Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] Logo

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]

Having problems with Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]?

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 832 2363 (Head Office)
+1 804 221 5054 (Veteran Outreach Coordinator)
+1 800 828 1120 (Virginia Relay)
+1 800 782 4001 (Unemployment Insurance Fraud)
703 E. Main St.
SunClosed
Locations

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 1358, Richmond, VA 23218-1358

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] Customer Service. Initial Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]. Discuss the issues you have had with Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] Complaints & Reviews

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Peuc

I have only been receiving one payment a month I am now 7 weeks behind I have filled and completed all Vec requirements when I call it say my claim can not be processed due to a outstanding issue with my claim I called Vec the said I needed to file Peuc 2021 so I did that over the phone but it still say I have a outstanding issue with my claim and I have not received any payment and now I'm so far behind to wait any long would be a mistake.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]benefits complaint

I filed my initial unemployment claim on 1/11/2021, and have not been able to reach anyone by phone on-going. My employer terminated me on 11/11/2020, and your automatic system said there is a problem with my claim, yet no one can be reached by phone to discuss further. I did fax documents to support me being terminated along with mutual signed document that agreed to Shelor Motor Mile wouldnt contest me being awarded benefits; Therefore, you have yet to advise me further as to what needs to be done or is being done??? I am prepared to escalate my concerns, so please contact me at [protected] or [protected]@gmail.com with an update. Leslie Stowers 821454 id# 3880 Roanoke St-Christiansburg, VA 24073.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Pua

I was excepted and approved and received payments for PUA from March till July 18, I never received my last $600 bonus payment and never received another payment afterwards. I contacted someone immediately, and have been trying to contact somebody since. Several months now. I can't seem to get anybody on the phone, I can't seem to get anybody who can tell me what happened to my account

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Requesting new pin

I have called the VEC customer care number 3 times a day, every day, since January 20. I do not have my pin number and am about to miss the tax filing deadline. I also never received my 1099-G form needed to file taxes. There has been no contact or replies at all. I have checked all possible mailboxes for my form and I never received it. The voice response system hangs up on you and doesn't even give the option to be placed on hold.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Outstanding issue with Pua

This is my 13th week claiming Pua benefits so far. Every time I check on the status of my claim it says there's an outstanding issue. When I call to resolve the issue I can never get in touch with a live representative for help then the phone automatically hangs up. How I'm supposed to fix an issue if I can't even get in touch with anyone to help. What a shame!!!

Virginia Employment CommissionUnemployment payments not received

I was laid off work on January 1, 2021. I registered for unemployment benefits on January 8, 2021. I did not receive my Monetary Determination letter and Pin until the first week of February 2021, most likely due to the extreme delays experienced with the US postal system. I began filing my weekly claims for benefits as of the week ending 01/09/2021 and have filed each week through this week ending 02/27/2021. I have NOT received a single payment in these past 2 months! I have tried calling the unemployment customer service line for weeks, redialing for hours each time, but CANNOT get through to a person, a hold que or a call back request. When I listened to a recording of my account status, it said there was an unresolved problem processing my account. I DESPERATELY need to speak with a customer service representative to find out what the problem is and how to resolve it! I am 64 years of age and my financial situation has become dire due to the lack of unemployment and stimulus payments! Can someone from the VEC call me at [protected] AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to resolve this issue? PLEASE HELP ME!

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Service to Employers trying to get a VEC Number

2/15, 2/16, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19, 2/22, 2/23, 2/14, 2/25

I am a small business trying to survive. I have been trying to get a VEC employer number for about 10 days now. This is needed in order for your payroll service provider to pay the unemployment for you (or if you are doing yourself). I have called 3 different numbers [protected], [protected], [protected]) and have left different messages everyday. On of the numbers has voicemail that is full.
              How can this agency not provide the service to the people that pay taxes to state. It is obsoletely shameful. It should not be difficult to get these requirements that are mandated by their own state laws. The service here is horrible because nobody answers the phone and nobody calls back. I am not sure who else to call so maybe Ill start with the governors office.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]I have not received my 2021 peuc payments

On February 12 I filed a claim for 2021 PEUC through a vec representative who gave me a confirmation number and who told me to wait several days before I filed my weekly claims. I was able to file every weekly claim successfully but I still have not received any payments for any weeks I claimed. I have the confirmation numbers and printouts of all the questions I answered for every weekly claim that I printed from the gov2go website so I have paper evidence to show VEC that I filed every weekly claim successfully. I am not able to reach any vec representative regarding when I will receive my payments. If months pass and I don't receive my payments I will take this matter into court and bring with me all of the paper documentation and confirmation numbers I have for every week I filed so that vec can pay me for every week that I still have not received payments for. I will not call vec anymore. I will handle this through the court.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]No response for over six months about my unemployment benefits.

I have been unemployed since July 1, 2020. My account states that there is an outstanding issue. I have filed claims every week, I have never received any payment at all. I reached out to all numbers listed with no response.

I have been unemployed since July 1st, 2020 for reasons of no fault of mine. The following week I applied for unemployment. I received a Pin # and monetary determination letter from VEC. and I started filing claim since then, however, I have never received a dime. My account states that there is an "outstanding issue in my account". I called all numbers listed and E-mailed Virginia unemployment. I contacted the Mayor's office and state department - still no response. This is by far the worst experience I ever had. I have no source of income and not sure what I should do next.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Unemployment Benefits

Kyle Bednarcik 03/12/[protected] Everything was going well from March thru August as my Unemployment funds were being deposited. To my surprise, my benefits stop being received when I changed banking account information with them. They are reporting benefits being issued but I have not received these funds. Multiple attempts daily are made to speak with someone by phone yet a return call requested in my messages is never returned Received the 1099-g Tax Record in amount $5212.00 (I have not received this amount to date.) If I wait to talk with someone, they always refer me to someone else who either does not return my calls or refers me to someone else. I have lost everything due to not have these benefits without family to help me survive.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Payments not received

Hi my name is Anthony Pope and I've been trying to get incontact with anybody with VEC and have sent tons of email. But still haven't gotten a response. I have been dealing with this matter since July of last year. I received two letters from VEC telling me to call [protected] to have scheduled call with someone from VEC/ Claimant notice of fact- finding interview. And for some reason everytime I call the states im scheduled in the system to calling. I have done everything possible trying to resolve this matter. But haven't gotten any assistance from VEC. Thank you Anthony pope. 757/339-7624

Payments not received

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]UI customer service

I applied for uninsurance back in June 2020.I received payments for approximately 8 weeks and then was cut off in August due to an outstanding issue with my claim. I have been desperately trying to contact customer service to resolve the issue ever since. I call everyday multiple times a day. I've been told by the local office that they are not giving clearance to see the issue and I have to dial the main helpline which just tells me that all agents are busy and or hangs up on me. I've never been so disgusted by government service which I paid into for 12 years as a public school teacher as I have been with the VEC. I have exhausted my retirement savings and my home is in forbearance quickly ending soon to be foreclosure. I cannot look for employment because I don't even have the gas or resources to do so especially as teachers are not paid for the first month. I have lost my children as a result of this because in custody I could not show any means to support them. The lack of professionalism and service has been detrimental to my life. However, as all their agents are busy, my life doesn't seem to matter at all to the state. I even emailed the governor with no response. I will consider this treatment before ever putting in any more years of service back to the state in the school system after this epic failure and breakdown in beaurocratic heartlessness.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Virginia PEUC benefits

I'm one of the people who was kicked off of PEUC last year by the Labor Dept. under Donald Trump, because the unemployment rate in Virginia was supposedly so low. (Note that there's no way to say you're still looking for work in Virginia if your benefits have run out -- I've spent hours trying in the past.) After waiting until February for Virginia to implement the PEUC extension that was signed into law last December, I'm unable to file weekly claims and haven't been paid a dime because of "an outstanding issue" on my claim, according to their automated phone lines. After calling hundreds of times per day to try to get through to a real person at Virginia's VEC customer service line (they hang up on you if too many people are in the queue, which I think holds at least 2, 000 people because I've had 1, 850 people ahead of me in the callback queue before), I was told that despite instructions that I found on their new GetGov2Go software and on their automated phone system, I was NOT supposed to refile the claim for initial unemployment if my PEUC benefits had been exhausted in the past. Now it could take an unspecified amount of time for someone to personally review my case and decide whether I'm eligible for the benefits. Meanwhile I'm about to lose my car insurance and am out of money for food and gasoline, and other people are in a much worse situations according to accounts I've read online. This doesn't seem to be the intention of the relief bill when it was signed. With thousands of people jamming up the phone lines every single day, and only tens of thousands of people eligible for the aid, that tells me that there's a good chance that everyone entitled to the aid is having problems receiving any benefits.

• Ne
                              Nefertiti G Feb 25, 2021

You are absolutely right!!! When I applied for the thirteen weeks of PEUC last year I did not get paid weekly. I got paid for the total 13 weeks THREE AND A HALF MONTHS LATER. Now I applied for PEUC 2021 on February 12 because their system found me eligible and I have filed eight weeks successfully and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN PAID. And if they don’t pay me for the weeks I am eligible to receive I will take this matter into court. I’m not calling VEC anymore. The only response that I received from a VEC after letting them know I still have not received any payments is that they have backlogged claims but they never told me WHEN I am going to receive my payments. They told me to continue filing my weekly claims.

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]None payment of unemployment PUA

I've filed my claims since January up to present( 2/19 4:52pm)date, yet I have received not 1 payment! I've tried calling the customer service center +[protected])786-4318 over hundreds of times over multiple days, with no contact from anyone human to resolve my issues! Another issue my pin 866156 does not match up with my ss number [protected], it did before you all implemented your upgraded! Now my numbers don't match up, I've uploaded the audio and transcript on V.E.C social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook

None payment of unemployment PUA

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Customer Service

I filed unemployment several weeks ago. I received a benefit letter and a pin number. I started my weekly claims for job searches. Now when I call in it say there is a discrepancy with my claim. I've tried to call the customer service line and you can't get through to anyone . I've been calling for more than a week and the system just gives you the run around. can someone please call me back to help me with my claim. My name is Matthew Harley cell number is # [protected]

Feb 17, 2021

Virginia Unemployment Commission — have not received any benefits, been filing claims since sept. thru feb.

My complaint is that on the ninth of Feb. I thought I was going to get paid, now there is an outstanding...

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]payment not received , not provided any reason.

I became unemployed as of July 30 2020, and began filing for unemployment. I have filed all weekly claims on time, and as of today it is Feb 12 2021. I have still gotten any pay, nor any insight as to why. In mid Oct. 2020 i called the complaint line for the vec, i was told that it would be escalated at that time it had been almost 5 months. And should be getting a call from review person soon. Than call came 3 months later on Jan 13th 2021. I was told i would know for sure on payment with in 7-10 business days. which brings us to today it has now been 10 months since i filed my first claim for my personal business that i had to close due to covid 19, and 6 months since i lost my part time job. Still no payment, no letters, no calls. Ive attempted to contact vec several time and instead of allowing the caller to wait for next available representitive they hang up and you have to do whole process again...Ive lost my business, spent all my savings, sold most of my belongings to survive, I still have not found a job due to my health with covid 19. the gross negligance by the vec, for the past 10 months is obscene .

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]Customer Service Inadequacy/Failure To Pay Money Which Is Due

I have been out of work due to COVID19 since March 2020. I've had "an issue on my claim" as well as multiple back payments being due to me with zero assistance available from VEC whatsoever. Having almost been a year with dealing with the pandemic, one would think they would have the customer service piece under control. THEY DO NOT and it's inexcusable.

Feb 09, 2021

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC] — Pua extension payment

I exhausted my 39 weeks in december. I called and recertified the week of the 29th of january. The call in...

Virginia Employment Commission [VEC]My form 1099-g

my form 1099-g and my direct deposits do not match the form 1099 has me getting at least 2000.00 more than i recieved in my direct deposit .the balances do not match. my federal id no [protected] my form has 10026.00 and my direct deposit is 8071.00 . I need to know what to do about my taxes can someone call me or email me to let me know what to do. [protected] or [protected]@hotmail.com