'll get flagged up in searches over time.

• Sq
    Squawilliam Sep 07, 2017

Warning, they are now going by the name of IBA GLOBAL...exactly the same scam though,

Chiara Fitty May 19, 2017

Hello everybody and thanks for the warning posts.I got this message ten minutes ago...If I didn't read your posts, probably I would have joined them on Monday, so you all saved me too!

Dear Candidate,

You have been selected for the Customer Service and Sales role as a Brand Ambassador and my manager would like to meet with you to discuss the role further. We would like to schedule you in for the following appointment:

Appointment Date and Time: Monday 22nd May 2017 at 13:45 or Monday 22nd May 2017 at 14:00

Location: Unit 101, First floor, Metropolitan Wharf, 70 Wapping Wall, Wapping, E1W 3SS – from Wapping station turn right keep walking right until you get to ‘Fitness Space’ the next building along is us with double galss doors, on the right hand side dial 101 on the keypad and state you have a meeeting with IBA.

Meeting with: Recruitment Manager Denise

Please reply promptly with your name to confirm your preferred appointment date and time. Once you have done that your appointment will be confirmed automatically.

Please click the link below to find our Head Office Address in Wapping

E1W 3SS

• Hu
    Humera Choudhury Mar 01, 2017

hey guys,
    i just came across this site. i have had an experience similar to what is stated above, i too received an email claiming that i had an interview with 'Innovation Marketing' for a sales assistant post. I replied yes that i would attend thinking i must have accidentally applied for the job (i don't usually apply for customer sales/assistant roles). after replying i went through my saved jobs to look through my application form and the company but couldn't find it as i hadn't applied for it. i googled the company and this blog came up. good thing too, many thanks guys for confirming my doubts.
    safe to say, i wont be attending the interview tomorrow :), will be making better use of my day

• Li
    Liisa Evastina Feb 06, 2017

Thank you for the information - no need to waste time going in there. Is there any gov agency we can complain about them?

noelv7 Feb 01, 2017

OH MMM GGGG!!!

I am so glad I googled this forum and have found exactly the same email which I have received yesterday inviting me for interview.
    Here's the email below.
    OH dear. I am not going to waste my time then.
    a very Big Thank you to all of your who gave their experiences here.
    I wish you all the best in looking for genuine job opportunities.
    God bless you all.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Heres' the email I got below:
    Maria
    To [email protected] Today at 15:01
    This message contains blocked images.Show Images Change this setting

Dear Candidate,

I have the pleasure in informing you that we reviewed and shortlisted your CV on Total jobs, based on your skills. You have been selected for the Customer Service and Sales Representative role, my manager would like to meet with you to discuss the role further. We would like to schedule you in for the following appointments:

Appointment Time/Date:

Thursday 2nd February 2017 at 3 p.m. or Tuesday 7th February 2017 at 3 p.m.

Location: 32A-37 Cowper Street, Old Street. London EC2A 4AW

Meeting with: Katie Black

Please reply promptly with your NAME and CONTACT NUMBER to confirm your appointment. Should you not be available for the above date please contact our office and we will endeavour to schedule an alternative date for you.

The appointment is scheduled to last approximately 30 minutes. Should you be successful in your initial meeting with us, you will then be asked to return on another date for a second and final evaluation day.

Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing (no jeans or trainers) and bring a copy of your most updated CV with you if you have one. If you do not have access to a printer, then a member of the administration team will be happy to print off a copy of your CV when you arrive
    Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing.
    We offer all roles on a self-employed basis in order to provide our people with the best opportunity to earn based on their performance, and take on more responsibilities in the industry.

*Please note that applicants must be aged 18 and over, and that this role is best suited to someone who is able to commit to a full-time role on a permanent basis. Also, if you are on a student visa, we are unable to move forward with your application*

Please plan your journey, we are based at Old Street Tube station:
    We are located 30 seconds walk from ‘Old Street’ Tube Station. Please leave the station at exit 2 (GREEN EXIT) - signposted as: ‘City Road South (East Side), Wesley Chapel, Finsbury Square’. Turn left at the top of the stairs, and then on the left of ‘EAT’ sandwich shop is an off-road called ‘Cowper Street’ - Walk down Cowper Street to door 32a-37. If you need further directions, please call [protected].

For more exciting news on life inside our company, make sure you check out our website at :

I look forward to hearing from you,

Have an ingenious day !

Description: Description: C:UsersFatima_2Desktopevolution-300x174.jpg

Description: Description: cid:[email protected]

Description: Description: cid:[email protected]: Description: cid:[email protected]
    Maria Malela
    [email protected]

[protected]
    32-37 Cowper Street | London EC2A 4AW

• Je
    Jenny Murray Jan 26, 2017

My reply: (Please feel free to copy and paste to save yourself time in replying to these people who want to make money off you and not pay you for your effort)
    #### off. Then turn left and #### off in that direction
    Once you have done that, email your manager and tell them to #### off too.
    Stick your appoinment up your ###.
    ####edy bye scammy ### ### life.

Their email:
    On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Administration Team - Innovation Marketing wrote:
    RE: Customer Service and Sales Role – IMD Ltd.

Dear Candidate,

You have been selected for the Customer Service and Sales Representative role, my manager would like to meet with you to discuss the role further. We would like to schedule you in for the following appointment:

Appointment Time/Date: Friday 27th January 9:30am
    Location: 32A-37 Cowper Street, Old Street, EC2A 4
    Meeting with: Recruitment Manager

Please reply promptly with your name to confirm your preferred appointment time. Once you have done that your appointment will be confirmed automatically. Should you not be available for the above dates please contact our office and we will endeavour to schedule an alternative date for you? Or please call [protected] to reschedule or enquire.

Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing. (no jeans or trainers) and bring a copy of your most updated CV with you if you have one. If you do not have access to a printer, then a member of the administration team will be happy to print off a copy of your CV when you arrive

Please find directions to our office:

We are a short 1 minute walk from Old Street Station, please take the 2nd subway exit and you will see the shop EAT, we are directly on the road off of EAT, Cowper Street. Walk down the road and you will see us located at 32A -37. If you need further directions please feel free to contact our team on [protected].

• So
    Solo26 Jan 14, 2017

Hey everyone, I did once apply last year for another marketing company and pretty much went through the same thing where it's door sales on commission based pay with long hours (walking in the cold for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with no pay and you waste money on travel and food yourself) I lost a lot of money and left after just 1 week.

Anyways, I got this email here:

Dear [name]

Appointment Time/Date: Tuesday 17th January 2017 at 09:40am with James Marshall

Location: 32A-37 Cowper Street, Old Street, EC2A 4AW

Please reply promptly with your NAME and CONTACT NUMBER to confirm your preferred appointment time. Once you have done that your appointment will be confirmed automatically. Should you not be available for the above dates please contact our office and we will endeavour to schedule an alternative date for you? Or please call [protected] to reschedule or enquire.

Denise Luck
    Recruitment Administrator

Naturally, I wanted to do some research and came across this website and now i'm thinking that I shouldn't even respond to this email because I'm not wasting my time and money to repeat the same mistake this year. I wanted to post this email so that others can still see this is happening in 2017, thanks.

noelv7 Feb 01, 2017

@Solo26 It happened to me just today.
    I received an email from them saying the same message like yours.
    I am taking this time to warn others.

• Kh
    khalid37206 Dec 20, 2016

thaaank you i got e-mail as well
    Ref: Event Sales and Promotions

I have been in receipt of your CV and I would like to tell you that you have been short - listed and therefore I would like to invite you for an initial appointment on either of the following dates:

Wednesday 21st December 2016 at 1:30pm
    Wednesday 21st December 2016 at 3pm

Please select the appointment you would like to attend and email your confirmation.

32a - 37 Cowper Street. London, EC2A 4AW

I have included directions at the end of this email for your information. On arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with Katie Black, and someone will ask you to complete an application form.

The purpose of the appointment is to assess your suitability for the above opening, and give yourself, and the Manager, an opportunity to gain further information before making a successful appointment. During the recruitment process we may seek further clarification on information provided to us on your application.

When attending your appointment please bring a copy of your CV with you and ensure you are dressed in business attire.

NB - We regret to inform that we unable to meet with Applicants who are on a student visa. This is due to the restriction of being permitted to work on 20 hours per week on this visa. Also, due to legal requirements applicants must also be over the age of 18.

I would be grateful if you could reply to confirm your attendance date. You will automatically be booked in upon receipt of your confirmation.

Please find directions to our office:
    If arriving at our offices via tube, we are located 2 minute walk from Old Street Station (Northern Line). Please leave Old Street tube station at Exit 4. Turn Left at the top of the stairs and you will see COWPER STREET on your right hand side. There is The Central Foundations Boys School on the right and we are on the left side of the road number 32a - 37. The company is clearly sign posted at the entrance Felix Marketing. Our reception is located on the 2nd floor.

Regards
    Abby Batchelor
    Description: cid:[email protected]
    Recruitment Team
    Storm Marketing UK

JobSeekerLal Dec 17, 2016

Hello everybody!
    I went to two interviews with these guys. And read the posts here. I am still confused. If I am going to be a salesperson, isn't it supposed for me to go
    door to door and try to convince people. Also these Innovation Marketing have a twitter profile for at least 5 years, and they have organized some events for their employees.
    I will be really thankful if I receive more detailed information on this.

• He
    Hellow820 Dec 02, 2016

Thank you guys for this. I got a similar email from Storm Marketing which has same address and phone number so i guess they are all the same. You guys save me a lot of time. Thank you

Good afternoon,

Congratulations, your CV has been head hunted by our recruitment team. I have great pleasure in informing you that you have been shortlisted and I would like to invite you for a first appointment on:

Tuesday 6th December at 13:00 OR
    Wednesday 7th December at 13:45

Please reply to confirm which appointment time and date suits you best. If you cannot attend any of these dates, please let me know and we will try to reschedule you.

When attending please arrive in Business Attire/Smart Clothing and please bring a copy of your CV with you.

Directions
    The closest station to our office is Old Street on the Northern Line.
    Take exit 2 stairs and to your left will be E.A.T To the left of E.A.T will be an off road called Cowper Street. We are on the left hand side of this road at 32A - 37 Cowper Street

Press the buzzer for the 2nd Floor labelled Storm Marketing and the receptionist will greet you
    when you arrive. Total time of the appointment will last 20-30 minutes.

Please note that we can only accept applicants aged 18 or over.

Please check the TFL website for the Journey Planner. If you have any problems finding us once you get to Old Street, give us a call and we can gladly help you for any directional help you may need.

We look forward to seeing you for your interview

Web: www.storm-marketing.uk
    Telephone: [protected]
    Company Reg: [protected]

Deborah Louise Nov 16, 2016

Action Fraud on [protected] or online at www.actionfraud.police.uk c/o FCA org posted

Deborah Louise Nov 16, 2016

https://www.fca.org.uk/ Useful information highlighted on the news last night about 'business' scams

Deborah Louise Nov 16, 2016

I was also contacted by this 'company' via total jobs inviting me for an interview which I arranged. I was fortunately alerted before going to the interview to be cautious as this may be a scam whereby such a company may try to obtain personal information and have invited the person who contacted me to confirm the company's position regarding this article about the company's practise. I am concerned that such a company is allowed to operate if these claims are substantiated and hope that candidates who were inconvenienced reported their concerns to police so that these complaints can be investigated. Further all businesses should be registered businesses as far as I am aware and the local authority - council should be informed that this business is in operation.

Annonmous123 Nov 12, 2016

These mofo's dont know were I come from in my ends these would be ko'ed best see how they are on monday.

Annonmous123 Nov 12, 2016

If all these scams are true I am gonna punch them on the bloody neck

• Al
    aleksandra smirnova Nov 01, 2016

Thank you Guys for notify everyone about this company!
    Your posts are really useful!
    now is almost 2017 year and this scams still exist!

• Ci
    Cissy Lee Oct 18, 2016

Thank you so much for the detailed information.
    I received the invitation too. Later, I found it is suspicious because I cannot find any history of applying this position. Moreover, its website does not really tell people what they really do. Thank goodness that my husband found this blog which offers the information of this company.

Ref: Sales and Marketing Opening

Following the receipt of your application for the above opening, I have great pleasure in informing you that you have been short - listed and therefore I would like to invite you for an initial appointment on:

Wednesday 19th October 2016 at 9:20am
    Wednesday 19th October 2016 at 2:20pm

We are currently holding initial appointments for you to meet our Manager and visit our office in Old Street, London. The meeting is designed for us to get to know you, discuss the roles you have worked on in the past, and to discover what your passions and motivators are for your next opportunity. During the recruitment process we may seek further clarification on information provided to us on your application.

Please Email me back with the date most suitable for you, if either one of the dates are not suitable please contact the office on the numbers listed below for us to look at alternative dates for you.

32a - 37 Cowper Street. Shoreditch London, EC2A 4AW

I have included directions at the end of this email for your information. On arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with Zara Lenzi, and someone will ask you to complete an application form.

The purpose of the appointment is to assess your suitability for the above opening, and give yourself, and the interviewer, an opportunity to gain further information before making a successful appointment. During the process we may seek further clarification on information provided to us on your application.

When attending your interview please can you ensure you bring with you your original documents confirming your legal rights to work in this country (Visa documents if needed for the UK). Also, please bring a copy of your CV with you, and ensure you are dressed in business attire. Please note you must be 18 years old or over.

Please find directions to our office:
    If arriving at our offices via tube, we are located 2 minute walk from Old Street Station (Northern Line). Please leave Old Street tube station at Exit 2. Turn Left at the top of the stairs and you will see COWPER STREET on your right hand side. There is The Central Foundations Boys School on the right and we are on the left side of the road number 32a - 37. The company is clearly sign posted at the entrance Innovation Marketing. Our reception is located on the 2nd floor.

Mrs anonymous Oct 13, 2016

·         Monday 3rd October at 09:25 OR

·         Tuesday 4th October at 09:25

·         Tuesday 4th October at 14:25

Please select your chosen time and reply to this email with a confirmation. If you are unable to attend either, please call the office and I will do my best to reschedule you.

32a - 37 Cowper Street. Shoreditch London, EC2A 4AW

I have included directions at the end of this email for your information.  On arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with my company director: Ksenia, and someone will ask you to complete an application form.

Top applicants will be invited back to spend a full day with our team before final decisions are made.

When attending your interview please can you ensure you bring with you your original documents confirming your legal rights to work in this country (Visa documents if needed for the UK) and a form of identification to prove you are over the age of eighteen.  Also, please bring a copy of your CV with you, and ensure you are dressed in business attire.

I would be grateful if you could reply to this email to confirm your attendance.

Please find directions to our office:

We look forward to meeting you.

Kind

When I got to the interview all they where talking about is sales and marketing door to door kind of job but I never applied for that kind of job I applied for a job care job so why are they advertising faults online and wasting people's time wankers.

Mrs anonymous Oct 13, 2016

RE: Marketing Invitation
    ES

Thu 06/10/2016 16:58
    Inbox
    To:
    'Sheree Coleman' ([email protected]);
    You replied on 11/10/2016 10:37.
    14:30 Monday 10th September

From: Sheree Coleman [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: 06 October 2016 13:40
    To: Elysia Showan
    Subject: RE: Marketing Invitation

I be working Friday sorry any other days

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
    From: Elysia Showan
    Date: 10/6/16 1:38 PM (GMT 00:00)
    To: 'Sheree Coleman'

From: Sheree Coleman [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: 02 October 2016 22:44
    To: Elysia Showan
    Subject: RE: Marketing Invitation

Sorry I can't make it tomorrow is there a chance we can reschedule for a different date and time that would be great thank.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
    From: Elysia Showan
    Date: 9/30/16 4:37 PM (GMT 00:00)
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: FW: Marketing Invitation

· Monday 3rd October at 09:25 OR

· Tuesday 4th October at 09:25

· Tuesday 4th October at 14:25

32a - 37 Cowper Street. Shoreditch London, EC2A 4AW

I have included directions at the end of this email for your information. On arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with my company director: Ksenia, and someone will ask you to complete an application form.

When attending your interview please can you ensure you bring with you your original documents confirming your legal rights to work in this country (Visa documents if needed for the UK) and a form of identification to prove you are over the age of eighteen. Also, please bring a copy of your CV with you, and ensure you are dressed in business attire.

Please find directions to our office:

We look forward to meeting you.

Elysia
    Recruitment Manager
    Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: server01UsersINNOVATION2015Innovation Logosimd 2.png

http://fliphtml5.com/tgpq/atew | Link to Innovation Marketing Quartely Magazine

I applied for a care job but when I got there all they where talking about in my In my interview is sales and marketing I'm thinking to myself what the heck is this advertising faults jobs online it's a bloody sales and marketing company so why are they advertising care jobs

• Pa
    PacWest1995 Oct 12, 2016

Last week I received an email from a "Rebecca Newby" inviting me to an interview in Norwich. This is what I was sent:

Innovation Marketing Norwich - Appointment Invitation

Ref: Customer Service and Sales Rep

I have recently come across your CV and I have the great pleasure in
    informing you that you have been short - listed and therefore I would like
    to invite you for an initial appointment on:

Thursday 6th October at 09.45am
    Friday 7th October 10.00am

Please email me back with the date most suitable for you, if either one of
    the dates are not suitable please contact the office on the numbers listed
    below for us to look at alternative dates for you.

7-14 Sackville Place, 44-48 Magdalen Street Norwich, NR3 1JU

I have included directions at the end of this email for your information. On
    arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with
    Daniel Knox-Hooke, and someone will ask you to complete an application form.

Please note you must be 18 years old or over.

Please find directions to our Office:
    Head northwest on Thorpe Road/A1242 towards Riverside Road/A147, continue
    onto Prince of Wales Road, continue on to Rose Lane, continue onto Market
    Avenue, turn right onto Agricultural Hall Plain, turn left onto Upper King
    Street, turn left to stay on Upper King Street, continue onto Tombland. At
    the Roundabout, take the 1st exit on. Continue on to Magdalen Street,
    Sackville Place will be on the right hand side.

Rebecca Newby
    Recruitment and Office Manager

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description:

I had two interviews in Norwich for other jobs last Wednesday, and when I was making my way back to the railway station to go home, I read this email. My initial reaction was "yes, another interview!", but I couldn't recall applying for the position. I reckoned I might have applied for it shortly after my dismal Universal Credit interview at the start of the week under the stress of meeting the 35 hours per week jobsearching target (I closed my claim shortly afterwards because I didn't want to play the system, but that's an argument for another board. :P ). In any case, this wasn't the type of job I was looking for, so I was especially puzzled as my train took me back home.

When I got home, I thought I better check my applications, and found nothing in my emails or accounts. I then googled "Innovation Marketing Norwich", and this board was the second result to come up. Glad I did, because I saved myself another train fare and a morning of being indoctrinated. Part of me kinda wishes now that I'd gone along to the interview as a bit of a laugh, having found out all of this beforehand. Hey ho. :P

Mrs anonymous Oct 10, 2016

Today I had interview at marketing innovation when I got there I thought to myself this does not look like a care company applied for a care job online and when I got there all they were talking about is sales and marketing and I think to myself why are advertising care jobs online and when you get there they're talking about something completely different time and they SCAM never again. Complete waste of my time they never discussed one thing about care waste of bloody time.

• Da
    DanH143 Oct 10, 2016

Seen the review from people claiming to be "Innovation Marketing". It seems strange that although they already have your CV and have considered you to be shortlisted…why they would need your full name and telephone number etc as someone could simply look at your CV and get the information for themselves within the first seven seconds. THAT is how you detect lier and scammers from the truth tellers :)

I have recently received an email from the Norwich branch, they did not ask for my name or number, in fact they addressed me in person (by email) asking me to confirm one of two times from tomorrow (short notice but this industry is fast moving) asking me for my CV and giving me directions from the nearest restaurant. This will make them easy to find

There are saints and there are sinners, if they ask you for information they should already have. for example: a well known scam - people who call you regarding your PPI following a car accident you had last year and being entitled to three and a half thousand… of course, if you don't even remember the accident then it must have been pretty bad (I think the tram is worth more than that) but they require your bank details to send you the cheque… well, it doesn't take an Einstein to realise that if they've got your bank details then they can simply SEND you the cheque rather than get the info again…right?

To summarise:
    Not all Innovation Marketing brands are evil, they're just the big name that has its deamons trying to borrow their name
    Check the logic behind what is written, WHAT are they saying, WHY are they asking, DOES it make sense?

Hope this helps :D

• Ke
    keithyl1 Sep 26, 2016

Thank you so much for exposing them! I knew they were fishy when I received an email today on the 26th Sep asking me to come for an interview the following day at 9am. This is a ridiculously short notice so I tried to call them to reschedule, but they didn't answer.
    Another weird thing was the "Dear candidate" in their email instead of your name.
    On top of that, the email said the interview aimed to discuss my "past roles" while I don't have any in sales & marketing field as I just recently graduated. This made me think they haven't even read my CV!
    I was suspicious as I didn't recall applying for their company but hey, I've applied to way too many jobs since I graduated so I thought they might be one of those, but they must have found my CV on one of the recruitment sites I've been using.
    Their website looks professional and they even have their own magazine, linkedin page, and Lawrence Lenzi has twitter with quite a lot of followers (I'm sure he has bought a lot of them!).
    This is such a disappointment as I finally got hope that some company has responded to me and was actually looking forward to the interview. They take advantage of desperate, young people to exploit them.
    I've previously been scammed short after my arrival in London by a comedy club for leaflet distribution. The manager clearly told us we would be paid £7/hour and then took each of us to a different location where we would be distributing the flyers. We spent the day distributing flyers from 9am until 11pm. At 11pm he came back to pick us up and to our great surprise he told us we actually wouldn't be paid per hour, but it was commission based! Which meant we didn't get paid anything and then just exploited us. I became really angry and argued with the manager, telling him he exploited us. He started SHOUTING at me, saying that I actually made losses to the company as I had distributed the flyers all day yet very few people came to the comedy club on that day! So not only I was exploited, I was also treated with NO respect. Situations like these are just so upsetting, especially for desperate job seekers like me. Always research companies before you decide to go ahead with the interview/trial shift and trust your gut! If something seems fishy to you, it usually turns out to be exactly that!

This is the full email if anyone is interested:
    __________________________________________________________

Tuesday 27th September 2016 at 9:30am
    Tuesday 27th September 2016 at 2:30pm

• Eu
    Euna Sep 21, 2016

Hi all i e just seen everyones comment on this company. What a bunch off bad people i went to the first interview on monday 19.9.2016 and it reminded me off a cattle market so so so many people for one job. I new something was wrong with this interview... One off the managers a indian man. Who said he joined tha company not long ago. Well what would you know they called me to come to the 2interview. I was still not sure about this so ive just checked online about the company and ive found all comments well i ant going back. And ive saved the train fare. The only thing i can say what goes around comes around do not go to this interview scamers

• Lu
    Lucia Pereira Sep 14, 2016

God! I just received the same email and I already had a bad experience when I was living in Lisbon. Those kind of companies are a plague!
    The option of dates are tomorrow or Friday. No way! No information about the role or the salary. No LinkedIn page. I really don't know how the authorities allow those companies to continue doing this.

• El
    elthano Aug 21, 2016

I had the same thing happen to me. After applying for many jobs I received an email saying they received my application and would like me to come in for an initial assessment interview. I was confused because I never apply for sales positions but thought I have nothing to lose. I researched them a bit, the website seemed ok, so I am guessing they have updated it since the first comments in this thread, so I decided to give it a go. Like you all said the whole situation felt off, the group interview part, the experience level of the other people interviewing with me, the secrecy regarding the responsibilities of the position and the promise of owning my own company in 4-5 years. The guy told us we would get a call the same evening with feedback on how we did and if we progressed for a second interview, however he went on to ask all of us which day the next week we would like to come back for it. Who asks you when you are free if you supposedly haven't gotten the interview yet? Anyway, I figured he didn't want to tell the unsuccessful candidates they would not move forward in front of everyone and that's why he asked us all. So, I got a call back the same evening telling me I did incredibly well at the interview and they were very impressed and would like to see me again next Monday for a second interview and this time it would last at least 3-4 hours. That's when I decided to further my research and found this thread. Now I'm thinking I cleared my schedule anyway, so I'll go just so I can expose them for the ###s they are. And if anyone even tries to use the phrase "thanks for wasting our time" they are going to wish they never contacted me in the first place.

Not_A_Snowflake Aug 05, 2016

Thanks to this forum, you guys have saved me from wasting my time. I thought it was odd that I received an interview offer for a job I didn't recognise but didn't occur to me it was odd as I had been applying for a lot of apprenticeship jobs yesterday when I received this email.

Ref: Sales and Marketing Opening

Following the receipt of your application for the above opening, I have great pleasure in informing you that you have been short - listed and therefore I would like to invite you for an initial interview on:

· Friday 5th August at 09:25 OR
    · Friday 5th August at 14:00

32a - 37 Cowper Street. Shoreditch London, EC2A 4AW

I have included directions at the end of this email for your information. On arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with Ksenia Bodrova, and someone will ask you to complete an application form.

The purpose of the interview is to assess your suitability for the above opening, and give yourself, and the interviewer, an opportunity to gain further information before making a successful appointment. During the interview process we may seek further clarification on information provided to us on your application.

Kind Regards,

As someone who really wants a job I nearly fell for this scam... Remember if it's too good to be true than it probably is!

• Fi
    Fi Prince Jul 29, 2016

Hello everyone,
    Thanks all of you because you just saved £120 traveling cost and 8 hours travelling time. I have received this email this morning and while i checked i found out i never applied for that job. Went to research and got you guys here. Thanks everyone I am not going for interview for sure!!!

AngieAng La-Angel Brown Jul 28, 2016

i too got a simular e-mail after applying for the job in my prevous post.

Innovation Marketing - Interview Invitation
    Charlotte Moy
    Thu 28/07/2016 11:[email protected]

Friday 29th July 2016 at 09:30am
    Friday 29th July 2016 at 2:30pm

AngieAng La-Angel Brown Jul 28, 2016

To add this was taken from total jobs Retail Event Sales Assistant - Training Provided, Company: Live Innovations aka Innovation Marketing
    so if you see that company name on job searches then just don't go there

Comments

AngieAng La-Angel Brown Jul 28, 2016

Got this someone named Charlotte Moy and thank god i didnt waste my time with it espically as i did not apply for any marketing job...

Friday 29th July 2016 at 09:30am
    Friday 29th July 2016 at 2:30pm

• Aj
    AJ Javaid Jul 22, 2016

Just went to an interview today. Traveled to London, spent money, time and effort and then I see this. I knew something was fishy when each candidate was an idiot and I felt like I was too clever to be there. I applied for so many jobs, I didn't remember applying for them, hence why I went. It's no wonder they don't mention salary and their progression information is a bit vague. I was told you become a team leader in 4 weeks... No thanks, I don't want to lead idiots from door to door.

I'm tempted to attend the second stage and expose them. They are no better than ACN.

• Li
    lialia Jul 19, 2016

I have received an email like you all to attend the interview tomorrow, but as Ive found this amazing website I just cancelled my appointment and send them a nice email :
    'Hi,

I would like to cancel an appointment. I am not interested in this job as your scam company which uses young and talented people without paying them, plus you don't even mention its DOOR-TO-DOOR job and NOT Customer Service Representative. Scam scam scam!!!'''

• Da
    dammy Jul 03, 2016

Hello everyone, i almost fall victim as well, i'm just lucky enough to make some research about them before going for the interview, i will enjoy my sleep, thanks for the information everyone, its quite helpful

dammy

• Ve
    Veronica Barbagallo Jun 24, 2016

Hi guys,
    i had the same experience and i supposed to have the second interview today, but i'm just in time to send them an email and not to go there!
    Unbelievable! i'm shocked! I can't believe that people do that in UK!!!
    Thanks for your advices.
    Good luck for everything!

• As
    ashantix Jun 14, 2016

Good morning guys,
    I actually want to thank each and everyone of you for posting this information! My supposedly interview is tomorrow and I woke up this morning thinking "let me do a bit of research". I am so happy I found what I have. I was going to travel from Birmingham to London! (Can save my money now).
    I received the exact same email, and then I got a phone call asking about myself and what I do bla bla bla, she then started to explain the role (did not once mention, or give away that it's a door to door sales) she said that you have to be ambitious and money driven willing to progress in life. (Which any job would ask for really) she was such a lovely lady great telephone manners etc. Cannot believe that it's a scam! I'm in great shock. I was looking forward to this interview as well!
    I honestly believe that most of the jobs located in the SE1 area have the same sort of path. Absolutely disgusting!
    Once again, thank you guys!! You saved my money and time. Much appreciated.

• Lo
    Lorenzo Maccheroni May 26, 2016

Hi, everyone.
    Thanks for all the comments and the OP. The email was identical to the one of the OP, after two years, provided by the wonderful Charlotte May lol

Anyway, I never applied for the role, nor I have ever seen this "come tomorrow" interview, while they sent me the mail in the afternoon.
    Thanks to some research on the company and this website I won't go and waste my time, there.
    Thank you gain!

• Tu
    Tugce Iriyari May 17, 2016

I just got similar email today. Surprising to see they still exist! I was sure that I did not apply for any position at this company. Therefore I wanted to google it. I saw a only review on glassdoor.co.uk which showed me the job was not what I was looking for. Later I came across with your comments. Thanks to all of you, I saved my time, money and energy.

• Ra
    Raul12345 May 09, 2016

Dear Raul,

Well Done. Your CV has been shortlisted by our recruitment team members for the new role we have as a Sales and Customer Service Representative

Innovation Marketing Interview Confirmation:

Location : Old Street Branch

Appointment : 10th May 13:25

*Please reply to this email confirming your selected time*

Directions

The closest station to our office is Old Street on the Northern Line.

Take exit 2 stairs and to your left will be E.A.T To the left of E.A.T will be an off road called Cowper Street We are on the left hand side of this road at 32A - 37 Cowper Street

Press the buzzer for the 2nd Floor labelled Innovation and the receptionist will greet you when you arrive Total time of the appointment will last 20-30 minutes

Please Check the TFL website for the Journey Planner.

If you have any problems finding us, give us a call and we can gladly help you for any directional help you may need.

We look forward to seeing you for your interview

Kind Regards

Administration Team
    [email protected]

[protected]
    32-37 Cowper Street | London EC2A 4AW

I ALSO FOUND COMPANIES LIKE THIS WHEN I LIVED IN BARCELONA. I WILL OBVIOUSLY NOT ATTEND THE INTERVIEW NEITHER WILL BE BOTHER TO EVEN REPLY TO THEM. WHAT A SCAM!!! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!