Complaints & Reviews

The sale of my van

I sold my caravan two weeks ago today and have yet to receive payment. My van was at the Rockley park site and I bought it four years ago from Haven and resold it to a private buyer who paid for it on the 15/7/20. It was like pulling teeth trying to get them to get their act together to make this sale and I was phoning 2 or 3 times a day just to get a date for them to do the paper work with the buyer from the 4th July to the 15th. They got really annoyed because I kept phoning and I pointed out to them if they would just give me a date that the buyers could come from Bristol to sign I wouldn't have to keep phoning. Eventually they booked 15/7 and were supposed to be sending me a release form which never came so I had to go down and fill it out and sign. I am still waiting for them to transfer the money to my account.

Haven holiday booking - ref [protected]

Hi, First of all, i do apologies for contacting you direct, I would not be doing this if Haven Holiday...

accident while on a five day holiday

My husband and I had a wonderful holiday break at Warners Sinah Warren, from the 30th of September to the 4th...

purchase new caravan

Was being sold a carvan on the Haven Blue Dolphin park and after paying deposit we were refused the finance...

abuse/neglect of static caravan/ lies regarding upgrades to park

We bought our abi horizon 2017 in July last year, paying £28000, we were made up as we'd have somewhere to...

my holiday stay

Iam on holiday at weymouth bay and leave friday morning i was verbully bullyed by a secuirty gauard kit who i...

purchase of static holiday homes

7th Jul 16, 3:20 PM SIY1083 View public profile Send private message Find more posts View all thanked...

they stole large sum from me

The company Bourne Leisure charged me for something and I have no idea for what, ‘coz I heard about this company for the first time. I lost really large sum and already spoke with the rep, but this scammer refused that they charged me. He started to tell me some ### and I have no idea what to do now. I wonder if there are people, who had the same thing. Maybe you can advise me what measures to take now. Please post your ideas and comments. Thanks.

• De
    Derek Trower Feb 06, 2016

I bought two caravans from Bourne Leisure for cash in 2009. In total I paid £35, 000. After a year I decided to have the caravans moved to a different site which was owned by another company as I was not happy with the way Bourne Leisure operated.
    The site fees were due to be paid in March and as it was April when I decided to move the vans I expected to pay a months site fees on each caravan. But NO they wanted a whole years fees to be paid and I refused. I was not prepared to pay a total of £7, 250 for a months site fees for two caravans.3 days later a company arrived to disconnect the vans for me and remove them to a new site.They were refused entry and told that my caravans had both been sold, complete with my belongings and taken off site to pay for my *debt*.In total they have robbed me of over £40, 000 and have refused me entry to the site and their head office will not answer any form of communication and have blocked my attempts to enter their offices.I cannot employ a solicitor as all my savings were spent on the vans which were for use in my retirement. Bourne Leisure have in fact got away with fraud.

mis sold caravan

We originally purchased a second hand caravan from Have Holidays in Mablethorpe in May 2010 for £26, 000 and we were very happy with our purchase as this caravan was brought in rememberance of my mum who always loved the site and had recently passed away.

However, as my elderly father has problems down below we subsequently decided that we needed a two toilet caravan. We approached the sales team and were advised that their was only two models of caravans that had two toilets. Which we were shown one.

After looking at the van we was advised thgat they had two of the model in stock one brand new and wrapped and boxed from manufacturers which would cost 28, 500 incusive and another one three months old which would be £2, 500 cheaper and that if we decided to buy either and pay a deposit before 6pm that day they would have it delivered within 7 days. We paid a deposit of £2, 800 pounds decided on the Brand New 2010 Model and signed up for finance of £12, 000 and was told well as it is 6pm and we finish now we will sort the paperwork and get back to you.

We decided to pay the extra and bought the new one. It was duly delivered that week onto the main car park. My husband saw it being unloaded and at 9.30am the same morning we went to have a look at it and noticed the exterior had very bad damage and also that the inside was not NEW but an Ex demonstrator. The manager came to look at the van swore and got back in his car and drove of. We asked the sales rep who was with us where does this leave us and she stated it is your caravan so you have got to have it it cost a lot to get it here and we have a conpany who will fix it within a week.

We thought we had to have it and questioned about it being new she stated well of course it is new. When she inspected it again and we pointed out the faults: Rubbish in bins, Doors not aligned, Window not fitted properly, fridge drawer missing, oven shelves missing and numerous things she was very nonchalent and we got the impression oh well never mind we will sort it and when we questioned about it was not new she just shrugged.

The next day I went to her on my own and I was in tears I said I was not happy and did not feel the van was for us and she just said you will be ok when it is on your pitch and basically after this fobbed me of.

It was sited within a few days with the damage which was a very long list still not rectified even after we repeatedly went to see the sales team
and on one occasion even heard a staff member refer to customers as "Knob Heads".

We eventually got a copy of the paperwork in NOVEMBER and found that we had not been told the truth but seriously lied to about how much the finance charges were, the repayment costs and also the worse thing was that we had not been given £18, 000 excluding vat on our exchanged caravan but just over £14, 000 therefore they had charged us nearly £6, 000 pounds for owning a van that we bought from them for approx 16 weeks of which they had rented out from the last two weeks in july up until the 2nd week in september and made a lot of money from.

We have been trying to get a replacement caravan to equal value or money back since the caravan was put on the pitch and as of todays date are now being ignored although some repairs have been carried out but the main complaints have not been dealt with and we are still stuck with a caravan we no longer want. The list of faults with this caravan is endless to numerous to mention but do Haven care NO.

The person who eventually was trying to help us who was the After Sales customer manager has subsequently left the company. We recently came into possession of the original paperwork from Willerby caravans and the caravan left them in October 2009 and it also shows some of the faults!.
All paperwork given shows 2010 Model and NEW.

Now no one is helping us. We are left in £30, 000 worth of debt as we remortgaged our house for £18, 000 to buy the first caravan and finance of £12, 000 for the supposedly BRAND NEW ONE and we have not had even an acknowledgement letter from Bourne Leisure.

My father is very upset as he feels it is his fault this has happened and is in tears when we try to discuss anything with him as he says if he did not have health issues we would noy have purchased the second van and be in so much debt.

We also now understand why when you are discussing purchasing a caravan from Haven Sales they will not give you the Proper price and will not write any figures down.

BEWARE OF BUYING A CARAVAN FROM HAVEN

• De
    Delboy66 Mar 03, 2012

Sold me broken caravan and after many complaints they took my caravan back and charged me fees. I've almost made a suicide and now they don't answer.

• Fe
    FEDUMORE May 14, 2015

Since purchasing the ABI ELAN 2009 holiday home in 2010 the Duty of Care that Bourne Leisure has given has failed considerably throughout
    Failed in a Duty of Care on Services
    Malicious Damage caused by holiday maker through your Guaranteed letting service which resulted in me removing it from your letting service.
    From not agreeing to part exchange to the sale of the first van I purchased
    Not told of the 30 day money back guarantee leaving me out of pocket over £10, 000.00.
    Malicious Damage caused over winter period 2011/2012 someone used my holiday home without my consent again causing me Financial difficulty as Insurance wouldn't pay out due to a key being used.
    Bourne Leisure Key Release Form has a duplicate and without this information as the form states that a Owners Key will not be released without the said key release form which is handed into reception on the holiday makers arrival with their party
    A failure to protect my van from malicious damage under clause 14 of the agreement in end of 2011 over winter period into 2012 resulting in Financial Difficulty Insurance never paid out as a key was used Park only had 1 left from the allocated 3 keys which is required on Bourne Leisure Request on asking about why I wasn't told of missing keys I was informed by park staff that all caravan keys get melted down
    you can contact me via email to [email protected] my name is dave

• Ry
    Ryan Davenport Nov 23, 2017

I purchased a new van this year (2017) from Bourne Leisure (Thorpe Park Haven) paying over 43k cash . We then decided to move pitch before our van was sited as a better located one became available . When I went to redo the paperwork was told all was the same except pitch number. A few months on and new site fees have come at a cost of £5678.00 (apparently it was increased by another £180 due to site fee review, then they charge water, sewage charges, none domestic rates, insurance gas and electric separately. When purchasing the van I was asked what my max would be to pay per year. I said around 4k inclusive. As you can see this was not true and the actual total cost is around 6.5k a year.
    We too have had many broken promises, work not carried out etc. 6 months on and work still not completed, must I had to do myself. Even the electrical 3 pin outside was full of water as the grommet was missing.
    After speaking with many other owners it seems that 80% of them are unhappy with their ownership at Thorpe Park.

• Mi
    Mina Thomson May 16, 2018

Hi there I have a caravan at Seton Sands Scotland I've been there over 9 years and every winter pay seton sands to drain down my caravan.This year when I returned the stopcock wasn't working and a plumber came up and managed to get it turned on but told me it needed new one I was also told that due to bad weather it would be best to go home and come back next week as they were busy not something I would tell a customer of mine after 9years but I don't work for haven. When I returned the next week I noticed a new stopcock was fitted and then realised I had been charged over £49 for this .Ihave since phoned emailed and my wife has had a meeting with park manager but it seems it's up to me to pay but what I can't understand is how the stopcock belongs to me as it's not part of the caravan its outside also if you reckon I own the stopcock next winter I would be better to take it home so it doesn't get broken by the frost which to me is silly but I'm not going to pay for something then leave it out to the elements hope to hear from you soon regards Davie Thomson

we feel very let down, despondent and upset

All paperwork given shows 2010 Model and NEW.

Haven and Bourne Leisures attitude well we don't know what it is because they are not respoding to our complaints.

Looking back in hindsight we wished we had not purchased the second van as we feel very let down, despondent and upset.